Clarins Shine Stopper

2.9

on 4/15/2011 5:22:00 PM

AMAZING!
can't leave the house without this in my handbag - perfect for de-shining my t-zone throughout the day!

on 6/4/2010 6:27:00 PM

I use this as well as the Clarins Powder Compact. I don't see much of a difference between the two. This one smells a lot better to me. UPDATE: This "shine stopper" doesn't stop any shine on my face. Infact, I look like a grease ball toward the middle of the day. And FYI, they discontinued the Powder Compact.

on 3/1/2010 3:31:00 PM

I guess this has received mixed reviews, but I quite like it. I have it in "beige transparent" and although my skin is not overly shiny, this is a good way to get a matte, even complexion without using foundation. I love the packaging, but then I tend to like all Clarins packaging... The perfume-y smell is not great, but there is something mildly comforting about it -- i.e., you know it's on (and working!).

on 11/12/2009 9:31:00 PM

I like this product! I have it in Translucent and it sets nicely for me. The colour I see is pretty much the colour that goes on. My skin feels soft after putting this on...love that! I like the pouch it comes in too.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I received this in a swap, so I cannot vouch for the price of this. In fact, when I buy another one, I'll edit this review to reflect that. I LOVE the packaging of this powder ! Few oil/shine/mattifying products work on me beyond a few hours. FYI, I'm "blessed" with not only cystic acne, but incredibly oily skin (I guess an upside to this would be a reduced chance of getting wrinkles :P), and this stuff has very good staying power. I wear this over my new HG foundation, Diorskin Icone photo perfect makeup, and my skin looks flawless. This stuff is so smooth and finely-milled. You can tell that this is talc-free. This powder is silky smooth to the touch.

If you're near a Clarins counter anytime soon, go over and test this stuff to see what I mean. If this stuff ends up being expensive, I'm still going to buy it, because it's definitely worth the money !! Finally, a powder that works and lives up to its stellar and classy packaging !

This is my first time ever trying Clarins, and boy, am I impressed !!

on 5/26/2009 11:10:00 AM

This product has been available in Europe for a couple of years now. I'm just decluttering all my make up and found it buried at the bottom of a box , looking forlorn. ie Unused.
I have shade 10 - 'Beige Transparent' Translucent.
Well if you're super pale like I am right now, there is nothing translucent about this powder. They should have called it Orange Pink. But then it wouldn't have sold.
So not only does this change the colour of my foundation, it does, as the reviewer below pointed out, make your skin look horrible.
Dreadful product.

on 5/4/2009 4:04:00 AM

This is the new addition to Clarins' line of powders. It is a transluscent compact powder that is supposed to absorb oil and everything about it sucks.

The oil-control ability is average- it is actually good but it makes your complexion ugly. It emphasizes my pores, dries up my skin and gives the lurid corpse look. And my skin itch big time.

Clarins regular compact powder is the best there ever is. And this new addition is a mistake!!!

on 2/16/2009 11:53:00 PM

This is one product that I will never ever even think twice of repurchasing even if the world does not produce anymore compact powders! It does not control oil, oxidizes on me, and clogged my pores. Bleah!

on 7/15/2008 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would not say this is the best mattifying powder, but its certainly not the worst. My gripes with this are that it has TALC, doesn't really mattify for very long, and it is too pink for my skin tone, and has a strong scent--sort of like a stale perfume. I also wish it had some SPF. Oh, and its expensive, too.

on 7/1/2008 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the least cake-y or chalk-y powder I've ever tried, and I've tried my share as I work in the field (let's see - superior to any pressed, loose, or foundation powder from Lancome, Lise Watier, Biotherm, Bare Escentuals, Revlon, Covergirl, Loreal, Rimmel, Maybelline, Almay, Dermablend.....). Gives a soft-focus finish each time whether or not oil has been blotted, on a bare or a made-up face. For me, there is no obvious smell or color - I actually use it on customers who have too much shine on their face to take their passport photos in a neighboring department, from pale to very very dark skin. For everyday use though, the translucent color that it comes in may only be appropriate for fair, light, or medium skins. I almost always apply with a powder brush although in a pinch the sponge it comes with seems to work just as well.