August 22, 2014 | 1976 users online

Eyeliner - Face of Australia Liquid Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 7:35:00 AM More reviews by laceher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for 7 years and swear by it! While working in the cosmetics section of the store, I got to try all products from a heap of brands and FOA’s stood out as the best for me. As opposed to the foam sticks that other liquid liners come in, FOA’s wand is an actual thistle brush which I find makes for easy application without having to taunt the skin and glides on smoothly. It does apply on wet (wait for it to dry or dab the excess off!) but once dry it lasts me until the afternoon, where it can be brushed over again if it has faded. The best thing about this is that it doesn’t smudge onto the upper lid and if it did need retouching, it cleans off completely with water without leaving a stained streak. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by jleelee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great for a cheap eyeliner!

I bought this on a recommendation of a friend. There was a special at Big W for $5.44. What I love about this eyeliner is the applicator brush, it's pencil thin thus I'm able to apply precise thin lines and bulk up the eyeliner if I wish. It took me a few attempts to work the brush properly but don't give up. I have very oil eyelids, I usually always use the urban decay eye primer potion before applying eyeliner but I tried the FOA liquid eyeliner without eye primer and it managed to stay on for quite a number of hours.

Would def recommend if you are after a thin type of eyeliner for cheap!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by LivvyRose94

Let me just start by saying I'm a beginner to liquid eyeliner. I found this really easy to use - the brush is quite thin, and flexible like a thin paintbrush. The handle is long enough to hold without discomfort. The lines are easy to draw. The formula is quite runny. It doesn't have a strong smell. But it isn't as black as I would like it to be. It's more of an ashy charcoal. It also smudges quite easily if you don't keep your eyes closed until it dries. It lasts okay, especially on my oily skin, so that's a plus. It's not bad, but I think I'd like to try something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by neevebabyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this at Priceline for $8.00 which is really cheap for makeup here in Australia so I thought I'd give it a go.

The brush is super thin and you have to have a really steady hand and experience with liquid eyeliner if you want to make a thin, precise line, so I wouldn't recommend this for beginners.

The formula is really wet and takes quite a while to dry which is frustrating because it can transfer to the lid really easily especially if you have a thicker line.

For the first couple of hours it still looks really pigmented and glossy by the end of the day it has faded and cracked quite abit, so I'd definitely recommend re-applying at some point.

I've been using this now everyday for about a month and I still have loads of product left, and I will be repurchasing :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by CarmenLacey

I love the pigmentation but the brush is kind of poor quality, for some reason mine won't let me achieve a thin line, it's quite thick. And it comes off and flakes too easily and quickly for me. Maybe this is just mine!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i don't know why, but this eyeliner didn't want to stay on my eyelids... It flaked off just after touching it once.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I won't be repurchasing this one. I found this to flake off at times but it has to be the easiest standard liquid liner I've used. I now use Maybelline's Master Precise Eyeliner pen and it makes winged liner even easier!

After so many years of being so stressed out when having to apply eyeliner, using different types of kohl pencils, liquid eye markers, gel liners and other liquid liners, nothing even comes close to being as easy as using this. The brush is perfect because its so thin and flexible, its extremely pigmented and very easy to use and I can finally get a thin line with no worries! Without primer this lasts throughout a whole day for me and I find it to be water resistant not waterproof which is okay for work everyday. If I'm going to be near water I will definitely use a gel or waterproof liner because I have cried with this on and it has flaked off and irritated my eyes.

For everyday use though I'm pretty happy I found this because its one of the cheapest at Priceline and better than the more expensive brands at the 'drugstore' in Australia in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 7:45:00 AM More reviews by sevel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*********************HG PRODUCT****************************
This is my number one product out of any in my make up kit! If I could only choose one product to keep out of all my make up (including mascara, foundation, ANYTHING) - It would be this liquid eyeliner. I've been using this pretty much everyday for 8 years and never have I found one as good. There was a time when a friend of mine put me onto the MAC fluidline however I found myself continuously going back to my Face of Australia liner. It sells for $8.95 and lasts forever! I probably buy one every six months so it is 100% going to save you some serious coin if your used to using other more expensive products.

The thing I love about this most is the long thing brush which makes getting a 'winged' eyeliner effect so easy! Unlike other products whose brushes are short and hard to use-FOA on the other hand makes getting that 'FLICK' a piece of cake!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 6:05:00 AM More reviews by lauran333

this is my favourite liquid liner out of them all. i have about 10 and this is the cheapest and practically the best. its brush is felt tipped so it doesnt moe around al over the place and it make is much easier to draw. i am very bad at drawing eyeliner so ussualy with my other eyeliner i just colour my eyelid in with the liner then shape it with liwuid remover and a cotton bud. thats how bad i am at drawing eyeliner but not with this. easiest eyeliner to use and i didnt have to remove any mistakes afterwards. i can say this eyeliner lasts over 9 hours.
pros:
long lasting
very black
easy to draw
easy to remove
cheap
doesnt sting
dries quickly
available in 5 different colours
doesnt flake off
doesnt transfer on the lid (good for monolids)

cons:
there are none

overall this is sos sosososososososos cheap and its i defenetly the best liquid eyeliner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by lizzea

I wish I could have given this 5 lippies as I really like the pigmentation, smooth application and the thickness of the brush (super thin!) and the price... Unfortunately, this really stung my eyes and got into my eyes and rolled up into a sticky ball when I was trying to remove it (and it stung my eyes even more) with waterproof makeup remover... I don't know if it's just my eyes that are overly sensitive, but I really hate that pilling that happens with the product when I'm trying to remove it and it gets stuck in my tearducts etc... gross i know :( The revlon liquid liner does the same thing but it doesn't sting my eyes when I first apply it. So, this stings my eyes when I apply it and stings even worse when I take it off. It's a real shame because everything else was quite good about this product! Sensitive eyes beware.