September 21, 2014 | 1960 users online

Eye Shadow - BYS Eyeshadow compacts

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by sarah1608

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a few of their 8 palette's and honestly, they're not bad for the price. I will discuss them individually.

BYS Colour Conga palette - cute compact, upon opening smells STRONGLY of talc so if you are sensitive to smell, avoid. The pigmentation is decent, a few shades are chalky. Also I think it's important to note that the shimmer is only on the top - after a few uses theres no more shimmer. Weird. This is very powdery so theres a lot of fall out but the lasting power is decent with a primer.

BYS Metallics Browns palette - LOVE this palette, the shades are absolutely gorgeous and they last 12 hours with a primer. It doesn't smell as strongly as the first palette but it's still noticeable. They are VERY pigmented (seriously, on par with high end brands) but are still powdery/soft so again, fall out is an issue. I own the UD Naked palette but I reach for this cheapie more! Definitely pick this up if you're a neutrals fan.

BYS Metallic Darks palette - contains smokey shades, an electric blue and green. I don't really do the smokey eye look but I love the blue shade - I wear it to costume parties and get loads of compliments. The smell is really annoying but the colours are nice.

If you would like some more info, just private message me, I'm an Australian beauty blogger and have done individual reviews/swatches on these palettes :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Mikstarzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great eyeshadows, not as pigmented as could be really shimmery colours great for young people starting out. Would recommend this product to anybody who's starting out and doesn't wanna spend all there penny's on Mac or high brands. I have created many looks with the compacts but unfortunately didn't stay on long all in all okay for a beginner in make up would recommend it!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by leserpent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the palette in Natural Delight on some kind of blind impulse only to remind myself why I don't buy cheap products any more. The consistency is bad - or, to be honest, without any real consistency - the brush/applicator collects so much of the stuff from the pan and it will get everywhere), the pigmentation is bad (it's so bad the colours all look the same eventually), the packaging is bad. Cheap but waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

Cheap and cheerful. Hit and miss with the shade colour pay-off. Some
more pigmented than others. Most too glittery for my liking so would not buy again

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Eh, they're okay, not good, not bad, just average. You pretty much get what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Vaporeon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the #5 Black steel palette for something like $3 AU. For a $3 palette, I'd say it's quite worth it - especially being a makeup cheapo like me. The texture is a bit powdery, and the colour payoff slightly on the sheer side but unless you're sweating buckets it doesn't fade too fast. I managed a few parties with this palette and it has lasted a few hours at a time. Not bad, in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by jaimemakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pigmentation isn't bad, but it's cheap so it would be a great starter eyeshadow for someone getting into eyeshadow or just wanting to try BYS out. The pigmentation is enough to achieve some nice looks and actually wear them out.

The packaging isn't my favourite, one drop and it's kind of the end of the world.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

BYS Neon Eyeshadow Palette is a 5 pan palette containing neon yellow, green, orange, and pink and a bright violet. I purchased this from Gloss for about $6 AUD. The shadows have a soft, blendable texture and a matte finish. The Yellow and Violet shades are a tad powdery, but generally they're very smooth. All of these shades are very pigmented and so bright they appear to be glowing. This is definitely my favorite BYS product I've purchased, but its hard to get much use out of such an intensely bright product. But the use I do get out of it, I thoroughly enjoy. The application of these shadows takes a bit more work than your average shadow. Its best to pat these colors on with a stiff brush or sponge tip applicator, over a sticky base. The only real downfall of this product is its lack of availability. BYS is only available online, or in stores in Australia, New Zealand, and Malaysia. However you can find dupes from Sleek and Kryolan, though they aren't exact. I recommend this palette to anyone who appreciates bright, intense, neon colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 5:02:00 AM More reviews by babii244

Ok girlies, I'm going to make this a quick and easy 'to read' review which will provide all the informaiton you need.

First of all, this product is definitely not as bad as what other people say. I have never used these eyeshadows until last week when I decided why not? It's only $5AU, can't go wrong right? If it's bad then I'll know to never buy it again. I am a drug store brand/high end brand girl, I've tried every possible makeup but I thought to myself...Why spend so much on eyeshadow when no one is going to realise where you bought it from? Yes, buy highend makeup for the quality but some eyeshadows work just the same and it's only the "brand" that makes it sound expensive. If you are going for foundation/pirmer (which relates your whole face) then it's important to purchase the most appropriate makeup which is good for you but this is only an eyeshadow afterall, can't do much harm unless you think it might give you wrinkles? Hrmm, cream will fix that.

Ok lets get it on: I purchased 4 palettes which consists of the 5 quad and a 8 quad all for $4.95AU [#2 natual delight, #8 Moonlight Shores, Metalics Pink-Purples and #4 Denim in Distress]. I love makeup, so I just bought a whole lot to try them out.

Advantage:
- With a proper (good) eye primer the eyeshadow HONESTLY stays on for the WHOLE day! I applied the eyeshadow from 8am-7pm and went out the WHOLE day and it still hasn't faded. I use URBAN DECAY PRIMER POSION (highly recommended)
-The colours are beautiful, lots of range colours
-They are "quite" pigmented
-They are seriously dirt cheap! For various colours
-Packaging is decent

Disadvantage:
-Gets chalky when you use it with an applicator (most cheap products are like that :( sadly...)
-I dislike the smell of it: Can smell quite like plastic and cheap stuff
-It may be harmful because of the ingredient but trust me...ALL MAKEUP ARE HARMFUL! Except if you want the organic ones which I doubt is even a makeup? I'm not too sure haha.
-It can get destroyed easily, in other words chalky and go very messssyyyy
-If you want it to be pignmented when applied on your eye, have to apply it more than once for the colour to show up!

Overall, I love these eyeshadow. I just don't like the fact that it has a "cheap" name written beside it (not actually written beside it but you get what I mean). I honestly don't think it deserves a bad name because as a Makeup GURU, I've been through many makeup and trust me, this is no where near bad. I love it. It may not be the best eyeshadow but it's worth the money. In the end, eyeshadows are just going to be used up and so there's no use buying expensive ones (I only sometimes buy expensive ones) I love sleek divine eyeshadow! Sorry out of topic but a recommandation for you girls :). I would rate it a 3.5-4/5 :-) Worth it for a cheap product!!! Hope this helped some of you!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by iivi1959

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Veeeery good eyeshadow! Excellent pigment and lasts long!
Very good shades, blendable with each other.10+++ points!!!