November 28, 2014 | 1810 users online

Mascara - Australis - Mega Lash Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by lipstickinpink

Nothing special... It has your standard bristle brush, no unique shape.

Doesn't add any length and little to no volume. It does make my lashes spidery the more i apply.. but doesn't get clumpy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had heard good things about Australis mascaras so I decided to try one out. I decided to go with the Mega Lash but unfortunately this didn't make a good first impression.

The brush is your standard bristle brush, no unique shape. I got it in 'Black' which isn't waterproof but compared to other non-waterproof mascaras I've tried this smudges like crazy on me! When I apply this I need to make sure I don't blink too much even just applying a little because it takes a while to fully dry! I think that's why it smudges onto my lower lash line even when I apply it just to the top lashes.

It gives a natural effect to my lashes, adding length more than anything. I prefer waterproof mascaras as my lashes don't hold curl well and this does nothing in terms of hold for me.

It claims to be fragrance-free which is true. I don't get a strong scent when I open/apply this mascara, so it would be good for sensitive eyes.

Overall, I didn't like this mascara at all. Will not repurchase/recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by samsungasong

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have voluptulash in this brand. I've always been a Lancome fan with regard to eye makeup & due to expense I began trying other cheaper brands such as Maybelline, L'Oreal etc... I was given this mascara as a present and was nicely surprised. It builds my lashes up well as it adds fibres to my lashes. I have on occasions noticed the fibers drop to my cheeks & when removing, I thought my lashes were coming off. I now realize it's not my lashes, its the fibers.

When applying, my lashes become clumpy yet this is easily fixed by using a lash & brow groomer to comb my lashes immediately after application. This eliminates the clumpiness, thins the fibers down & prevents the fibers from falling on my cheeks. I find it has great staying power & lasts for many hours. From my experience with mascaras, this would be on par with Lancome. For a cheap mascara, I would definitely repurchase.
Edit: After trialling Jordana & comparing it to this product, I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2012 6:24:00 AM More reviews by joeccentric

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this in black for about $17NZD at Farmers a few years back. I was pretty new to mascaras then and due to the cheap price, didn't expect much. I was surprised that it was able to coat my short stubby lashes and make them a lot thicker and dramatic. It didn't hold a curl very well though. Length was decent but that wasn't what it was promising.
I wore this for about 9 hours and by the 5th hour it had started to flake. Only a little bit of smudging on my oily lids. Overall, I was happy with the results but wouldn't repurchase as I'm not a big mascara fan anymore.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Electric Blue is absolutely gorgeous, and the Black is a standard deep black. An affordable everyday mascara in a generous 10ml size. Its a slightly "wet" formula so it takes a minute or two to dry, and, it lasts for lasts for twice as long as other mascaras without clumping or drying out. You probably finish it well before it starts to thicken. I love the product but sadly won't buy again because Australis have made this scented (WHY??) so it is not suitable for sensitive eyes. My eyes itch when I use it. Australis, PLEASE remove the scent from your eye products to care for our eyes better :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by epaton

Great mascara which is my staple at the moment. I've been through about 5 tubes.
I work around a lot of steam and heat and find it hard to find a mascara that doesn't end up as panda eyes at the end of the day.
This doesn't budge on me and it's not even waterproof!!
Easy to build up layers.

Gives me some volume and lengthening, not too clumpy and can't go past the price (about AU $10).

I also have the electric blue which I use on my lower lashes and this is great too.

Highly recommend!

Edit = I had to take away another lipstick because my sister and I are pretty sure they've changed the formula. Now it's more liquid, and doesn't have the staying power it used to. Panda eyes happening now :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2008 2:09:00 AM More reviews by willozza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a good value cheapie mascara. It defines my lash without giving me the clumps. Don't expect to see a huge difference. Great for work. My lashes are still curled by the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2007 11:36:00 PM More reviews by luckylouie

This review is for an Australian brand called Australis. I am reviewing their Mega Lash Mascara and giving some idea of their whole range of mascaras. Australis is a vastly underrated brand that most peopleassociat with teenagers. This is probably because of the cheap price. Everything they sell is cheaper than either Maybelline or Covergirl, and yet the quality is just as good.

Megalash costs around $10AU and is only available in Black or Electric Blue. It does a good job of thickening lashes, but doesn't add much length. It lasts well without smudging and comes off easily. I would compare it to Covergirl's Fantastic Lash, except that the colour range is limited. In fact that is the worst thing about the Australis range of mascaras.

Lash Magnitude comes in Black, Black/Brown and Black waterproof and does a good job of lengthening as well as thickening. Beware, the black waterproof is very hard to get off at the end of the day. On the plus side you can wear it for 24 hours straight without any flaking at all. Also $10AU

Extender Lash Mascara only comes in Black and clear but does a really good job of separating and defining lashes for a natural daytime look. Also $10AU

Volume Boost Mascara is one of the currently popular two step mascaras, with the white primer which adds fibres, and then the black mascara to cover it. This certainly does as good a job as the Maybelline two step. It comes in black only and costs $11AU. I personally find that although it does a good job of adding length and volume, it is not as long wearing as the other Australis mascaras, and does tend to flake by the end of the day.

All of the Australis mascaras work well, they certainly are of the same standard as Covergirl and Maybelline Mascaras, and cost about 1/3 less. Australis, not just for schoolgirls anymore.