October 21, 2014 | 1161 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by Melzy323

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I echo everything BeautifullyNatural25 said. This is *supposed* to be a smudgey kohl pencil! If you are fond of the French girl, slept-in, kohl rimmed smokey eyes a la Carine Roitfeld, then this is the pencil for you! (If I'm not mistaken, I believe this was the pencil that was included in the MAC Carine Roitfeld set a couple of years ago). It truly is the perfect pencil for me. It is carbon black - I've never seen a blacker pencil. Too Faced lava gloss pencil might have come close... I've used kohl powder from the Middle East and I don't think it was as black as this. And yes, it smudges like crazy! Which, for me, is a great thing! You even have to watch where you're waving the pencil about as you apply it because anything it touches will have a black smudge on it. Watch those pencil shavings too. It applies fairly smoothly with a slight pull to it and it's ever so slightly crumbly. Not a problem for me and the look I'm trying to achieve. Blends like a dream and though it migrates - again, that's a good thing for me, it's so pigmented that it stays put too. (If that makes sense....). Lasts all day - and all night if you dare to sleep with it. Holy Grail for sure! Try this for some tres chic smokey eyes!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by lukki7ster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

why oh whhyyy didnt i listen to the reviews. No lie...i put this on at 7am by 11am this liner migrated to my damn face. PISSED

bare in mind i guess i have a moist waterline and i didn't set it with a powder so that MAY have been my issue. I will try setting it tomorrow and see if that makes a difference. IF so i will edit this review

however it is VERY nice and black..goes on smooth and you get a LOT of product unlike drug store pencils this thing is loooong.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Nene2012

I used smolder for the longest and it would smudge down my water line. When i ran out, i decided to try feline and it is better by far. It's super black and stays put on my water line all day. Well worth it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm disappointed this doesn't work exactly as I'd hoped. The color payoff is PHENOMINAL, first and foremost. It draws a jet-black line quickly and easily. Beautiful. The problem is, no matter if I use my Too Faced primer or not, it smudges too much....and not in a good, smoky sexy way. It's just too messy on me for the waterline or lower lash line (upper lid lining is "ok"). However, IMO, Too Faced's Perfect Eyes liner in black is much better....it gives me the color AND sets, even on my waterline.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by chriseileen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This smudges everywhere. It isn't good for normal-oily lids, even with primer underneath, it will smudge. If I curl my eyelashes while this is on my top liner it will smudge. By the end of maybe 1 hour to 30 minutes it will all be transferred to the bottom lash. Dark raccoon eyes, not the look I'm trying to achieve.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by NativeNewyorker

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I went to the MAC counter in my local department store looking for an intense black eyeliner. My intention was to buy Smolder. but the SA told me that Feline was the blackest black and also smudged less than Smolder. He showed me both and sure enough, Feline was the darker of the two.

I have been reading the reviews saying that this pencil doesn't last, smudges, etc. I prefer to use this on my inner waterline top and bottom. It works even better than the Maybelline Studio automatic intense black eyeliner I was using for that purpose. However, sometimes I will line it very close to my upper and lower lids for a more dramatic nighttime look. I always put a powder eyeshadow over it for staying power. I use Carbon and it helps the pencil liner stay on very well. That would be my recommendation for those who have had problems with smudging.

Those who really want staying power might be better off with the Technakohl automatic liners in the MAC line. Smolder seems to be more popular, but for me Feline is the kind of intense black that I love. When I use it on the waterline, it makes my green eyes stand out.

For me this is an excellent product that, when used properly with a black eyeshadow, has terrific staying power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

This is a very BLACK eyeliner, which I love, but it smudges terribly! I use it over UDPP and in less than an hour, it has migrated to my crease and given me racoon eyes. sometimes I don't mind the smudging...if I'm going for that look...but most days, I don't prefer the smudging. It also irritates my eyes. I'm trying UD 24 7 liner in Perversion next. Just as black but supposed to have better staying power. I was sad to return this because I do love the color and how easily it glides on.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2012 8:26:00 AM More reviews by bamboozle27makeup

i have suhc a love hate relationship with this product. I love how dark and creamy it is, it goes on like a dream, and is pitch black and not a kind of muddy grey black that some black liners go. HOWEVER. this does not stay anywhere. not on my top lid, my water line, my upper eyelid waterline...no where. smudges, runs, so awful. Ive actually decided to stop using it because it is so annoying to use :(

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by LilWoodSprite

Love how black it is but my god, it doesn't stay still. It smudges like crazy. Never again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by stylemaven

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay, this is expensive -- I paid $30. And occasionally the lead breaks, upsettingly wasteful. BUT it is such a black black. Used inside (top and bottom) and outside (top only, smudged with smudge brush), my blue-green eyes sparkle like jewels in a dark setting. Smudge brush makes an instant "smokey eye," no shadow needed. It's a must-have, desert island product for me, reposing in my makeup bag next to my Lancome Definicils mascara.