April 17, 2014 | 1696 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Velecta Paramount - TGR Tempo XXP Professional Hair Dryer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by hollyc01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

No doubt this is a quality product. It is extremely powerful and has a great range of temperatures and air flow. It is so powerful I have to be careful I don't blow things over and off my vanity. Super long and heavy high quality cord. The reason I bought it is that I have had numerous titanium, ceramic, nano blah blah blah dryers and could NOT get any body in my hair. Then I went to our cottage and used my cheap little Remington that I keep there and voila! My hair was full again. I think there is such a thing as too many ions etc. for certain types of hair. Mine is fine and tends to be flat. Just to test, I got out my T3 the other day and yup, flat, silky, lifeless (but shiny) hair. Bah bah T3. So, if I like the TGR so much why would I not buy it again? Well, this sucker is heavy . . . . . really heavy and it's loooooonng . . . . really really long. So couple the weight with having to hold it with my arms practically fully extended it's damn awkward and tiring. If these things don't bother you then this is one super, powerful, well built and probably long lasting dryer and you should get it. Me and my spaghetti arms are going back to the drawing board . . . . . sigh. . . . .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2007 9:32:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

I grew increasingly obsessed with finding this product after my stylist made a switch to it from his regular standby, the Solano. My hair always felt silkier and shinier after he used it, and what's more, the blowouts weren't taking nearly as long. This French made dryer isn't the easiest to find, but I was able to track it down at one local beauty supply, as well as online through fabaocanada.com, where it was a few dollars cheaper, shipped. Even so, it rang up at about $200CDN.

Worth the cash? Sure. This dryer has two speed and six heat settings, something I've never had before on my cheapie Conair dryers. The shape is ergonomically designed, and the cool-shot button is placed in such a way that it's easy to get to, but not easy to accidentally activate. A flat nozzle comes as an optional attachment, and while I'm not married to it for what it does, I use it anyway, as the metal mouth of the dryer gets very hot, so much so that it is absolutely possible to burn yourself if you're not careful. Other noteworthy features are the extra long cord, and the considerably soft voiced motor - for the fact that it's so powerful, it's surprisingly quiet. This Velecta comes with a limited 6 month warranty, but from what I hear, these last years and years. All in all, the $200 was a big expense to begin with, but after just a couple of years and several $30 dryers, it's not a bad investment at all. And yes - it really does give me silkier, shinier hair, and to dry my whole head - from root to below-the-bra-strap tip, it only takes about five minutes. continued >>