October 1, 2014 | 1841 users online

Gels/Soaps - Desert Essence - desert essence castile liquid soap

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by boycharming

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am mighty pleased with this product & I have my reasons for it. Even a casual browsing session will let you the extent of harm a detergent/chemical based soap can cause you. Personally, it still shocks/astounds me that there are people out there who actually purchase products(especially toiletries & cosmetics that are absorbed directly by skin, the largest organ of human body) based on smell, colour, flavour, texture, friend's choice, etc.!! I am not bothered by smell as much as I am bothered by what those sweet-smelling ingredients can unleash on the human body.
This castile soap has the safest ranking on ewg site, even safer than Dr. Bronner's castile soap that uses hemp in it's formulations. It is mild yet cleans & disinfects very well and can be used safely for multiple cleaning purposes. I am a happy customer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by nhirohas

I love this soap. I use this mainly as a hand soap, but some times use as a dishing soap, body, even as a facial. On a regular basis, I use Desert Essence facial cleanser with tea tree oil, which I also love, but when I'm out of my regular facial cleanser or my face feels greasier than usual, I use this soap on my face.

This soap has been very effective when I had an insect bites or was exposed to poison ivy oil. Washing the affected area thoroughly with this soap, followed by a treatment with a cotton ball with diluted tea tree essencial oil, relieves itchy feeling right away and definitely helps healing process quicker.

It foams very well in a foaming dispenser, but it clogs easily if you don't use the dispenser for a while. Some people may not like the smell of this soap but I don't mind it at all. To me it's refreshing and invigorating.

I have been replaced cleansers/soaps contain a lot of harmful chemicals with the products contain tea tree oil or other natural antiseptic ingredients around the house. I'm very please with this soap and will continue using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by GingerLemon

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I use liquid castile soap for everything, dishes, counters, clothes, hair, skin and cleaning combs and brushes.
If you get unscented you can add your own essential oils--peppermint, orange, lemon, rosemary--any kind you like.
I swear by this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by laurentothemax

I'm slightly fickle about this product. I've yet to find a Desert Essence product that I really don't like, this being among them. I love the simple and natural ingredients, its gentleness on the skin, and its reasonable price. I was thrilled to see that the 8oz bottle comes with a pump unlike Dr. Bronner's. The main issue that keeps this product from being perfect across the board is its the lack of any real kind of fragrance. It just kind of bores me a little bit in the shower. This product has since been moved to the position of hand soap instead of body soap. I will probably use it on my body again if I ever need something really gentle. Still, I would highly recommended this product; especially if you are looking for an exceptionally mild, nearly fragrance free, all natural body wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2007 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Nolita78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm currently using this liquid soap, and I am in love with it. It has, among its ingredients, tea tree oil and olive oil! Two of my most favorite things, all in one product. The tea-tree scent is beautifully delicate, and your skin would feel so soft after shower.. And I also agree with the previous reviewer in that you get a good foamy lather with this soap. You could buy the small 8 oz. bottle (with pump), or the big 32 oz. bottle (no pump, used to refill the small bottle). Ingredients: Potassium Solution (Castile Soap), Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Organic Tea Tree Oil. And yes, I would buy this product again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2007 4:17:00 PM More reviews by dragonballz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product as a shower gel replacement. The trick to using this is to NOT add more water to the mesh after you put the soap onto the wet mesh. This will give you a good foamy lather. I trust this product more than Dr. Bronners because it does not have hemp in it. Hemp is questionable according to the EWG. The only thing I would change is the packaging. I dont like unscrewing the cap so changing that would meet my needs better.