October 25, 2014 | 1733 users online

Conditioner - Millcreek Jojoba Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I buy this along with the shampoo all the time. I've used all kinds of brands in the past and while this doesn't do anything special I like it a lot. It is healthier and lasts a long time for me. It has a nice thick consistency and it comparable to Biolage Conditioning Balm, but a little thinner. It doesn't have that slimy, slick feel that lots of conditioners have, which I don't mind. I find that when I use other commercial brands, after using this brand, that the they feel slimy, almost waxy in comparison. I would imagine it must be silicones in the commercial brands that I'm feeling. I'm not weird about silicones, but after getting used to this conditioner I don't care for that feeling. I feel like it takes longer to wash my hair out because I want to get rid of that sliminess.

I think these shampoos have been reformulated over the years because they tote that they: Do Not Contain:

PARABENS, SLS/SLES, ARTIFICIAL COLORS, GLUTEN,PROPYLENE GLYCOL.

I've seen some reviews that complain that these aren't very natural because they contain these things. So like I said I think they have been made a little more "natural".

For myself I like this conditioner a lot. I use it only on my ends and do not apply it to my roots. My sister told me her stylist told her to shampoo all her hair and then apply conditioner only to the ends of her hair. My sister and I usually suffer from greasy roots and dry ends, but using this brand and the aforementioned technique I have noticed an improvement in the condition of my hair. It looks more balanced and just overall a better version of my natural hair.

Give this a try if you are looking for something more natural or just want a nicer version of your natural hair. This isn't going to make your hair something it not, but it just might help you get a better version of your natural self. I like that! :)

Ingredients:

deionized water, jojoba oil, panthenol (provitamin B5), hydrolyzed keratin, allantoin, niacin, retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), stearalkonium chloride (fiber base content), beet extract, barley extract, cetyl alcohol, folic acid, citric acid, octyl dimethyl PABA, corn oil, disodium EDTA, *organic aloe vera gel, organic essential oil, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, botanical fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2007 8:38:00 AM More reviews by renee1100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got this at the health food store. No silicones, so this took awhile to get used to. Does not detangle hair, but otherwise I thoroughly liked everything else about it. I have dry hair....I train horses and I'm in the sun all of the time. My hair is pretty parched. I used up both bottles of the shampoo/conditioner and will buy more. Since I have run out, I have pulled stuff out from under the cabinet to use that has silicones so I guess I will have to go thru that crappy "taking my hair off silicone phase" that I went through. Maybe I should stock up so that doesn't happen again!