April 20, 2014 | 948 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil with Aloe Vera & Vitamin E

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by picklegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review specifically addresses using this product for mineral oil cleansing.

I have had great success with using regular baby oil (pink cap) for cleansing my face, but this version gave me several cystic pimples. My facial skin is sensitive to Vitamin E and there is enough of it in this product to break me out, even after wiping off with a wet washcloth and using a foaming face wash. The texture is slippery and thin compared to regular baby oil, which I liked, and the fragrance is not as strong. If you don't have a sensitivity to aloe or Vitamin E, I would recommend trying this out, but be forewarned that these ingredients do not necessarily make this product gentler or better for your skin compared to plain mineral oil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by postmoderngirl

As much as I like this stuff l, when I run out I probably won't repurchase because I know mineral oil isn't that good for you. I'll continue using olive oil in its place. This stuff is great to use on wet skin out of the shower - it locks the moisture in and makes your skin really soft. I like the smell too. I tried using this in my hair once (I was curious) worst idea ever haha! Don't do it. Great body moisturizer but I wouldn't repurchase.

EDIT - I forgot to add (as this doesn't happen every time) that this gives me lots of tiny little red bumps / spots all over my arms & thighs when I use it as a body moisturizer. They don't hurt or anything, it just looks like an allergic reaction.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by meligonlan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best moisturizer out there. It smells and feels so heavenly. My body looks so silky and smooth. I can't live without it. Cheap and beats any high brand out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by CristabelJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this to replace my Vaseline Cocoa Butter lotion since they changed the formula and needed something more nourishing and with a more pleasant scent. This is perfect! I applied it right after my bath and this made my skin SILKY SMOOTH! My skin has always been soft but this makes it so much more silky and radiant; the scent is very subtle and fresh, love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by swimmerkoki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this product. The smell is heavenly reminding me im still a child inside. I use this right after i come out of the shower and again in the morning right before i put on my perfume (the scent lasts longer on mosturized skin). I've heard that you can use this as a face cleanser but I'm still too scared to try but maybe. i would for sure buy this again and i DO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just to be clear-my "baby" is 24 years old lol. I use this product for me. This is the absolute best thing for removing makeup! A large bottle is only somewhere in the $3-$4 range. This leaves every single "makeup remover" product I have tried (and none of which were cheap I might add!)...in the dust. Period. Added vitamin E and aloe are also good for your skin. I occasionally use very lightly all over at the end of my shower then towel dry as normal-my dry skin thanks me. If it's good and gentle enough for babies-good enough for me.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by sherrybird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this to take off waterproof mascara and it works better than makeup remover, even the expensive high-end ones. And this is so cheap! And it has aloe vera and vitamin E which is good for the skin. I love how the bottle has the stopper thing and only a bit comes out at a time. I'll definitely keep buying this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has been my preferred body moisturiser since, I don't know, 2000? I have tried other moisturisers, but I'm too lazy to really work a cream into my skin. This stuff is SO easy to use, super quick and extremely effective.

The way to use this as a body moisturiser is to rub a little oil all over your body WHEN YOU ARE STILL WET after showering. It truly does lock in moisture. Just quickly spread it all over, towel off (don't worry, your towel won't get greasy) and you are good to go.

I get complimented on my soft skin all the time (well, whenever people happen to touch me anyway), it has been called ' soft as a baby's bottom' on occasion :) and I really don't use anything else.

I tried this trick with other oils as well, mainly because I wanted to jump on the 'no parrafin' bandwagon, but hey, if it works it works right? It's cheap and keeps my skin in great condition.

(Oh yeah, I tried this in the Lavender scent once but I gave it away because I really didn't like the smell. This one is much nicer, for me anyway.)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by emeraldlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I use this as my eye make-up remover and I'm satisfied. Works really great in removing my eye make-up but I have to wash my face right after as I don't like my lids or face looking super oily. I like the scent and a bottle goes a long way. How could I not purchase this again - it's effective, economical, really cheap and this also has a variety of other uses. I love this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by channingto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I have been using this as my makeup remover for the last 2 years and I haven't hit halfway. I'm not sparing with this either, maybe because it's so cheap and comes in such a big size.. I usually remove my makeup in the shower, so I pour some in my fingers and rub it over my eyes to get out my waterproof mascara.. It works wonders and gets everything out and I'm sure it's good for my lashes, being baby oil and all. Will definitely try this on my skin this winter and will update this.. But either way, 5 lippies because it's the best and cheapest makeup remover ever!