Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil with Aloe Vera & Vitamin E

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

Ingredients: paraffinum liquidum, isopropyl palmitate, aloe barbadensis, tocopheryl acetate (Vit. E), parfum.

on 4/9/2015 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Staple. I use to use this all the time in high school - on my body and face. I had lovely skin - so smooth and soft. I veered away because of all the claims that mineral oil is bad for your skin. I should have stuck with what works and not listened! In my 30's now and just picked up a bottle. This winter was so harsh on my skin. Never in my life had I been classified as having dry skin until the frigid temperatures dropped outside sucked all the moisture out of my skin. Compound that with the drying effects of indoor heating... my skin could not adjust and whatever I was using (expensive department store brands!) just was not cutting it. My skin was cracked, bleeding, and awful.

Back to basics! Incorporating this into my beauty routine is an oldie but goodie. Locks in the moisture after a bath. Can be used to remove makeup. I even add it to some creams to thin them out a bit or add some extra hydration. I don't think I have used this particular one with added aloe and vitamin e - but it seems to smell the same and work just as well as the classic one with the pink cap. This is so versatile and cheap. Why did I abandon you? Never again! Love, love, love.

My skin has never looked so good since I switched back to some simple drugstore classics. I use cold cream to cleanse (Jergens/Noxzema/Ponds). A vitamin e cream (Fruit of the Earth). The high end products that I can't live without are the Tonique Confort by Lancome (toner) and the Advanced Night Repair by Estee Lauder. I use the baby oil to take off eye makeup and a pre-cleanse. Then go back and use the cold cream. What wrinkles? Grandmas all over the world - I salute you for your knowledge of what worked and forgot the hype of the rest! I'll probably never go back to paying $100 plus for a tiny jar of face cream again!

on 1/21/2015 11:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my HG body oil and moisturizer. I absolutely adore this product!
The texture is quite thick, however it's pretty easy to massage into skin. Especially when I use it directly after the shower when my skin is still a bit damp. It's incredibly hydrating and makes my skin oh-so-soft. It has a very light scent to it that I like. It's not an overwhelming scent, it fades quickly. The cap/opening is on the bottom of the bottle which is great, since it makes the product come out easier. The price is really good for such a fantastic product.
Definitely recommend.

on 9/28/2014 3:08:00 PM

I bought the Target brand of this and it is great! Twice the size for the same price, same ingredients, just an fyi! However this product is incredible! It's great for removing eye makeup using a cotton pad, and I rub just a tiny bit into my face after cleansing instead of a moisturizer. It's less oily, less heavy, and wayy cheaper than my Aveeno moisturizer, and I've found that my face and skin are softer after using it. Love love love this product!

on 8/31/2014 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love this for taking off waterproof mascara and as a body moisturizer. It's slightly cheaper than my regular Ponds cold cream and a little goes a looooong way at removing every trace of makeup. It also leaves my eye area super moist and happy afterwards, which is nice! I use this in conjunction with MAC Cleanse-off Oil in the summertime, as the Ponds or MAC don't hold a candle to the mascara-destorying powers of this stuff.

I used it for a few months as my regular oil cleanser but I went back to cold cream and emulsifying oil, as it's a little messy in the shower and even with the aloe+vitamin E it can be a little too drying for me in winter unless my skin is already super-hydrated. I do still recommend it for oil cleansing though as it smells heavenly, which for me beats olive oil (ugh salad face, vomittt) and it's liquid at room temperature, which is cleaner than coconut oil in winter (ugh digging my fingers into a jar of solid coconut oil, vomittt). So definitely worth a try if you're oil shopping. I may still go back to it, who knows? All in all, a simple and worthwhile bathroom staple.

on 8/28/2014 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I wanted to try this one with the aloe and vit e but my face and vit e do not get along for some reason. No matter what vit e always causes breakouts on my skin. I use this one to cleanse my brushes and sometimes to shave but I find it makes my shower slippery so I am not a fan of doing but I do like how soft it makes my skin.

on 8/14/2014 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been using this on and off for a couple years now and have to say that I much prefer the way this makes my skin feel than when using lotion. Lotion seems to always make me feel a bit sticky and like I have something "on" my skin where as the Johnson baby oil just softens my skin and makes it smell really nice as well. The only downside for me is that sometimes it can be a little messy, but usually it is fine and I just use it straight out of the bottle right after the shower. It blends nicely when you have a little water on your skin and you also don't have to use much. I tried to use it in a spray bottle mixed with water and unfortunately for me, that always left a residue around my bathroom floor, so I went back to just using it straight up and it is much easier/low maintenance for me. This is a product that I think I'll always have in my bathroom and it's a great price for the value it provides.

on 10/2/2013 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This review specifically addresses using this product for mineral oil cleansing.

I have had great success with using regular baby oil (pink cap) for cleansing my face, but this version gave me several cystic pimples. My facial skin is sensitive to Vitamin E and there is enough of it in this product to break me out, even after wiping off with a wet washcloth and using a foaming face wash. The texture is slippery and thin compared to regular baby oil, which I liked, and the fragrance is not as strong. If you don't have a sensitivity to aloe or Vitamin E, I would recommend trying this out, but be forewarned that these ingredients do not necessarily make this product gentler or better for your skin compared to plain mineral oil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

As much as I like this stuff l, when I run out I probably won't repurchase because I know mineral oil isn't that good for you. I'll continue using olive oil in its place. This stuff is great to use on wet skin out of the shower - it locks the moisture in and makes your skin really soft. I like the smell too. I tried using this in my hair once (I was curious) worst idea ever haha! Don't do it. Great body moisturizer but I wouldn't repurchase.

EDIT - I forgot to add (as this doesn't happen every time) that this gives me lots of tiny little red bumps / spots all over my arms & thighs when I use it as a body moisturizer. They don't hurt or anything, it just looks like an allergic reaction.

on 2/26/2013 9:21:00 AM

This is the best moisturizer out there. It smells and feels so heavenly. My body looks so silky and smooth. I can't live without it. Cheap and beats any high brand out there.

on 8/2/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this to replace my Vaseline Cocoa Butter lotion since they changed the formula and needed something more nourishing and with a more pleasant scent. This is perfect! I applied it right after my bath and this made my skin SILKY SMOOTH! My skin has always been soft but this makes it so much more silky and radiant; the scent is very subtle and fresh, love it!

Popular Body Skincare Products