September 2, 2014 | 1790 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil with Aloe Vera & Vitamin E

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love this for taking off waterproof mascara and as a body moisturizer. It's slightly cheaper than my regular Ponds cold cream and a little goes a looooong way at removing every trace of makeup. It also leaves my eye area super moist and happy afterwards, which is nice! I use this in conjunction with MAC Cleanse-off Oil in the summertime, as the Ponds or MAC don't hold a candle to the mascara-destorying powers of this stuff.

I used it for a few months as my regular oil cleanser but I went back to cold cream and emulsifying oil, as it's a little messy in the shower and even with the aloe+vitamin E it can be a little too drying for me in winter unless my skin is already super-hydrated. I do still recommend it for oil cleansing though as it smells heavenly, which for me beats olive oil (ugh salad face, vomittt) and it's liquid at room temperature, which is cleaner than coconut oil in winter (ugh digging my fingers into a jar of solid coconut oil, vomittt). So definitely worth a try if you're oil shopping. I may still go back to it, who knows? All in all, a simple and worthwhile bathroom staple.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

I wanted to try this one with the aloe and vit e but my face and vit e do not get along for some reason. No matter what vit e always causes breakouts on my skin. I use this one to cleanse my brushes and sometimes to shave but I find it makes my shower slippery so I am not a fan of doing but I do like how soft it makes my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Memmert

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this on and off for a couple years now and have to say that I much prefer the way this makes my skin feel than when using lotion. Lotion seems to always make me feel a bit sticky and like I have something "on" my skin where as the Johnson baby oil just softens my skin and makes it smell really nice as well. The only downside for me is that sometimes it can be a little messy, but usually it is fine and I just use it straight out of the bottle right after the shower. It blends nicely when you have a little water on your skin and you also don't have to use much. I tried to use it in a spray bottle mixed with water and unfortunately for me, that always left a residue around my bathroom floor, so I went back to just using it straight up and it is much easier/low maintenance for me. This is a product that I think I'll always have in my bathroom and it's a great price for the value it provides.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by attarius

I've only used this for a short amount of time, but really it only takes a few uses to figure how it will affect your skin. I have sensitive and acne-prone skin, but considering nothing in this product is pore-clogging (mineral oil doesn't clog pores. This is because it's molecular size is too large to penetrate the skin, and it does not solidify) the concern would be irritation because of the fragrance. My skin does not burn, turn red, or itch when I use this product. You get so much product for the price (3.99 for me) and a little goes a long way. It has a dry finish yet leaves a satin look and feeling behind. It also smells wondeful, not over-powering at all. I use it as an all-makeup remover and face/body moisturizer. I will update later incase anything unexpected happens!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by picklegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review specifically addresses using this product for mineral oil cleansing.

I have had great success with using regular baby oil (pink cap) for cleansing my face, but this version gave me several cystic pimples. My facial skin is sensitive to Vitamin E and there is enough of it in this product to break me out, even after wiping off with a wet washcloth and using a foaming face wash. The texture is slippery and thin compared to regular baby oil, which I liked, and the fragrance is not as strong. If you don't have a sensitivity to aloe or Vitamin E, I would recommend trying this out, but be forewarned that these ingredients do not necessarily make this product gentler or better for your skin compared to plain mineral oil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by postmoderngirl

As much as I like this stuff l, when I run out I probably won't repurchase because I know mineral oil isn't that good for you. I'll continue using olive oil in its place. This stuff is great to use on wet skin out of the shower - it locks the moisture in and makes your skin really soft. I like the smell too. I tried using this in my hair once (I was curious) worst idea ever haha! Don't do it. Great body moisturizer but I wouldn't repurchase.

EDIT - I forgot to add (as this doesn't happen every time) that this gives me lots of tiny little red bumps / spots all over my arms & thighs when I use it as a body moisturizer. They don't hurt or anything, it just looks like an allergic reaction.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by meligonlan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best moisturizer out there. It smells and feels so heavenly. My body looks so silky and smooth. I can't live without it. Cheap and beats any high brand out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by CristabelJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this to replace my Vaseline Cocoa Butter lotion since they changed the formula and needed something more nourishing and with a more pleasant scent. This is perfect! I applied it right after my bath and this made my skin SILKY SMOOTH! My skin has always been soft but this makes it so much more silky and radiant; the scent is very subtle and fresh, love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by swimmerkoki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this product. The smell is heavenly reminding me im still a child inside. I use this right after i come out of the shower and again in the morning right before i put on my perfume (the scent lasts longer on mosturized skin). I've heard that you can use this as a face cleanser but I'm still too scared to try but maybe. i would for sure buy this again and i DO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just to be clear-my "baby" is 24 years old lol. I use this product for me. This is the absolute best thing for removing makeup! A large bottle is only somewhere in the $3-$4 range. This leaves every single "makeup remover" product I have tried (and none of which were cheap I might add!)...in the dust. Period. Added vitamin E and aloe are also good for your skin. I occasionally use very lightly all over at the end of my shower then towel dry as normal-my dry skin thanks me. If it's good and gentle enough for babies-good enough for me.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No