October 1, 2014 | 1763 users online

Eyeliner - Shiseido - The Makeup Accentuating Creme Eyeliner Pot w/ Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by oniondip

I'm reviewing this under the color Brown. Even though I have black eyes/black hair, I find that it's a great eyeliner for a subtle every day look. I prefer it over my black gel liner (not Shiseido). Although it's brown, it's actually still fairly dark, so I'd describe it as a darker brown.

It is VERY creamy and it is very easy to make a nice, clean line. I apply it with a MAC 208 instead of the free brush it comes with. The brush is actually very nice given that it's "free" but I would still encourage buying a real gel liner brush.

It's my daily eyeliner, not for days when I want to make a real statement on my eyes.

The most impressive part of it is how long it lasts in the pot. I've had this eyeliner for years and 1) I don't need much whatsoever to apply on my eyes and 2) it hasn't dried out in the least, and I don't necessarily take care of it very well. I don't tighten it with much effort and I don't do any "tricks to make my gel liner creamy" or anything like that.

While it's expensive right off the bat, it outlasts all my eyeliner I've bought since I've gotten it.

On the eyes, I wear it with primer. WIth oily lids, it lasts. It will smudge if you rub your eyes and may rub off when crying. I've showered with it and it stays on, but would not recommend for going to water parks.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by mariangelin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so disappointed with this eyeliner which I have in black shade.I can't use it for cat-eye because it smudges!! And generally I wouldn't recommend creamy eyeliners to anyone who want to create a classic cat eye look, because those kind of formulas tend to smudge, NOW that I spent 36 euros to this I have realised it ! Of course, this doesn't change my opinion that shiseido is one of my favourite brands.

If you're searching for an intense black eyeliner, that is easy to use and it doesn't smudge or crease I definitely recommend shocking eyeliner pen by YSL!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a pretty big Shiseido fan, but was pretty disappointed with this product. While it isn't dry, the texture could be a lot more smooth and creamier, and the brush that comes with the eyeliner is rubbish. Lasting power isn't too great and smudges at the corners of my eyes. This is easily remedied with this eyeliner coat which I use, but ideally I shouldn't have to use it. Pigmentation is great and the liner can easily be smudged and altered before it sets. One thing this product has going for it, is that the actual product lasts forever! It never seems to dry out, which is great for a cream/gel liner. This product is not horrible, it's just not worth the price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:12:00 AM More reviews by doristam

I'm never going back to regular pencil eyeliners again! This is my first cream liner; I used to use liquid liner before this product and I'm very happy I switched on a whim. I'm not sure why the other reviewers say the pot is dry but I've been using my pot for the last six months and it's still creamy and easy to use. This stuff lasts forever, I use it every day. The liner glides on smoothly and dries well. It's waterproof and has never smudged. It gives a great, professional look to your daytime makeup. The only negative is the free brush - After a few months some hairs on the brush frayed and I can't bend it back even though I always put the cap back on. I will have to buy a real liner brush now.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by faune

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was disappointed by this, I found it really difficult to use as it was so dry. The packaging was really nice and the little brush very handy but the texture was just terrible, really difficult to work with, it was cakey and sort of stuck to itself making an even application impossible. I have since tried cheaper drugstore versions with which I have had much better experiences. So I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have this in black. Hm. I have three other cream eyeliners and although this one was more expensive than the rest of them combined I think I like it the least. Some people might like this but the fact that it's so dry really annoys me..I have to swirl the brush in the pot for a few seconds to ''soak'' it in the product. I find myself using it a lot more in the summer because the hot weather makes it creamier. The staying power seems ok but I don't usually have problems with that. The black is a true black color, not a graysih black like with some others. I really like the container, it's easy to carry around and seems like it could handle a rough trip in the suitcase. You also get a brush that is ok but at the same time not much better than the one you get with the e.l.f. cream eyeliner. It's ok if you don't mind the dryness, otherewise buy something else. I'm glad I got it when it was on sale and no, I would not repurchase. It might be a great product for people who have problems with products not lasting on them but it's just not for me.
The good thing about it is that it doesn't get stuck to your contact lense.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 9:21:00 AM More reviews by gorki

This is my favorite eyeliner ever! I've had mine (in black) for three years now, and I finally decided to throw it away, because it's getting dry. However, it lasted me a really long time, especially considering I use it almost every day. It is amazing: very easy to apply, doesn't smudge or flake, stays forever on the waterline as well as on the lid, it is great! I am going to purchase it again, and I'm thinking about getting the brown one as well. I was going to try the bobbi brown one, but, just like the mac fluidlines, I heard they dry out in about 6 months, and that does not compare to the three years my shiseido last me, so it's a no brainer!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by usernameusername

This is the first cream eyeliner I've used and as someone who wears black eyeliner every day, I can't believe I didn't try this out sooner!
The packaging is very minimal which is great. The product itself is high quality, of course. The key to avoiding picking up too much product which results in clumps and uneven applicable is to just take your time and you will be able to created a very fine cat's eye, too if you want.
This is fairly waterproof - one day I walked home with snow falling in my face and I still looked ok when I got inside. No smudging or smearing.
I wish it were a bit cheaper of course but since it's great quality I will happily buy it again - whenever that is. This stuff is going to last me forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by estel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first cream eyeliner I've tried; I used to use a Revlon liquid. I initially found the consistency a fraction dry, but now that I'm used to it, it's not a problem. I use it to line and tightline my upper lashes.

I like the brush, it's very easy to use. The first few times I used it, I found lots of clumps and lumps would form on the brush and ruin the line, but that is really just a technique thing. Nowadays I have no issue. However, I still find it really difficult to draw a "wing" using the brush (it's hard to get a fine point).

This liner doesn't smudge or fade for me - yet, it's really easy to remove with a touch of eye makeup remover.

The packaging is fine - I imagine that when I reach the bottom of the pot, the brush will enable me to get the last little bits.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2010 4:29:00 AM More reviews by obabydollc

i would love this cream liner if it didn't peel off once i tried to curl my lashes. Its only when im in a hurry and dont let it dry completely but it takes to loong. the reason i would buy again and don so many time is because when i go clubbing this liner wont smear at all my boyfriend sweats aloot so i would know