Dior DiorSkin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup SPF

3.8

Aqua (water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol, Isododecane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, Parfum (Fragrance), Tetrasodium Edta, Propylene Carbonate, Linalool, Dimethicone, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Methylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben. ( /-: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492-CI 77491-CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 4/16/2015 8:27:00 PM

Love this foundation.

❤ Pro's ❤

The coverage is good, I get a mid-high coverage with one beauty blender application.

Semi-mat describes it very well. The finish is not satin or shiny, its a SOFT matte.

It does dry completely, but is still easy to touch up and layer throughout the day.

Its great for oily skin and people with bigger pores.

Never heard of anyone who broke out from using it.

Does not settle into fine lines or pores (I find this to be the greatest thing about all of Dior's foundations)

❤ Con's ❤

On yellow based skintones this foundation rarely looks good. The shades are all pink based, and even those they claim are yellow based come off as slightly pinkish when they dry.

Its a semi-MAT foundation, so definitely NOT for drier skintones or those who prefer a satin finish.

It dries to a darker shade, so if you try it on at the store be sure to wait a few minutes until it oxidises and settles.

Its does not come in that many shades, I use their lightest shade in 010 and have to wear another foundation which is one shade lighter at the edge of my neck to avoid the dreaded line.

Verdict:

This is not utter perfection, but its still my go-to foundation. It never lets me down, and I always feel and look good with it on - it is also easy to apply and touch up throughout the day.

I used to buy Estee Lauder Double wear - which outlasts anything else out there, but I felt it was impossible to touch up during the day which is a big thing for me. With DW I had to remove it completely and then re-apply, which has a hazzle and impossible at work.

Dior Forever lasts about 5-6 hours in 15-20 degree Celsius weather before I need a touch up, which is pretty decent for a foundation, and especially one you can reapply and touch up so easily.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

To make a long story short, I am on my fourth bottle of this.

I have been on a foundation search for the last 10 years. I always needed foundation before I go outside because I have horrible acne and acne scars. You could call it self-esteem issue, but whatever it is, I have used foundations of pretty much high and low. My criteria for foundation are these:

1) one that has coverage enough to cover all my acne scars and redness (I have a serious red nose).
2) one that doesn't look cakey despite the coverage

And obviously, looking at the rating, this meets all those criteria.

My color for this foundation used to be 040/041, but now I use 030/031 (I got lighter over time - yay sunscreen) I think it works well with fingers, but I tend to use it with a beauty blender if I want the full effect - I think it works better than brushes. I always wished though that this foundation was a tad more moisturizing, so I use two pumps of this and mix it with two drops of Fresh's seaberry oil on my hands before dotting it on my face and blending it with a beauty blender (if I was using my fingers, it would just be one pump and one drop, but the beauty blender does soak up some product) So I took off one lippie for that.

It does have a matte finish (and a truly flawless, matte finish when used with MUFE HD powder) just FYI and even though it has SPF, it photographs beautifully.

on 2/9/2015 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I can't say anything about how the foundation performs because the lightest shade isn't light enough for my skin, I'm a 20 in makeup forever mat velvet foundation.

on 2/7/2015 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I always check makeupalley before buying a product but this is the first time i have wrote a review. I had to tell you all just how brilliant this foundation is!!!

My skin is seriously oily, Iv tried many foundations and this one is the best!!! I put it to the ultimate test at the weekend and wore it to a yacht party, it was HOT and I was sweating, this foundation did not budget or break down at all(its a miracle!!!) there was a little bit of shine( which after 4 hours in the boiling heat of Dubai I will forgive)

The coverage is perfect and makes your skin look naturally flawless. It is buildable and does not look cakey.

I LOVE it!!!

on 1/6/2015 3:47:00 PM

Great foundation in terms of:
long-lasting, good texture when wearing, not too oily after wearing for about half a day.

Bad:
breaks me out sooo bad, and I break out with no foundations. I've worn all kinds too. it kind of accentuates any imperfrections. the color match is not too good - my skin is pretty neutral so i always start there. I got light beige, and its more pink than anything.

I just wouldn't buy it again because of the way it looks and makes my skin feel. But it is long lasting, perhaps it won't break you out and will react/look differently with your skin.

on 1/5/2015 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

my HG. the only foundation that doesn't make my finicky skin break out. it looks so natural and smooth. best compliment, from my EXTREMELY HONEST best friend (who's blessed with a perfect complexion): "i want your foundation. i can never tell when you're wearing foundation."

another reason i love this - i can apply it blindly and sloppily like lotion and i'm fine. i HATE doing anything without a mirror but this, with this i am confident that it can safely be applied in the dark. smooth like butta.

take the time and get your color right. in summer i'm 032, in winter i'm 022. like you care. whatever, go get a sample and try it!

on 12/22/2014 6:25:00 PM

Love it. So worth a try. Really. Hope you enjoy it as well.

on 12/22/2014 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

New holy grail!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I like Dior's Capture Totale, and DiorSkin Eclat Satin fdtn, but couldn't find a good color match. Shade either too light, or too dark.

In DiorSkin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup, found a decent color match~Cameo 022. It's slightly too light, but not as noticeable as the other Dior fdtns mentioned above.

Provides medium to full coverage without looking cakey and mask-like. Evens skin tone, and doesn't settle into fine lines. Finish is semi-matte.

Within an hour of applying fdtn, my face felt so dry and taut. It became more uncomfortable by the minute. Washed my face to remove fdtn. No way could I have worn this all day.

Looked the fdtn up online, and that's when I discovered it contains a high amount of alcohol.

Copied and pasted the second paragraph of a review for DiorSkin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup by Paula Beguon. This is what she has to say on her website: With all this praise, why didnít this fantastic foundation get a higher rating? Alcohol. This skin irritant is the third ingredient, so itís present in an amount that has the potential to cause irritation that hurts skinís ability to heal and produce healthy collagen. Adding to this issue is that this foundation is also very fragrant, and fragrance isnít skin care.

Dior ruined a good fdtn with the alcohol content.

on 11/16/2014 9:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

A year ago my Revlon Colorstay just didnt look good any more and I began to search for a longwear foundation that would make my 55 year old skin look pretty. This does. I am nw20 and peach 23 works well. 22 cameo is beautiful for deep winter when any remnants of a tan are gone. This foundation glides on smoothly with a Real Techniques blending brush, and dries quickly to a light satin finish. Its not matte, just a light satin. I find it truly natural, but much better. For my crepey eyes I blend in something kind to wrinkles like chanel vitalumiere or mac mineralize, just a dab of either. I powder the t zone very lightly with mufe powder and i currently use Smashbox primer. I need to nose blot after 6 hrs, overall I get a good 10 hours easily. The downside, its pricey, but i do feel foundation is where i want to splurge, and i think this is a really good one. I would say its really pretty, light, long lasting, quite natural. Hope you enjoy it too.