Dior DiorSkin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup SPF

3.8

Aqua (water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol, Isododecane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, Parfum (Fragrance), Tetrasodium Edta, Propylene Carbonate, Linalool, Dimethicone, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Methylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben. ( /-: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492-CI 77491-CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 5/3/2015 4:48:00 PM

Great, just great! It easy to spread and homogenous, it covers imperfections, small scars and red spots. It lasts very long, almost all day. It doesn't make the skin too oily, even for me (I have tendency to oily skin). Absolutely worths the price.

on 4/25/2015 5:44:00 AM

This is a very nice full coverage foundation that goes on like a dream. I use my fingers to blend and then use a brush to even out the coverage. It hides any redness and doesn't sink into fine lines. It lasts all day with nary a touchup. I do use loose powder to set it and then I use NYX dewy makeup setting spray to impart a nice glow. Without the setting spray the finish is matte but not flat. It's definitely worth the price. For a long wearing makeup, it's unique: it doesn't look like a mask even though the finish is matte. I really like it and have used nothing else that's quite as good. I give it my highest rating and would definitely repurchase.

on 4/16/2015 8:27:00 PM

Love this foundation.

❤ Pro's ❤

The coverage is good, I get a mid-high coverage with one beauty blender application.

Semi-mat describes it very well. The finish is not satin or shiny, its a SOFT matte.

It does dry completely, but is still easy to touch up and layer throughout the day.

Its great for oily skin and people with bigger pores.

Never heard of anyone who broke out from using it.

Does not settle into fine lines or pores (I find this to be the greatest thing about all of Dior's foundations)

❤ Con's ❤

On yellow based skintones this foundation rarely looks good. The shades are all pink based, and even those they claim are yellow based come off as slightly pinkish when they dry.

Its a semi-MAT foundation, so definitely NOT for drier skintones or those who prefer a satin finish.

It dries to a darker shade, so if you try it on at the store be sure to wait a few minutes until it oxidises and settles.

Its does not come in that many shades, I use their lightest shade in 010 and have to wear another foundation which is one shade lighter at the edge of my neck to avoid the dreaded line.

Verdict:

This is not utter perfection, but its still my go-to foundation. It never lets me down, and I always feel and look good with it on - it is also easy to apply and touch up throughout the day.

I used to buy Estee Lauder Double wear - which outlasts anything else out there, but I felt it was impossible to touch up during the day which is a big thing for me. With DW I had to remove it completely and then re-apply, which has a hazzle and impossible at work.

Dior Forever lasts about 5-6 hours in 15-20 degree Celsius weather before I need a touch up, which is pretty decent for a foundation, and especially one you can reapply and touch up so easily.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

To make a long story short, I am on my fourth bottle of this.

I have been on a foundation search for the last 10 years. I always needed foundation before I go outside because I have horrible acne and acne scars. You could call it self-esteem issue, but whatever it is, I have used foundations of pretty much high and low. My criteria for foundation are these:

1) one that has coverage enough to cover all my acne scars and redness (I have a serious red nose).
2) one that doesn't look cakey despite the coverage

And obviously, looking at the rating, this meets all those criteria.

My color for this foundation used to be 040/041, but now I use 030/031 (I got lighter over time - yay sunscreen) I think it works well with fingers, but I tend to use it with a beauty blender if I want the full effect - I think it works better than brushes. I always wished though that this foundation was a tad more moisturizing, so I use two pumps of this and mix it with two drops of Fresh's seaberry oil on my hands before dotting it on my face and blending it with a beauty blender (if I was using my fingers, it would just be one pump and one drop, but the beauty blender does soak up some product) So I took off one lippie for that.

It does have a matte finish (and a truly flawless, matte finish when used with MUFE HD powder) just FYI and even though it has SPF, it photographs beautifully.

on 2/9/2015 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I can't say anything about how the foundation performs because the lightest shade isn't light enough for my skin, I'm a 20 in makeup forever mat velvet foundation.

on 2/7/2015 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I always check makeupalley before buying a product but this is the first time i have wrote a review. I had to tell you all just how brilliant this foundation is!!!

My skin is seriously oily, Iv tried many foundations and this one is the best!!! I put it to the ultimate test at the weekend and wore it to a yacht party, it was HOT and I was sweating, this foundation did not budget or break down at all(its a miracle!!!) there was a little bit of shine( which after 4 hours in the boiling heat of Dubai I will forgive)

The coverage is perfect and makes your skin look naturally flawless. It is buildable and does not look cakey.

I LOVE it!!!

on 1/6/2015 3:47:00 PM

Great foundation in terms of:
long-lasting, good texture when wearing, not too oily after wearing for about half a day.

Bad:
breaks me out sooo bad, and I break out with no foundations. I've worn all kinds too. it kind of accentuates any imperfrections. the color match is not too good - my skin is pretty neutral so i always start there. I got light beige, and its more pink than anything.

I just wouldn't buy it again because of the way it looks and makes my skin feel. But it is long lasting, perhaps it won't break you out and will react/look differently with your skin.

on 1/5/2015 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

my HG. the only foundation that doesn't make my finicky skin break out. it looks so natural and smooth. best compliment, from my EXTREMELY HONEST best friend (who's blessed with a perfect complexion): "i want your foundation. i can never tell when you're wearing foundation."

another reason i love this - i can apply it blindly and sloppily like lotion and i'm fine. i HATE doing anything without a mirror but this, with this i am confident that it can safely be applied in the dark. smooth like butta.

take the time and get your color right. in summer i'm 032, in winter i'm 022. like you care. whatever, go get a sample and try it!

on 12/22/2014 6:25:00 PM

Love it. So worth a try. Really. Hope you enjoy it as well.

on 12/22/2014 6:09:00 PM