Dior DiorSkin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup SPF

3.8

Aqua (water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol, Isododecane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, Parfum (Fragrance), Tetrasodium Edta, Propylene Carbonate, Linalool, Dimethicone, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Methylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben. ( /-: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492-CI 77491-CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 8/28/2015 12:59:00 PM

I have an oily t zone and some dry patches around the chin area, acne scars, discolouration and life is hard. I've got a collection of drugstore and high end foundations I've spent a fortune on just trying to find the perfect finish, shade, longevity ect. So I went on a hunt, i decided on this one. I had shoppers optimum points so I got it. It's really good guys I'm not kidding. I used primer and loreal setting spray. Dewy but not at all oily after my 12hr shift. I set with powder and 020 is light on me but oxidizes very slightly and bronzed the sh out of perimeter of the face and I look pretty darn good may I say. Blush is still in tact it looks like satin I'm very happy today, finally after all these years. I don't wanna wash it off yet

on 8/15/2015 7:35:00 PM

Very impressed. Such a smooth appearance very much like my laura mercier flawless fluide except that feels lighter, this is more matte. It is not for people who like glowy skin. No glow here. Just looks like skin but without shine, very natural appearance. It doesn't accentuate dry patches considering it is a matte foundation I was very impressed with this. It's because like the flawless fluide its one of those matte finishes where if you touch your face its not powdery more like a gel foundation feeling; not tacky but not dry either. Its not cakey as such, although if you pile on too much it can become cakey or if you use the wrong kind of powder, very finely milled is ok. It was good at smoothing pores but the laura mercier was a bit better. They both last quite well although my face gets really oily regardless but it still doesn't look as bad as with other foundations. I have to say this foundation is such an easy foundation to refresh, if you blot it ends up looking just as amazing you don't even need to use a touch up powder.

The dior counter showed 3.5 squares out of 5 for full coverage. Dior skin star had 3. So it is not super full mac studiofix or EL DW coverage, but it is the higher end of medium.

Colour 11 cream good NC15 taking into account slight oxidation and it is definitely a foundation that oxidises (might be less so with drier skins).

on 8/10/2015 9:33:00 PM

As someone with an oily tzone and some rosacea on my cheeks, this product just didn't impress me. I always use a primer and setting powder but after just 2 hours my nose was really oily with this foundation, whereas when I use other long lasting foundation I can expect at least 4 hrs before this happens. Staying power wasn't as good as other foundations either. The coverage was quite a bit lighter than I would have liked, and found myself having to use concealer to hide the redness on my cheeks.
That being said, I did like the way it felt on my face, and it did leave a dewy glow. If you have normal skin and are looking for a light coverage, slightly dewy foundation, you might really like this. But sadly that's not me.

on 6/29/2015 1:20:00 PM

I was on the hunt for my HG foundation. For reference, I have dry/dehydrated skin with an oily t-zone in the summer. I tried both Nars foundations and they would both cling on to my dry patches and accentuate my fine lines. I sampled this one and could not believe how my skin looked! It evens out my skin tones, has a good enough coverage and I was able to find my perfect shade (021, I believe). I am not sure if I can call this my HG just yet but I certainly do love it so far.

on 5/26/2015 3:45:00 AM

My Holygrail foundation! I've been using this since I'm 18 years old and now that I'm 22, I never change my mind even for a bit. Even though the coverage is sheer to medium but you can always use concealer on top of it to give more cover up for any dark spot or pimple. It's very hydrating and never makes me looks cakey. Four thumbs up!!!

on 5/3/2015 4:48:00 PM

Great, just great! It easy to spread and homogenous, it covers imperfections, small scars and red spots. It lasts very long, almost all day. It doesn't make the skin too oily, even for me (I have tendency to oily skin). Absolutely worths the price.

on 4/25/2015 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a very nice full coverage foundation that goes on like a dream. I use my fingers to blend and then use a brush to even out the coverage. It hides any redness and doesn't sink into fine lines. It lasts all day with nary a touchup. I do use loose powder to set it and then I use NYX dewy makeup setting spray to impart a nice glow. Without the setting spray the finish is matte but not flat. It's definitely worth the price. For a long wearing makeup, it's unique: it doesn't look like a mask even though the finish is matte. I really like it and have used nothing else that's quite as good. I give it my highest rating and would definitely repurchase.

on 4/16/2015 8:27:00 PM

Love this foundation.

❤ Pro's ❤

The coverage is good, I get a mid-high coverage with one beauty blender application.

Semi-mat describes it very well. The finish is not satin or shiny, its a SOFT matte.

It does dry completely, but is still easy to touch up and layer throughout the day.

Its great for oily skin and people with bigger pores.

Never heard of anyone who broke out from using it.

Does not settle into fine lines or pores (I find this to be the greatest thing about all of Dior's foundations)

❤ Con's ❤

On yellow based skintones this foundation rarely looks good. The shades are all pink based, and even those they claim are yellow based come off as slightly pinkish when they dry.

Its a semi-MAT foundation, so definitely NOT for drier skintones or those who prefer a satin finish.

It dries to a darker shade, so if you try it on at the store be sure to wait a few minutes until it oxidises and settles.

Its does not come in that many shades, I use their lightest shade in 010 and have to wear another foundation which is one shade lighter at the edge of my neck to avoid the dreaded line.

Verdict:

This is not utter perfection, but its still my go-to foundation. It never lets me down, and I always feel and look good with it on - it is also easy to apply and touch up throughout the day.

I used to buy Estee Lauder Double wear - which outlasts anything else out there, but I felt it was impossible to touch up during the day which is a big thing for me. With DW I had to remove it completely and then re-apply, which has a hazzle and impossible at work.

Dior Forever lasts about 5-6 hours in 15-20 degree Celsius weather before I need a touch up, which is pretty decent for a foundation, and especially one you can reapply and touch up so easily.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

To make a long story short, I am on my fourth bottle of this.

I have been on a foundation search for the last 10 years. I always needed foundation before I go outside because I have horrible acne and acne scars. You could call it self-esteem issue, but whatever it is, I have used foundations of pretty much high and low. My criteria for foundation are these:

1) one that has coverage enough to cover all my acne scars and redness (I have a serious red nose).
2) one that doesn't look cakey despite the coverage

And obviously, looking at the rating, this meets all those criteria.

My color for this foundation used to be 040/041, but now I use 030/031 (I got lighter over time - yay sunscreen) I think it works well with fingers, but I tend to use it with a beauty blender if I want the full effect - I think it works better than brushes. I always wished though that this foundation was a tad more moisturizing, so I use two pumps of this and mix it with two drops of Fresh's seaberry oil on my hands before dotting it on my face and blending it with a beauty blender (if I was using my fingers, it would just be one pump and one drop, but the beauty blender does soak up some product) So I took off one lippie for that.

It does have a matte finish (and a truly flawless, matte finish when used with MUFE HD powder) just FYI and even though it has SPF, it photographs beautifully.

on 2/9/2015 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I can't say anything about how the foundation performs because the lightest shade isn't light enough for my skin, I'm a 20 in makeup forever mat velvet foundation.