April 19, 2014 | 869 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - DiorSkin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup SPF

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by RM077

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really disappointed with this foundation.

It does has a lovely, smooth texture and a little goes a long way. It feels really lightweight on the skin and I'd say gives you a medium coverage which looks natural but covers redness well. But I find it just doesn't stay on or wear well throughout the day. A friend even asked what foundation I was wearing as it looked 'patchy.' I was shocked when I looked in the mirror at work as it had separated on my forehead and looked horrible and uneven. I just wanted to wipe it off and start over.

I had the shade 021 Linen which was a good match for my skintone (around an NC25 in MAC.) I found a lot of the DIOR shades to be quite orange but 021 has nice golden undertones. Although I purchased this in the US and I don't think the shade is available in the UK.

It's a shame as the lasting power of this foundation really let it down for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by hannie11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is one of the best I've ever worn! I love it! I was on the hunt to find the perfect foundation for daily wear, and this foundation definitely fits my needs. I have normal, medium skin with yellow undertones and my skin sometimes gets dry in the winter time. I normally wear Makeup Forever in shade N40, but I bought this foundation in the slightly darker shade of 31. When I opened the box I just fell in love with the bottle itself! The frosted look is gorgeous! This foundation has a fresh scent to it, too! I'm allergic to some scents but this one didn't bother me at all.. For application, I only use about one full squirt of this on the back of my hand and then use a foundation brush to blend it on my face which I think eliminates any blotchy problems that people might have from it drying too quickly. This product looks beautiful all day long and has a natural/dewy look to it! I think it looks great in pictures even with it having SPF in it, but I would prefer to use a more matte foundation in that case. The coverage I would say is buildable, and I think the price is reasonable for the amount you get. It's definitely worth spending a bit more than your average drugstore price! Overall, great foundation, great natural/dewy finish, stays all day, buildable, love!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by LISA281

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I originally purchased this foundation because I tried so many different types of foundation that would not match my skin tone. I finally found a shade that did, which is 031 of this foundation. I have extremely sensitive skin because I use retina for acne. In the beginning of using this foundation, I did not notice any break outs, but then I gradually saw that this foundation was causing many more breakouts but I thought it was just my skin. Before I new it, I had to go to the dermatologist to fix what this foundation did to my face. I got huge welts on my skin. It was also very dewy, meaning by the end of the day it looked really blotchy and cakey. Also, I never put too much on. Although when first putting it on in the morning, it looks great put here in Texas the humidity it high so I think that's why its looked that way. I will never wear liquid foundation again. I have been through way too many brands, colors that never match, and they are a waste of money. Even though the coverage is not the best, I will just stick with bare minerals and I know that my face will not break out.

Also, I thought that I should point out that this makeup has a LOT of oil in it even though it dries like a matte finish when first putting it on in the morning. I got some of the makeup on my finger and I dried to wash it off with just water and soap but the makeup just smeared on my finger. The process of trying to take the makeup off my face could have also caused my skin to suffer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation ever. Smooth, coverage is great, feels lightweight, and can't get enough of its' fragrance. Applies best, in my experience, with the beauty blender. Love the packaging, so elegant.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by amandamg61

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic foundation! It looks natural, is buildable to the coverage you want and really really does stay on all day-even in the tropics. I have just come back from South East Asia and despite having sweat running down my face this makeup just hung in there!
Some people may find it a little drying. If you use a good moisutiser and/or a primer this should not be a problem. I have very fair skin with red undertones and the shae 021 Linen is just perfect. Sadly this shade is incredibly hard to find. I just bought the last one at a department store in Kuala Lumpur and have been unable to get it in Australia.
Lovely foundation even on aging skin.
If you don't need the staying power or it is cold/dry or you are in airconditioning all day I would recommend Dior Capture Totale liquid foundation. It makes my skin look lovely.
The cream to powder versions of both foundations are OK, and quite convenient sometimes but I find the liquid gives amore natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by BernieBrasco

This is my new HG foundation.Easy to apply, covers all the blemishes but most importantly: covers my bags under my eyes WITHOUT using a corrector.

It doesn't make my skin oily unlike Lancome Teint Visionnaire, it's a really wonderful foundation.

Not cakey at all,really smooth and nice.

Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by cheepir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This foundation was the first liquid one I tried, and I really liked it. It really smooths out the skin, applies very nicely and feels very light. It also smells really nice!

However, I have skin that gets oily very fast during mid-day and so I don't like that this foundation has a dewy finish. The coverage is also medium which works for mild blemishes and discolouring, but I usually prefer a stronger coverage for more severe acne.

That being said, combine this foundation with a good concealer and pressed powder and it becomes a HG!

I've tried a lot of other liquid foundations (MUFE Matt Velvet, MUFE HD) and keep coming back to this one. It is incredibly pricey so I'm always on the lookout for a dupe, but I haven't been able to find any other products to match it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't mind spending the money if the product is right.
This is worth the money and deserves more hype. Packaging is frosted glass. Has the look and feel of 'you've spent some money'. Nothing cheap-looking here.

Background: I am super super oily - (I don't mind being super oily, that's why I don't have wrinkles:)

I've worn this foundation for the last two summers running and enjoying the heck out of it. The texture is thin which is nice in the desert, for my skin type. I don't want to pile on a heavy creamy foundation, that I can't wait to get home and scrape off my face. Especially in the summer.

Use a moist sponge for lighter coverage or dry flat top brush for heavier coverage.
Yes, this dried fast. I don't get why others complain when a product dries quickly - I don't have time for this to settle and that to dry and all the rest. I expect my foundation to go on and DRY. LOL. I have things to do.

As the day goes on, this does not slip away from my oily T and the oil control midday powder dab down is optional, which for me, that's freaking amazing. Seriously.

This does not disappoint. Can be used fuller coverage for glam or lighter application for everyday errands. Love. Love.
For every foundation I use: For primer I use milk of mag for oil control, then on top, monistat powder-gel for a smooth finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am really, really fond of this foundation. Firstly, lovely quality packaging as always with Dior, nice glass bottle with blue lid. Obviously, what really matters is the product and it doesn't disappoint. A little goes a long way and it glides on nicely. Id describe it as medium coverage. And it stays on. And on, and on. Probably the best lasting power of any foundation I have ever tried, it is still there and feeling comfortable 10 hours after application, no mean feat on my oily skin. The finish is lovely, blurring imperfections and making the skin look divine. I will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by itsiliii

Tentative first review, i've only used this stuff for a couple days, I will update this after a month!

PROS
-this stuff wears REALLY WELL. And you would think that if its long wearing it would go on masky, but NOPE it manages to keep you to a light matte/satin finish and wear well! It also makes any blush/bronzer I put on last way longer. I must add however that it does not keep the oiliness at bay, i get oily as usual. However it does not break down with the oil. Not transfer resistant on my face either
-Beautiful bottle, excellent pump
-scent isnt bothersome

CONS
-pricey
-bottle may be a pain to travel with

So far I really like this! Gorgeous foundation definitely grab a sample and give it a try!