November 26, 2014 | 1735 users online

Eye Shadow - Fyrinnae - Loose Powder in Daemon's Tail

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by aperfectegg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Recently swore off loose powder makeup and then thought I'd try this line and purchased a bunch of samples this one included. I now remember why I swore them off. This is an OK purple but MAC Trax is so much richer, prettier and far less messy (yes, I patted it on)! It's on my swap list if you are interested.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Isolinde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is possibly my favorite shade of shadow ever.

I've been looking for a plummy purple with warm shimmer for ages, even tried requesting one from Fyrinnae at one point, but no one made the color I was looking for. MAC Trax is close, but too cool, incredibly chalky, and with not nearly enough staying power. This is the eyeshadow Trax should have been. It's the perfect mix of burgundy and gold shimmer, a perfect velvety texture, and stays put for my entire 12 hour work day.

Every time I wear this one, I get compliments on 'how pretty my eyes are', so I'd say if you have green eyes, this shadow is an absolute MUST.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 10:53:00 AM More reviews by MavenMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love purple and gold eye shadows, so when I read the description of this as being a shadow that combines the two, I had to have it! This is such a gorgeous colour! On my eyes its a deep purple with burgandy tones and this rich gold overlay. It really brings out the gold flecks in my brown eyes. I get tons of compliments whenever I wear this shadow. This looks beautiful paired with gold and bronze tone shadows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 8:00:00 AM More reviews by boadicea23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is glitter metallic purple on me. I get no burgandy at all. . it's more of a true purple on me. It reminds me of those little Kiddieland motorcycles they have at amusement parks. That's not bad as too much red in a purple can make eyes look tired. Pretty. Interesting. Gorgeous color for hazel or green eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2008 3:54:00 PM More reviews by taco_o_doom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this shadow is aboslutely everything i wanted MAC cranberry to be, but unlike turning to a rusty orange hue when it fades, as the mac does, it mellows to a shimmery burgandy gold, burgoldandy? lol i'm very pleased

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2008 10:08:00 AM More reviews by ImCastingMagicMissiles

Daemon's Tail is described on the site as "A rich combination of purple and gold. Not purple with gold shimmer, or vice-versa, but a velvety mix of different shades, which adds a burgundy hue in as well. Must be seen in person to appreciate--photos do no justice to this."

That description is pretty dead-on. Pictures really don't do it justice, it's hard to capture the way the gold and wine combine together. Each retain their own color, giving the shade an incredible multi-faceted depth and complexity. The texture is so smooth and rich and it stays forever on my lids. I really think this is one of Fyrinnae's best shadows for its unique color, brilliant fire, and excellent quality. Daemon's tail pairs beautifully with golds, soft bronzes such as Gilded Wings, and other wine/burgundy shades such as Merlot, Kitsune, and Illicit Passion. It also matches perfectly with Inks eye liner in Lovers' Quarrel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 12:42:00 AM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had to work a while to really find the right way to use this product. Because I am warm toned and very yellow undertoned (MAC NC30 to 35), this just didn't work out as a liner for me. It looked muddy and flat. However, as a lid color? Hello, beautiful. A rich mauve-wine-purple with gold brocade overlay. It might be able to work for me as a crease color too, with lighter wash and lid shades. I did a smokey eye with this using Finnegan's Wake as a wash, Daemon's tale on the lid, and Nightboat in the crease and also over my upper and lower liner for a smokey eye look, with Lights of Moscow as a wash highlight for going out, and it was a gorgeous smoky eye look. Great, but don't try to use it right on the liner area or waterline for warmer toned gals. A tip: don't thin this one out too much if you apply it wet. It can get muddy and you really want the richness of color this one can deliver. I definitely want a full size of it. Great staying power, which I have found with all the Fyrinnae shadows I've tried. With UDPP this lasts all day and into the night. Does not budge and you have to work to blend it if you let it dry, so be patient with it.