August 2, 2014 | 976 users online

Eye Shadow - Sonia Kashuk - Understatement

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2007 10:04:00 AM More reviews by prettythings

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the same review I posted in the general eyeshadow category for Sonia Kashuk.
I bought the Powder Partners Eye Shadow in Understatement - 17. The two colors in the pan are a chocolate brown (w/ mauve undertones)and a sheer shimmery mauve pink (w/ beige undertones). I am glad I only paid $1.98 on clearance as these colors just didn't work for me. Also the shadows didn't perform as well as some of the older ones I own in the old packaging (Aubergine and Ink). Understatement was too powdery and slightly chalky making it difficult to work with. The pigment wasn't as rich as I remember. It also had to be reapplied throughout the day. I'm not sure if the formula changed or its just this color. But I would never pay full price for these shadows ($7.99) after this experience.
The packaging is cute but doesn't come with the usual sponge tip applicater. Its handy to have even the cheap brushes in a compact in case of emergencies. I wouldn't repurchase this eyeshadow again.