September 21, 2014 | 957 users online

Shampoo - Davines - dede

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very disappointing product. And very misleading, says it's gentle olive (or whatever plant) derived surfactants and suitable for delicate hair and scalps and whatelse not. Guess what, it's a totally plain run of the mill shampoo, it's not gentle, special or that well at cleansing hair/scalp (which is like the main purpose of a poo). Plus, it's irritating to the skin and scalp, got itchy spots on my nape and near ears and so on. As said, it's not good at removing anything from hair, so very mediocre cleansing powers, no extras either, no anti-frizz action, no glossing either. I honestly expected more since Davines products tend to get high ratings and the other Davines stuff I've tried was a bit better than this. Stay away from this or at least get a travel size, Davines throws out lots of those tiny bottles.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by titainia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great at removing build-up becase this is basically a glorified (over-priced) clarifying shampoo, full of surfectants (sulfates and other abrasives). Its ironic that they call this "delicate ritual" considering the harshness of ingredients, but I get that marketing angle: its for fine hair and since it is low lather, you will find that you spend more time rubbing it in and doing so gently so you don't break your hair. So I guess it is a delicate ritual. One I will not be participating in again.

*Kudoos to Davines on the packing though- all recycled plastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Jessica0984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe that this has such negative reviews. My new stylist gave me a sample of this shampoo after my old stylist destroyed my hair. I have baby fine hair that is damaged and this shampoo does not weigh my hair down but it feels so much better and looks so much healthier than it did 10 weeks ago. Since it is such a gentle shampoo maybe for those of you that your hair does not feel clean, maybe your hair can tolerate a stronger shampoo in the line. Like Melu or Solu.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by ninaulrich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am really disappointed with this. My stylist said it would give me both body and softness and that it wouldn't weigh my fine hair down. Well, it leaves my hair absolutely limp and impossible to style. It does make it very soft, but that's it. I noticed that it darkens my natural blonde color too, like there's build up in my hair - never happens with other shampoos. Must be the silicone which is pretty high up on the list. And this is supposed to be a natural brand? I am NEVER buying shampoos containing silicones again! I gave this a few shots because I really wanted to love it, but now I've given up.
I do like the Dede spray conditioner though, as a light refreshing mist.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by amyaustell

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very fine, short, colored hair. Works great. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 5:01:00 AM More reviews by madamlasher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a good shampoo for my hair. I have colour treated hair that is fine and a bit damaged. It doesn't dry out my hair and is very gentle.

The packaging isn't that great though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

What an unremarkable product. It cleaned my hair, but that's about it. Nothing bad about it, but absolutely nothing special, either. You can get much better products for the same price or less.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2008 2:38:00 PM More reviews by megaboy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This shampoo what shall i say? The bottle is very dull and cheap looking. I expected more from Daviness especially in this kind of price range. I was not really exited about the smell. It cleans well but further nothing special, average expensive stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by kathmath

this is an OK shampoo, i think my hair may be a little too oily for it (for the record, my hair isn't very oily. i need to wash it about every other day.) i bought it because my stylist recommended it and i like that it is natural. however, it tends to leave my hair feeling not completely clean. it does smell good and would probably work well for someone with a dryer scalp. i also HATE the bottle it came in. i try to buy things in large sizes and the large size of this has a screw top that is like 3 inches in diameter which makes it really annoting to use. i ended up transferring it to a smaller bottle. this probably wouldn't be as big of an issue with the smaller size.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2007 2:19:00 AM More reviews by TyAngeluv

This is an awesome shampoo for damaged hair! My tresses are super fried and dry. After using this shampoo, my hair had so much shine and it was so soft. Another plus about this product is that it is cruelty free. Also smells soo goood! Finding a good shampoo like this will really change the life of your hair!