December 22, 2014 | 1756 users online

Polishes - OPI - Suzi Says Da!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

While this is a classic "autumn/winter" shade and where I am, we are rapidly bypassing spring and heading right into summer, I picked up Suzi Says Da! in a sale bin at a beauty supply outlet for a really good price. I applied it as soon as I got home and while, as I say, it's not really a spring/summer shade, I absolutely LOVE it. It's a deep burgundy/brown (similar to Sally Hansen's now discontinued Moccachino from a few years ago) only better and it wears longer. This shade can stain your nails, though, so I really recommend wearing a base coat (on my fingernails, I usually don't bother with a base coat since I find my polish lasts better without one but in this case, I think it's a good idea unless you always wear polish). It gives a rich, opaque finish easily in 2 coats (in fact, one coat almost does it) and the wear with this polish is pretty good (polish doesn't last well on me as I wash my hand a LOT and they're in water a LOT and I rarely can be bothered fishing out my dish washing gloves!) I can't wait for the cooler weather so I can wear this on my toes. I practice yoga and so even in the dead of winter, my tooties are often on display and this will look stunning! I may go back and get a back up of this since the price was so excellent!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Viviana25

Amazing dark almost black deep brown rich with a bit of red....amazing formula, super shiny finish, dont even need top coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by SkekTek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this polish! One of my all time OPI favourites. It's the perfect vampy deep burgundy/red. I agree that it looks like dried blood!! It looks great as a manicure, really shiny and it's not as dark or purple as some of the other vampy shades so it gives a nice, warm finish. Perfect. My bottle is getting a bit gloopy as I've had it for years, I've tried thinning it with OPI thinner but if that doesn't work then I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If you are on the hunt for a true rich brown, look no further than Suzi Says Da! Its a lovely deep mahogany brown, very vampy but also quite wearable on the daily. Think over lacquered dark wood floor and your almost there... OPI rarely lets me down and this one surely is a staple in my collection for years to come. This is my HG brown for sure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Add me to the list of fans for this color. There aren't many polishes in the brown family that I'm drawn to, but this creamy brown with a tinge of red is gorgeous and is right up my alley. I did remove a lippie, however, because of the streakiness I encountered in my application of this polish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 6:46:00 PM More reviews by linet182

I'm all about black nail polish, because it goes with everything, looks very chic. I like trying something different once in a while, when I found this color I fell in love with it. It's more of a fall/winter color, not so much for the summer. But it's a great color that goes with all skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by gabriellavascocastro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this, when I want a vampy shade, this and opi LMLMN are me two go to's for dark shades! I usually use this in the fall, great application. It needs two coats. I truly recommend, very long lasting.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I would guess that the skin on my hands matches MAC's colour range in NC25, usually. I am warm-toned (on my hands anyway) and this colour was very vampy on me -- it was a deep mahogany brown, sort of eggplant. At least *I* thought it was glamourous. It was a Monday. I took my new manicure home and my SO said, "How very emo of you." He wasn't the only one that made comments like that. Perhaps I need to wear dark nails with the right hair, makeup, and clothes for it to look right. But on me, any colour other than clear polish constitutes a "look" that needs other grooming to be complete. Anyway, I enjoyed admiring at my hands for a week before I got tired of the colour. By Friday the polish still looked freshly applied (I was also wearing an OPI base and top coat). When I took it off, I found that my nails were stained yellow. I guess it was fun while it lasted. I'm glad I didn't buy a full bottle of this.

~~~~What I really want is to get a skirt suit in this colour. ;-P

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by silly_lisa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely my favourite OPI shade. A great chocolate brown with a hint of red. Looks great on my skin, and I'm comfortable wearing it with a suit in my conservative office.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Preeti88

This was my first ever opi polish and it is a deep chocolate brown. It is a lovely colour for fall. It complements my nc25 skin well and it is very long lasting, creamy and easily to apply. The effect you get is almost a dark chocolat brown Which is great if you don't want to wear black. I love wearing this polish time and time again would recommend.