October 20, 2014 | 2003 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Infusion d'Iris EDP

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by kekecat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Soft, just showered, white floral (but in a hint of expensive soap way). These are all the things I think of when wearing it. I love it. However it does not last longer than about two hours on me. The longevity is terrible :( I tried Chanel 19 as it was supposed to be similar (its not really) and that stayed way longer unfortunately. wonder if the absolute is better?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by sillage

Airy, delicate, lemony, light, fresh & sweet at first -- then comes an earthy, woody, peppery, incensy, powdery, musky drydown. Not a warm fragrance -- it's cool, chilly, icy, and silver-grey. Gives you a cool fresh blast of lemony air-conditioning -- then a tickle of peppery incense. Fresh & lemony, with earthy notes added. Like Annick Goutal Eau du Sud maybe? (lemon & dirt)

Here are its notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes: Galbanum, Mandarin, Orange blossom, Pistachio leaf
Heart Notes: Iris, Vetiver, Cedarwood
Base Notes: Benzoin, Frankincense

The topnotes are as clean, airy, fresh, sweet & citrusy as Amazing Grace or Gendarme -- but the base has pepper, incense, & dry wood notes (like a birch wood or driftwood).

I can see where the earthy basenotes could possibly be off-putting for some -- enjoying the fresh lemony topnotes but not particularly liking the earthy basenotes that linger in the drydown. At times, I feel that way myself and prefer a scent that stays clean & fresh throughout.

Cool, light, clean, fresh, dry, and intriguing. I picture this on women who are professional, educated, reserved, perfectly put together.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

HG forever. Fresh and powdery at the same time, perfect year-round, comforting but clean. This is the one bottle of perfume I have ever finished and repurchased more than once -- guess I should just splurge on the big bottle but the little ones last over a year. I have a vanity countertop full of half-used perfumes and when I can't decide, I go for this one and I'm never disappointed. I'll never be able to wear the same perfume every day without getting bored, but if I had to, it would be this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by belle2216

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After reading online reviews & descriptions of this scent, I thought I had to have it. However, after smelling it on the tester card in the store, I was less than impressed. I put the card in my coat pocket and walked away disappointed. About 20 minutes later I took my phone out of my pocket and it smelled heavenly. What was this sophisticated, yet light and cheery, familiar and cozy, yet different and unusual scent I was smelling? YES, Infusion díIris had turned into everything Iíd hoped it would be.

The top notes of mandarin, orange blossom & vetiver are a little much at first. But after a few minutes of dry down the most lovely scent emerges. The combination of iris, frankincense, benzoin & cedar joins with the citrusy top notes and a star is born. The result is something thatís hard to put your finger on. As I said above, itís sophisticated, yet light and somewhat playful. Something about this fragrance is immediately familiar, like a warm blanket, yet itís like nothing Iíve smelled before.

Itís a great fragrance for those who work in office settings where they donít want to take over the room with their perfume or for wearing to a restaurant. The scent stays close to you and provides a wonderful surprise for only those who are lucky enough to get close to you. I feel sophisticated and sexy when I wear it, but not in a ďtrying too hardĒ way.

The bottle itself is sophisticatedly understated and beautiful as well. The clear glass with the Prada emblem makes it look like something that may have been on my great grandmotherís dressing table 100 years ago in Italy.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 5:03:00 AM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

When this was released, I sniffed a bottle of the EDT and wasn't impressed, due to its lack of staying power. Fast forward a few years. I purchased the Homme version for my husband and loved it on him (the pour elle and pour homme versions are extremely similar). I then purchased an inexpensive bottle of Infusion d'iris edp on ebay to see how I would like it for myself and was amazed how quickly I fell in love!! I just finished my third bottle this week and can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet. I read a lot of reviews mentioning this as being an "old lady" scent. I'm never sure what to do with that description. The very last image that comes to mind when I smell Infusion d'Iris is anything paticularly old. I live in Europe and have spent time in Italy and France. It is an Eau de Cologne type fragrance. THIS is what I think of smelling this fragrance. I think cool, crisp elegance. A freshly ironed white blouse, gray pencil skirt, stilletos. This is a woman who knows her stuff and doesn't need a loud blast of fragrance to announce her. This smells "expensive" and stays close to the skin. You only get a whiff of this as she strolls by or when she leans across the conference table of the board room during her presentation. This is the absolute perfect work fragrance, but is a divine evening scent as well, as it is unexpected. The EDP lasts on my skin forever and leaves a beautiful hint of scent on my scarves and cashmere sweaters. I also highly recommend the Vetiver as well as the d'leau versions of this scent. The Rose, Tuberose and Oranger were duds in my book however. Prada, please don't ever discontinue Infusion d'Iris.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by michkal

I'm always on the lookout for a fragrance that I will actually wear, and this is it. To me, this smells sophisticated and uptight in a good way, if that makes sense. It's definitely not 'pretty' in the typical sense, but I feel pretty when I wear it. I wear it to work because I feel it is subtle. It is long lasting and I can smell it on my coat at the end of the day. I have the edp. It is the opposite of warm and sexy. I would describe it as kind of icy. It's unique and not something I smell often on others.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

I had a sample of this and as soon as I opened the lid of the glass sample tube and got a whiff of what had spilled on my fingers, I ran to wash it off. It smells so soapy and old-ladyish, at first whiff it really smelled like any generic bar of floral scented soap! I tried it a couple of more times just to give it the benefit of the doubt and no change, this kind of scent definitely isn't for me, though on the positive side I did notice it to be not too overpowering and not too intense, almost like a soft floral baby powder smell. I am not a floral scent person at all -- I absolutely cannot stand floral scents or soapy scents and much prefer citrusy or food-y scents. But having said that, if you are someone who likes the smell of flowers, irises or floral soaps and are looking for a scent that is on the softer and lighter side, then this just might be the scent for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2013 3:57:00 AM More reviews by NumberSixBiitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Why does Prada have such LAME packaging? ...oh yea! to match their LAME scent- what you see is what you get with this perfume!! LAME.soap.Lame.
YOU'RE WELCOME.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by totesboats

As much as I like to think of myself as a scent explorer, I can barely tolerate this for longer than an hour before frantically scurrying to a bathroom to scrub it off. It smells just like my grandmother, a fantastic woman who had a very pronounced old-lady/ancient powder smell in her later years. Even so, I don't think she'd really go for this.

On me, the EDP has a healthy sillage and projects quite well with a spray on each wrist. I don't get any earthiness from it, as the considerable amount of benzoin has been completely neutered along with the vetiver. It's no citrus and all old soap, or rather the kind of soap that remains unsold and forgotten in the bed and bath section of Tuesday Morning. The strangest aspect of Infusion D'Iris is that it has negative warmth--I love a "cool" fragrance on a hot summer day, but this fragrance is so chilly that it reminds me of a funeral home. A morgue smells more lively than this.

If you want to smell like you collect doilies and play bridge with the soon-to-be-departed, I cannot recommend a more suitable perfume.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by stls

Infusion d'Iris is not the type of perfume I would fall for, but well... it got me.
While building a perfume collection one realizes that although a particular olfactory group will be the favorite, there are others that have their time and place too.

Opens with the refreshing kick of orange and neroli. Then gradually gets more soapy and powdery, smells airy, cool and clean. But Infusion d'iris is more than citrus, soap and powder. As it reaches the drydown there is an almost transparent woody lightly incensey base. Seamlessly blended, geniously structured and totally unisex.

Sillage is low but it's surprising long lasting.
I consider it a serene scent, very suitable for job interviews. A little austere, aloof at time, clean and modern but not intimidating, professional, self possessed, not flirty at all. Totally lacking emotion but still manages to have personality at the same time.
A great choice for taking a break from louder/sweeter scents, helps me concentrate and accomplish tasks.

Brings to mind a cool spring rain in the woods and it's also soothing. As a friend, wouldn't be the one to bake you comforting cookies but would give you the wisest advice for sure.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No