September 22, 2014 | 1004 users online

Conditioner - Rene Furterer - OKARA, Protect Color 2-Phases conditioner

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Safin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This leave-in conditioner is real trouble in a bottle. I bought this because I like to use leave-in conditioners instead of the rinse out ones, because it is much faster and most of the time they do a better job.
With the first use this left my hair very frizzy, it is full of silicones and my hair does not respond good to silicones.
At the same time I noticed a few cysts in my neck (have not had that for a long time). With a few more uses I started to get more itchy pimples in my neck and a few days ago I discovered a dermatitis patch in my neck. So yesterday I checked the ingredients in Skindeep and the result was an 8, which is very bad.
It makes me very angry that brands positioning themself as kind of natural or good for hair and scalp, while pumping them with harmful ingredients, will not buy anything from this brand again!

Water, Cyclomethicone, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Laureth-4, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzophenone-4, BHT, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citral, Citronellol, Ethylhexyl, Methoxycinnamate, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycine Soja Protein, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf extract, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Panthenol, PEG/PPG-14/4 Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl, Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Polyquaternium-22, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by JSFrevel

Love this Leave-in Conditioner! Leaves my curly hair soft and frizz free. I've tried to find a cheaper dupe, but so far nothing comes close enough. It's hard to find but worth the search. Whenever I find it I stock up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am loving this! its so lightweight and smells great, it doesnt weigh my hair down and adds moisture and shine.
Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by aparnanatarajan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This leave in conditioner is just beyond awsome.
I have dry thick wavy hair and to tame it i need a lot of anti frizz creams.So i needed a conditioner which would just add moisture to my hair without causing buildup and not ruin the style or give any hold.
And this product certainly did meet all the criteria.
All it does is add moisture and no buildup or hold.
Only one conn thought.Somethimes the spray nozzle gets stuck.Not that it is a big deal but when you are paying so much you certainly do expect better quality packaging

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this. It is a fantastic detangler for my long, wavy, fine hair which is damaged from too much color and bleach. Although it contains silicones, this product doesn't coat or weigh down my hair, it just leaves my hair with the perfect texture too, very moisturizing. I love the smell of this too - it;s hard to describe, more or less a fresh citrus. This is terribly expensive for the small amount that you get, but it really works. I use it with DevaCare low poo and OneCondition and my color really doesn't fade as much anymore. I had been using Biolage daily tonic but this is way more moisturizing and leaves my hair so soft. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by blazingsmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing leave-in. Smells fabulous. I use it in conjunction with the Okara color shampoo and the masque (I have curly, seriously color treated hair), and once out of the shower, spritz 4 or 5 pumps onto my hair (shake the bottle first!!)

I can get a comb through it no problemo, and it blow dries easily and smoothly, leaving my hair very shiny, but with lots of volume and no greasiness.

Also, has UV filters to help protect hair from sun damage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 9:36:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an excellent leave-in conditioner.
I never was a fan of leave-in's as I have extremely thin hair that cannot stand any heavy product or it gets greasy/heavy/dirty the minute after.
I always use rinse conditioners/masks but I applied OKARA (that was sitting almost forgotten on the back of my cabinet) yesterday when I was super late and had NO time to deep condition my hair. No conditioning is no option either, as my hair gets static and frizzy, really cr*p. Can't go outside like that.
So had no other choice than to use a leave-in. I applied cautiously like max 4 sprays for all hair (I have a neck long bob) and styled.
Well, I was amazed by the results! Hair was like it had deep conditioning; no build-up. Smooth, soft, shiny. Wow.
The day after (=today) hair is completely OK and does not need washing!!
(I wash my hair twice a week only, my hairdresser recommends not more than that for fine hair like mine).
I am amazed. Okara is a winner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2009 8:34:00 AM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't usually care for high-end hair products, but this is fabulous. Okara had been sitting in my bathroom for 3 years after I bought it on a trip to Paris. Used a few weeks ago when I ran out of conditioner. Works as a rinse-off conditioner on wet hair, works on dry hair, and performs excellently as a finishing product for frizzy hair. Pricey so will only use as finishing product unless I'm desperate. Sampled Fekkai's glossing cream, but that left my long, coarse, thick hair crunchy the next day. I think the silicones made me breakout, as I don't wash my hair every day. Okara does not cause breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2008 1:09:00 AM More reviews by mochabear

I love this product. I use it everyday - after my Terax Life Drops to help protect my highlights from fading and turning brassy. It's a real HG! It doesn't weigh down my hair at all. Nor does it leave a sticky film. Great stuff. I use it every day. And it has a wonderful pleasant summery smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by blackowlive

Great product that leaves my hair manageable and light-feeling. It detangles and conditions and preserves color without weighing it down. This was what I was looking for in a conditioner and it's more convenient than a cream conditioner. It doesn't take very much, I think this will last a while. I use it with my Okara shampoo.
*Update: This does a good job of preserving color but I wish it was a bit more moisturizing.