July 31, 2014 | 1734 users online

Polishes - Orly - Plum Noir

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

Orly is hands down my favorite polish. It always comes out great. The only downside is a relatively long dry time compared to other brands. I just make sure I use a quick drying top coat and do my nails when I know I can have my hands idle for at least 45 minutes. Plum Noir is the perfect fall color, dark and rich plum that looks nearly black indoors. Great coverage with two coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by dvdfjojo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is such a beautiful deep plum colour that is so flattering on pale skin.

Two coats was perfect and with a bit of seche vite on top, was beautifully shiny.

The picture above is true to how it looks, it's become my favourite nail polish now that winter's coming. I'm loving everything plum and rust coloured at the mo.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by autumnxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Adore this nailpolish.. Orly is really a great brand. This color is just perfect. It goes great with my fair skin. Such a great dark plum shade without being too dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by taylorlizette

I received this last week when my 8ty8beauty order finally arrived. I was a little worried at first because it is much lighter in the bottle (as previously mentioned) and I really was after a dark, vampy, plum. I tried it on my toes and I'm in love. One coat and its perfectly opaque, impressively glossy and a rich dark plum (but not so dark that it isn't obviously purple). I've only had it on a few days so I can't comment on the staying power at this point, but I can say that it was really easy and smooth to apply. If you want to get nit-picky, the brush isn't the best; its long and a bit thin but really, who cares?

I think this will definitely be on high rotation on my nails this winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 2:25:00 AM More reviews by brookebaird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

What a great discovery.
First of all, I always ignored Orly and went straight to Essie or Zoya. However, I was on the hunt for a rich purple that wasn't quite black. The sales associate picked this up and I was a bit surprised as it appears much lighter in the bottle (why a lippie is missing). After sampling 2 coats on tape, I saw that the color was rich and just what I wanted.
I applied the polish at home and was really impressed. The top has an easy grip, the formula is great and 2 coats provided even coverage (but I prefer the way 3 coats look). The brush was great and the final result was fabulous. In sunlight, you see a rich plum where the purple takes center stage. Indoors it looks much more black/plum - it definitely has a vampy/vixenish quality. I should note it's much more flattering than OPI Lincoln Park after Dark. Who knew - Orly rocks!
The best part has been the lasting power. With a top coat applied every 5 days, my pedicure last lasted almost 3 weeks. This is longer lasting than Chanel!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Katrinket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I thought I had found the perfect deep plum, but no. This looks so pretty in the bottle but on the nail it is much darker. Generally I find that 2-3 coats of any nail polish will look pretty close to how it looks in the bottle, so I was surprised. I do love dark nail polish, but I really wanted to be able to see more of the plum color. I guess it's aptly named though. I was hoping for "dark" plum, but this is more "black" plum. I did find my color though. If you have the same feelings about this as I do, try Fingerpaints Pretty as a Portrait (avail at Sally's.) It looks light and bright in the bottle, but more noir on the nail.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 4:04:00 AM More reviews by halimeade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to agree with the previous reviewer, the color comes out MUCH darker on nails than the color in the bottle. I like the dark color anyway, but in this case appearances were deceiving! Sort of disappointing. The Orly quality is still here, though, so I gave it a 4. I did three coats, I could have easily gotten away with two if I hadn't applied it carelessly.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by MoonCigar

I love this color in the bottle and I was really looking forward to trying it on. However, when I did, I found that the color is much too dark for me.

I think this color would look better on older women, or women with darker skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

I'm normally not a huge fan of Orly, but this shade is perfection! This is what I reach for when I want something dark and rich .. but don't want to go quite as deep as something really blackened like OPI Lincoln Park after Dark. This shade is luscious and deep, but still manages to retain the "plum" aspect that so many other like this lose upon the 2nd coat. This is deeper than Plum Perfect and has more purple tones. Overall, huge raves, perfect application and nice wear!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by adamantine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I adore this polish. It is a warm-toned dark purple. Smooth texture, shiny finish without a topcoat, and week-long staying power? Yum. Two thin coats will give you true to the bottle color, any more and it will go black on you. Any skin tone can wear this color.This is one of my favorite vamps.