OPI Midnight in Moscow

4.2

on 12/4/2014 4:42:00 AM

This is everything I hoped Everyday Is Oktoberfest, Muir Muir on the Wall and Vampsterdam would be! This is the most multi-dimensional polish in my collection - never looks the same under different lighting. Under low light, it looks so vampy, but under the sun it becomes this beautiful dark purple/red/chocolate brown with glittery shimmer. I love how it reminds me of my partner's old car - it's the exact same chameleon shade. Don't be disheartened by how horrible it looks after the first coat because it really takes on a whole new character after the second coat. Will definitely buy again.

It's not burgundy, it's not red, it's not grey, it's not brown...but it's beautiful! Even though I'm not really sure what color it is, I love it. It's one of those that seems to go with everything, which is nice since I'm, er, picky and I can't stand for my nails to clash with my clothes. This is a great shade for fall and winter, and I'm sure I'll be rocking it all season long this year...just like always. As with pretty much every OPI polish I own, application is easy-peasy and not gloopy at all. It's on the thin side so you will need a few coats (I usually do three) but the bonus to that is that it doesn't get all rumpledy on your nail no matter how many you slather on. Word of warning: Don't be alarmed when you put the first coat on and the color is hideous. It'll be fine, and it dries pretty fast so you'll be getting compliments in no time!

on 12/29/2013 10:44:00 PM

I applied a very light coat of this over 2 coats of Sally Hansen, Flirt. I love it!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

EDIT: I posted this review earlier today and after glaring at my nails all day I've come to the conclusion that I really don't like this color polish at all. I thought maybe it would grow on me but it's just not. I should of known I wouldn't like it as I was tempted to take it off with the first coat. (The first coat applied like a muddy gray.) I figured it's only the first coat so I'll give it a shot. Nope, still not impressed. Wish I would have passed on this one...

on 10/30/2013 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I know how to make this color truer to how it is in the bottle! Like a lot of you, I was more impressed with this color in the bottle than on my tips. It looks like a deep rich glimmery burgundy, but once you put it on, it has this muddy grey undertone and it takes at least the coats to make it close to what is in the bottle. So today I was applying Tweed by Avon, a deep wine cream burgundy, which is actually very pretty on its own, but I just really wanted some shimmer. So after two thin coats of Tweed, I topped it off with Midnight In Moscow and it's gorgeous! Now it looks like I had expected it to look! Hope this helps some of you out:)

on 9/20/2013 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got a manicure with this color and I think it is stunning. It's a really, really deep burgundy with shimmer if it is in bright light. Totally my kind of color. As usual, OPI's formula is great.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It looks better in the bottle. On my nails it just looks like a dark brown, no shimmer unless you unless you look extremely hard.

on 5/30/2013 9:05:00 PM

This is my go to dark polish. I love the red shimmer (I probably also find it endearing because I took Russian in college). Much shinier with a top coat. Typical quality and longevity for OPI. I think it's a good fall/winter color.

on 11/11/2012 7:23:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Yes Yes a million times Yes this is my HG nail polish all year round, it is smart sophisticated and IMO the most beautiful colour ever. In the sunlight you can see it light up and sparkle. I have bought this over and over for the past 5 years and I will continue to do so for a long time. I have 6 bottles in my cupboard so that I never run out!

on 10/26/2012 5:36:00 PM

This is easily my HG nail polish. It is the only one I've ever purchased twice, and I was so happy to find it today that I almost bought two. The first bottle I got was a gift from my best friend who is now deceased, so it was very special to me. It started to get a little gummy so I stopped using it. I thought it was discontinued because I never saw it at Ulta. I was so excited to find it again. The trick to this shade is that you MUST use at least two coats. It "comes alive" with the second coat. This is my absolute fave!

Top Rated OPI Products