September 3, 2014 | 1568 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Desert Essence - Organics hand and body lotion-coconut

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Principesa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this as a body lotion. I tend to be fickle and skip around a lot with lotion but I have purchased this several times. It's around $8 on Amazon. The scent is not pure coconut but has vanilla undertones. Every time I use it people ask what smells so good. I have given it as a gift also. It is a good consistency to dispense from a tube, which I prefer over a pump bottle to get the last drops out. The color is yellowish due to natural ingredients. It absorbs well. I wish there was more for the money as I tend to go through it quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I LOVE this moisturizer. It's so perfect in consistency and texture. It smells like coconuts and nothing else. It's all natural and nothing gross. It's a very hydrating lotion and stays all day. The smell alone makes this a winner!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Poli93

Good moisturizer, absorbs quickly and does the job (I don't have dry skin but moisturize daily). I got this because I've started using natural, organic and chemical-free products, and when I saw this in Wholefoods I was intregued.
The only complaint I have with this is the fragrance. When I smelled it in store (the tap was sealed with a paper cap, so the smell was concealed) it had a lovely faint coconut fragrance, but when I used it all over my body at home it threw me off a little. It contains passion fruit as well (which wasn't labelled clearly on the bottle, I had to read the ingredient list), and it's a bit overpowering. If you're sensitive to fragrances this may not be for you. I don't mind the fact that it has a strong scent, I just wish it were more coconut then passion fruit.
I won't repurchase this just because I'm curious about the brand's other fragrances, like the almond one.
But for 8 it's a good moisturizer, and to be honest since I finished my perfume this saves me having to buy a new one because the fragrance lingers all day so you have a built-in perfume!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by fsmeath

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this smelled delicious (straight up like, well, coconut) when i sampled it in the store on my wrist but i found the scent overwhelming once i applied this at home to my body. i wish they had made this more subtle and cut the fragrance by about half. it smells VERY sweet and fruity, sort of like a pina colada, which gave me a slight headache. i am sensitive to strong fragrances/perfume, so this was a miss for me.

for a more subtle and "real" coconut scent, i prefer mountain ocean's lotion, which has a thinner consistency but is much more pleasant to breathe in all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Melinda2180

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ordered this from iherb! (use ZFC561 for a $10 discount off your first order)
i actually love love love this lotion, i have the spicy vanilla chai "flavor". If only i could drink this stuff, it smells divine and sinks into the skin fast and doesnt leave a residue. I would definitely re-purchase! it's one of those lotions that even though i find it difficult to finish other ones...this one is going and it's going fast. I use it for everything, for arms, legs, elbows everything!

MAJOR LOVING!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 5:26:00 AM More reviews by organicmakeupjunkie

I've tried sooooo many lotions! I have dry patches on my arms I try to keep moisturized, as well as my whole body. This is the BEST lotion I have ever used hands down. I love the smell of coconut, so that's a plus! It's also made from vegan and healthy ingredients, which I'm always on the look out for, so that's another great plus. Great product and highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Vesper74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells soooo good, if you like coconut fragrance. I also can'tbelieve how soft and smooth it makes my skin. The smell is extremely strong and lingers for a looong time, so you must be ok with that. I wouldn't wear this in an office setting but for going out at night or weekends, it is great. Also LOVE that this is free of parabens and other gross chemicals, and is organic! Years better(and cheaper) than anything from The Body Shop or Bath and Body Works!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by GrumpyAngel222

This review is for Desert Essence Organics Spicy Vanilla Chai Hand and Body Lotion. Love this stuff! Very light in texture, but very moisturizing. Smells spicy-cinnamony, and soaks in quickly. I mix this with Nubian Heritage Goats Milk & Chai lotion and it's perfecto. PLUS, if you order from iherb.com, use code: XON769, you will get $5.00 off your first order. And, free shipping on U.S. orders over $20.00, and no tax! AWESOME! =)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by ahhnordstrom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

The smell IS very strong. But basically all scented body lotion/washes/etc. that I've tried smell pretty strong, and I've come to expect it, so I tend to just use unscented for everyday/all over. This smells a lot like tanning oil, or at least the Hawaiian Tropic one. And the smell does linger. You don't need to use much though. The bottom line is, if you don't want to smell like tanning oil, don't buy this. I however like it. Plus it really does moisturize, it makes my skin feel amazing! I have eczema on one hand and this sometimes irritates it, sometimes doesn't. But I usually use a different lotion for my hands anyways. If you love strong tropical coconut smells and soft skin, you will like this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by littleblackhearts

It smells like artificial coconut (and not the good kind, either).
There's a lot.
The packaging is alright, but I occasionally drop the damn thing, when my hands are lotion-y.
It sits on your skin, so you'll have to wait a bit for it to absorb. It's uncomfortable when you apply it on your legs, and then immediately put on pants.
Moisture level is decent, but my skin is not necessarily dependent on moisture, so not much help there.
I only got this because i couldn't find the Alba-Botanical Coconut Body Cream (or something like that).
I don't like it.