December 20, 2014 | 870 users online

Hair Treatments - Philip Kingsley - Scalp Mask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 3:35:00 PM More reviews by JCuevas04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is HG for me! I have oily an oily scalp with dry hair. I wanted a scalp treatment to use every so often to just really deep clean and exfoliate my scalp and this fits the bill! You apply this directly from the tube onto the scalp on towel dried hair. Than you massage this all over your scalp and apply a processing cap or one of those shower caps for 10-20 min. Than rinse with water and shampoo/condition like normal.

Once applied this feels tingly, cooling. It exfoliates the scalp and is suppose to help stimulate hair growth. All I know is that this makes my scalp feel so clean and refreshed. I use it like once every 2 weeks for a deep scalp treatment. It comes in a small tube which they say is good for one application. I try not to use one whole tube on one application though and I save the rest for next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Viridian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely, soothing, cooling scalp treatment. Only have an occasionally sensitive scalp, so can't see myself using it all the time, but imagine this would be amazing if it ever flares up. Great product to know about.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by ij1111

I have to say this product gives great volume to the hair if paired with the Scalp Tonic. I buy the mini scalp masks for $7 at space.nk and I use it once a week religiously It gives good shine to boost! This is a must have (mind you I do not have itchy scalp or SD)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2008 10:44:00 PM More reviews by missy24680

bought this product bc it said it made your hair very shiny from Bazaar top 50 best products...but it didnt do anything....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by SuperNude

This is an essential product for me. I have suffered from itchy, greasy and flaky scalp for a long time. It was so bad even hairdresser's have commented which was embarrassing. I have tried many a product Aveda, Phytol, Head and Shoulders, Nizoral, to name but a few and only two regimens work for me. The PK Itchy Flaky Scalp Shampoo, Mask & Tonic combined or Selsun which smells revolting. It took a few weeks perseverence but I did eventually feel relief and see results.

My only gripe is the packaging for the scalp mask. Which is particularly difficult to use once there is less than half the product remaining to extract and apply the cream. I often resort to cutting the tube in half to make the most of my purchase. Its not ideal.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by popkid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My scalp felt dry, itchy and tight yet oily and congested. Head and Shoulders wasnt doing the trick. I was recommended this by a salon and was pretty pleased by the results. My scalp felt clean, moisturised, rextexturized and calm-not tight or dry or oily.

That said when I had a severely dry scalp or whatever this didnt help and I needed to use Nizorale.

If your problem isnt severe and your scalp feels dry, tight or congested I would definitely recommend this product.

Further to that you can purchase a small tube to try it out without forking out for the full size.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2007 6:12:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

This product is supposed to reduce flaking and itching in those people who suffer from dandruff and psoriasis. I have suffered from seborrheic dermatitis (dandruff) since I was a child and have tried so many products. I had hoped that this product would be HG for me. Well, I applied the mask, left it on for 20 minutes, then shampooed and conditioned my hair and applied the scalp tonic. By midday the following day, I was scratching my head and feeling miserable. What a disappointment! And this stuff was extremely pricey...I went back to my alternating regimen of using Nizoral and T-Gel and have much better results.

I think this just doesn't work for SD. It's really for very dry scalps, which I do NOT have.

However, this is amazing as a hydrating mask for the hair shaft and makes my hair sooooo soft and conditioned!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No