September 21, 2014 | 1986 users online

Loose Powders - Fyrinnae - Fyrinnae-Mineral Finish

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have Sunkissed and I'm really not sure why Fyrinnae Finishing Powders and Sunkissed in particular don't get more love. They have minimal ingredients (only 2-3 ingredients--mica, kaolin, zinc oxide--depending on the formula you choose.) The powders are easy to blend to a clear, soft finish. You only use the smallest amount, so the product last a long time and are really inexpensive. This sets my makeup perfectly and I don't look too powdery. Plus, Sunkissed adds an extremely subtle golden sheen, like you're being followed around by soft warm light. It's genius and I love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by remychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder is amazing. It is white in the jar but goes on transparent and gives you an airbrushed luminous finish. It is a carbon copy of MUFE's powder at a fraction of the price. This has become a staple in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 12:33:00 PM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this in the orginal "clear" formula. It comes packaged in a screw top container with a sifter. It looks scary white in the jar, however when you put it on it blends into your skin color. This is provides a smooth, almost airbrushed quality to mineral makeup. I have not used it over liquid foundation, but imagine it would work equally well. I really love Fyrinnae's mineral foundation and think that alone it provides a great finish, however, with this powder as a finish it looks flawless and stays that way for hours. It really makes a difference, it's worth picking it up. I'm really impressed with all of Fyrinnae's face powder's, they offer a great finish with really pure ingredients, great company, overall. It takes a while for them to ship, but well worth the wait, especially for this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2007 3:51:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

It's a good thing this is a great product, because this company is SLOW to ship. It took about 3 weeks from ordering until I finally received it. Still, I'm not a mineral makeup fan, other than finishing powders, and this is great! I got "clear," which looks very, very white in the tub, but goes on transparent. My face looks airbrushed, smooth and clear. I'd definitely buy this again...It's so much cheaper than any other brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Wuzzo

I thought I saw this product reviewed on this board somewhere, but can't find it. In any event, I went to the Fyrinnae site after seeing a rave review of this finishing powder. Mineral Finish comes in three varieties: Clear, Oil Control and Sun Kissed. I chose the oil control version (as well as some eye shadow testers and a blush that I'll review separately). I have to say that I'm really impressed with Alison Raffaele's finishing powder, but it's not "oil control" and my middle-aged (but still wrinkle and sag-free) skin gets oily about one hour after applying powders.

After two hours, this very fine, lovely-to-use powder was showing just a little shine, but not the really oily shine that I usually get. After five hours, still no need for a major touch up. Am I impressed? You bet! All the products I bought (plus the free sample) are super quality and you get to choose between really glittery stuff and almost matte. The service was very fast to Canada, which was just as impressive! I also thought the web site was rather fun. I will definitely be buying the larger sizes of these products.