October 25, 2014 | 881 users online

Powder - Shiseido - MAQuillAGE Precious Design Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by KiuKiu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

*Picture Included*

I have this in #10 Lucent White. I use this mostly as a shimmery highlighter for my cheekbones. It has a really soft shimmer, which makes it perfect even during the daytime. The color is rather like a sheer ivory, so it goes with all blushes. When I’m in a shimmery blush mood (I usually like mattes), I apply this really lightly on top of the blush. The packaging is very pretty, and the brush is pretty good quality too!

***UPDATE***This is my HG highlighter now. The shimmer is really fine and is a perfect perk-me-up for my face. I do not usually have the time to apply this, but whenever I do, I love it! I already bought a backup as I know that MAQuillAGE is always reclycling their products for upcoming products.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2007 1:01:00 AM More reviews by runechan

Maquillage precious design powder is highlighting powder. This one becomes my HG instantly. It's released in spring 2007 and comes in two shades : 10 for highlighting and 20 for contouring. The one I have is in 10. This powder consists of 4 pastel shades, white, green, pink, and blue. All shades are very light that they don't show up on your face, just brighten your skin complexions.

To use: You combine pink with green to brighten under eye area or hide under eye circles. Then combine white and blue to highlight your nose and cheekbone. Finally, you can combine all colors and apply to your face to add radiant.

The product comes in maquillage black compact with fine mirror. The brush applicator inside is really useful. Just perfect to apply this powder! I bought it around $30 but you can buy the refill at much cheaper price!

pix can be seen in my profile.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2007 6:51:00 PM More reviews by amarques

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

(Review contains picture)

I am an LLL, neutral to warm, Shiseido Asia OC-00/OC-10, Shu Uemura 574 and Bobii Brown Sand-Ivory. My skin is normal to dry and a bit sensitive (but fortunately not very often these days!).

I decided to buy this powder in shade 20, Natural Beige, and it basically contains 4 beige-ish shades, as follows:

- Pale pinkish-beige;
- Warm rosy peach;
- Ivory white;
- Buttery yellow-beige.

They are all coated by a thin layer of shimmer that virtually disappears upon first application. Nonetheless, this powder applied with the little brush provided and as documented by the lovely reviewer below, will indeed give you a soft, warm glow as if your skin were illuminated from within.

It is a must for contouring and highlighting and can be applied alone or over your foundation or primer. Good as well for those emergency retouches - that's why it does not leave my handbag these days!

I also love the packaging: cute hexagonal black box with an upper shelf for the brush, mirror underneath and the powder itself in the "basement".

(Please click on "Continued" to see the shades of #20- Natural Beige...)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by blahiffy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since I have a profound love of Shiseido's Maquillage line, I bought this powder on a complete whim. I don't regret my purchase, however, because it is a really gorgeous highlighter! It also seals my makeup perfectly. I have slightly sensitive skin, and this powder doesn't irritate it at all, which is great. I recommend this product for people of medium light/pale skin. It comes in four pastel colors (green, blue, yellow, and pink) that give me a great glow when used accordingly. HG!

(Click the "Continue" link to view application instructions for this powder!)

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2007 9:38:00 AM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*****Please click on continued to view the formatted version incl. pic(s)*****
When I spotted MAQuillAGE's Precious Design Powder I knew I had to get it. Recently I was getting more and more into MQ's cosmetics (e.g. their lipsticks and foundations really rock!) so it didn't take me long to order the powder.

Precious Design Powder comes in a cute shiny black compact (but careful if you order it...you need to buy it separately since they sell the powder in refill pans only) with a soft wide brush under the cover and a mirror in the powder compartment. It's a rather thick/bulky compact but it looks really pretty (it has a sort of diamond-shape).

When you buy it there's a layer of glitter sprayed on the powder, but after wiping it off there's just a very soft glowing shimmer left over.

The powder is very fine and delicate, feels silky and doesn't dry out my skin at all. It leaves a soft glowy finish and evens out little imperfections nicely (my skin is quite clear and even though and I always use foundation and concealer before the powder).

Furthermore there is no scent added and my sensitive skin doesn't show any adverse reactions to the product.

I believe I paid around 3700 Yen for the powder incl. the compact. The refill probably retails for around 2800-3000 Yen alone, but i really can't remember exactly.

Anyway, this powder has become my HG! Previously my HG was the MM Powder Fantasia (which I still love) but I just adore the glowy finish of the MQ powder.

I always use a big fluffy face brush to apply Precious Design Powder for the best and most even finish.

There are 2 colors of which I picked out

#10: Consists of white, pink, green and blue pastel shades. It's perfect for my very pale skin tone, not too white due to the added colors but doesn't turn me green or blue =P.

The other color #20 comes in various shades of beige/peach and is probably suitable for most skin tones, but I haven't seen it IRL.

I am a cool-toned PPP/NW15 with brown eyes