July 28, 2014 | 958 users online

Lip Gloss - Clinique - Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in Grapefruit

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

This is a very sheer shade of pink (it's almost clear), so I don't really understand how Clinique came up with the name Grapefruit for it. This definitely won't give you much colour, but if you're happy with a very sheer shade then this would probably suit.

I got this as a GWP a while ago and haven't really used it a great deal if I'm honest. It's quite a nice light gloss, but as someone who doesn't really favour glosses anyway, I wouldn't choose this as a go-to product. The tube I have is tiny (about 5g I think) and I've bearly made a dent in it so far, so I'm guessing a full-sized tube would last a very long time (especially if like me, you only tend to apply a couple of times a day).

I don't think this is particularly moisturising, but if you're looking for something simple to throw in your bag on a night/day out or to take on holiday with you, you could definitely do worse than to choose this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Georgia8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have all of these shades and they are such nice lip glosses i wear them most days and they moisturise my lips and give a really nice glossy look but don't have much variation in pigmentation between the different shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by RThorn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the Superbalms! They are truly moisturizing, enough so that I can actually wear them as a lip balm overnight. This pink color isn't my favorite, and adds more shine than anything, but if you are looking for a MLBB gloss it's one to consider. I LOVE the tube packaging because it's easy to apply discreetly on the go.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Romyw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my basic everyday lipgloss. There is just a nice tint of pink to it, so it just enlivens my lips slightly and gives a great shine.
What I love most about this gloss is that it smooths my lips so that there is nary a line one left after application! Creates a youthful pout without crazy glitter!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by lilyjules

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

nice everyday colour- very nude. almost like wearing nothing but gives a hint of pink. not too sticky. just comfortable and moisturising. I like this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Georginaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Got a sample of this recently. Totally fell in love!!!
Reasons:
- It's actually moisturizing. It feels kinda like a fusion of lip gloss and lip balm. It feels so different from the ordinary lip glosses I have.
- It has no glitter/shimmery stuff, which I hate.
- Adorable grapefruit color in tube but transparent on lips. Gives me a great reason to wear it at home ;)
- The applicator is so user-friendly!

Would love to try out the other colors too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Medium pink in the tube, clear on lips. But it's a nice, very shiny, unscented and line-smoothing clear. Wouldn't buy it, but I'll enjoy the cute 7ml GWP size.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

I got this in a sample size after a makover at a counter in my local mall. It just so happened to be the perfect color for my skintone. I tried it out, not expecting very much, but getting a WONDERFUL result. This lipgloss is so moisturizing that you can go without lipbalm under it! The color payoff is great, and this isn't sticky at all! It's all gone now because I used it so frequently, but I want to repurchase it very badly! I STRONGLY URGE YOU TO GET THIS PRODUCT!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by sayshal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a tiny tube of this in the Clinique Moisture Sample Kit. This is fantastic for dry chapped lips! I don't usually wear gloss, I tend to be a lipstick person, but for the cold dry winters, this stuff is fantastic! This stuff keeps my lips from chapping and keeps them soft. It lasts a couple hours and goes on clear. Definitely going to go purchase another tube, though I'm not sure I'm going to get it in the shade grapefruit, on me its completely sheer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Justinemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very nice! I bought this because I wanted a shiny gloss to wear over certain lipsticks. Lately I've been wearing it over MAC Rebel since that lipstick goes on pretty matte--so this gives it a different look.

I was looking for a clear gloss and although Grapefruit is pale pink it goes on clear for me. The tube is fine--I do feel I have to squeeze it a bit to get it to come out. Sometimes I apply directly to lips and other times I squeeze a bit on my finger. If I do the latter, the gloss does get a bit sticky...but a bit of hand sanitizer does the trick.

Overall I really like this and it doesn't have an offensive scent, like some other glosses that I was considering getting.