November 29, 2014 | 1459 users online

Moisturizers - Boots - Botanics Face Renewal Cream SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by johnsmommy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This moisturizer makes my face look and feel greasy. Disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by gbeatrizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this moisturizer and have only used it a few times but really enjoy it along with all of the other products Iím using from their line (Botanics Complexion Refining Light Night Cream & Botanics Moisturizing Deep Clean Foam Cleanser). This is a little bit thicker than what Iím used to with day creams but I really like what it does for my skin. My skin type is normal and the only time I have concerns is when it gets a bit dry during the winter season and sometimes an oily T-Zone during the summer. I also struggle with moisturizers that are so light but yet heavy that they make you sweat the second you step outside (weird I know). I have certainly put this to the test in the Arizona Monsoon season type weather (100+ degrees with 20% humidity). My face felt amazing and didnít feel like I even had a glob of moisturizer on. Itís also made my skin feel soft and makes it look anything but dull.

I do not have problematic skin so I typically donít wear any makeup when I step out of my house. So I was happy that this moisturizer made me feel dewy and had me glowing so that I didnít look like I really did just roll out of bed.

The packaging for me is great, I happy to like jar packaging because you can get every ounce out as opposed to bottles or squeeze tubes. Everyone complains about the sanitary issue but I use a q-tip to remove some out and dot it all over my face.

The only thing I did not like about this face cream is the smell. I had read a review about it smelling like paint/looking like paint and it was dead on. Itís a nude like color and it looks like paint and doesnít necessarily smell as strong as paint but it doesnít smell good (which was rare considering everything Iíve tried from the line has smelled awesome so far). Other than that Iíve been really liking using this cream so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by xvivifyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I definitely don't need an anti-aging product but I still love this. Even though the weather is super humid here, this manages to moisturize very well without greasing up on my face. A little bit goes a long way, so it's worth the price. Only negative is the smell, it reminds me of paint. But that disappears very quickly so it's not a problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! There's AHA in it and it doesn't sting my face at all! I only apply a small amount because too much can leave my skin looking super oily. I've used it for 2 weeks straight now and have not had any problems with it. My acne has decreased and the overall texture of my skin is looking brighter. Not a fan of the jar packaging, but I'm not complaining. I just shake it up and take whatever is in the cap.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by kmcartcart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this lotion! I bought it after reading the almost entirely positive reviews on MUA and drugstore.com. It has a light, fresh scent and I actually sort of like the jar packaging because it gives you a lot of control over how much you apply at a time. It also means you can use it down to the last drop!

After I cleared up my acne using a number of other products, I was looking for a lotion that would moisturize without leaving my skin oily. This definitely does that. I am also just now transitioning from winter into summer and it seems like it will be light enough for summer use as well. Highly recommended product all around!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by freakyface

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have only used this a couple of times but I really love it. I live somewhere really hot and so many moisturizers with SPF are greasy when I put them on and they get greasier as the day wears on. This one feels a bit heavy when I first put it on, but then it absorbs nicely and my skin looks dewy, not greasy. And in only two or three uses, the breakout I was recovering from has improved dramatically. I mean, big, yucky zits are practically gone in three uses. That is cool. I was going to go to Kohl's to get my uplifting moisture lotion with SPF 15, but that is more than twice the price of the Boots stuff, so I think I will wait to see how this stuff works out for me. It looks promising, though!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2008 4:14:00 PM More reviews by stitchnvixen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My weakness is Target. I love to browse the aisles, my husband freaks out because I spend 3+ hours there at a time. In the past few months I have been eyeing the Boots display, but with the exception of purchasing the Botanics Conditioning Clay Mask, I was a Boots virgin. Now, I am certainly trying to lessen my environmental impact these days and purchasing natural and organic products when I can, but alas, I am only woman. Those vials and shiny bottles call to me! I reasoned that the Boots Naturals line was a sort of compromise between my ideals and my product lust. It makes me feel better to think that anyway.

I took the plunge and purchased two eyeshadows and this face cream. The winter here has been wet and snowy, dry and cold and windy. My skin is starting to scream help a little. I have sensitive skin issues, a little bit of redness here and there, and occasional breakouts. I find in the winter that if I don't deeply moisturize and exfoliate very regularly I get clogged pores, oily patches and dry patches. I recently started using Suki velvet face lotion (correct name?) but really that is much too light for me. It almost works more like a serum and might be fine in the summer, but not this time of year. I really needed to find something else. I am just a couple of days into using this so I may need to revise my rating, but so far things are going well.

Boots touts this as being the solution for aging skin, with replenishing moisturizers and botanical-based AHAs for skin renewal. You really only need to use this cream sparingly, I mean even a fingertip's amount can almost be too much. The last day or two I have noticed a bit more shine and a breakout or two, but that might just be the exfoliants working. I notice the same effect when I use my retin-a micro more than a day or two per week. It has not irritated my sensitivity-prone skin and I do notice a healthy glow. There is moderate SPF protection from avobenzone and octinoxate, which can cause irritation for me sometimes, but so far I have not noticed any troubles. The box claims it smooths away fine lines and wrinkles, nothing so far but we'll see about that. I can say that it is highly moisturizing so maybe after a couple of weeks the aha will have purged my skin of all bad things and the extra moisturization will do wonders. I am still using the suki lotion first, I figure all those extracts and liposomes can't hurt in the long run.

ONE WEEK UPDATE: My skin is looking great! I really can feel that it is smoother and it appears a bit more even toned. Sometimes I am getting a slight tingle after applying this, but it's not strong and doesn't last once it is dried. I have been getting a few small breakouts but that is hormonal I'm sure and one thing I am noticing is that they are going away quickly, must be the aha's.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2007 2:12:00 PM More reviews by strapon

The product is marketed as an "anti-aging" product, I suppose. I bought this product accidentally, seeing as I'm 20 and look younger than I am, fighting age isn't really a concern of mine at all. Usually age creams are heavy, but this one is light an absorbs quickly. I have combination skin, and this did a great job at moisturizing the dry patches but not leaving the oily parts too shiny. I have moderately acne prone skin, but this, unlike many other age defying products did not irritate it at all, if anything I've seen a significant decrease in bumps and breakouts since I have started using this product.

The packaging can bring up some sanitary issues, but only use this with clean hands and a clean face, it shouldn't be a huge issue.