April 17, 2014 | 1724 users online

Mascara - Ready To Wear - Lash Extensions

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I could kick myself for falling for this stuff again. I first tried this several years ago, and no matter what I did, could not get the product to apply without major eye discomfort. After a few weeks of trying this on and off with different mascaras, it got tossed to the back of the drawer (and eventually thrown out). Fast-forward several years, and I'm reading the glowing reviews of this product here on MUA. After reading the reviews & their application tips, I also went on the HSN website & watched the video on this. I was sold, and blamed myself that it must be my application technique(s) that were at fault the first go-round with this stuff. I bought the combo pack of the Fab lash mascara and the fiber extensions (once again). After reading all the tips here and watching the demo video, plus with my years of experience in doing my own falsies and extensions, I really felt confident that I could manage this application. Apparently not. It's 8:30AM and I'm at my desk, I have about half of my eyeliner left from my painful eyes watering nonstop since applying this product this morning at around 6:15AM. I cannot describe the discomfort; it's actually worse than I remembered it, and yes, I followed the tips here & in the video, and no, I'm not a contact lens wearer. The downright-wicked glue that smells like formaldehyde that my lash technician used to use for my extensions didn't even bother my eyes nearly this bad, and not nearly for as long. If I didn't have an hour commute each way, I would probably go home & flush my eyes out & re-do my eye make-up over my lunch break, it's that bad. It hurt like he** before I even left the house this morning, but in using a hand mirror, I could not even see where the problem was; I gently used a Q-tip to pull back my lower lid where the pain seems to be, and I couldn't even see where the problem was in order to fix it! So frustrating. And for what: lashes that looked slightly thicker for about 5 minutes, and on the ends, they looked like tarantula legs (fuzzy). Forget about "practicing" with this stuff; I'll happily use the glue for falsies or extensions or risk life with lame lashes with mascara only. This stuff is getting returned.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by SarahCosProf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was expecting so much from this product considering how much it cost. The teeny tiny fibers got everywhere (my face, my eyes, my lips, eww?) This product made my eyes itch more than I have ever itched before! I had to take it off right away, and I had to literally pick fibers from my lower eyelid. Once I messed with this product a few times, I started to get better results. My lashes looked like false lashes without the hassle of glue! I personally don't think it is worth the itching and burning to have great looking lashes in the name of beauty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got sucked into buying this while I was home recovering from surgery. I was watching HSN & saw the demo & was like " I gotta get this!" (I also got the mascaras which are awesome...will review separately).
This stuff is pretty messy, but it works so amazingly! My lashes looked extra long, extra, extra thick, yet fluttery, not clumpy.
This does get little black fibers on your face when you're putting it on, but you can use a cotton ball or a makeup brush to dust it off. It comes off easily. Another reviewer recommended putting this on while looking down into a hand mirror. This works great & almost no fibers get on my face when I do it this way. Still, I would recommend you put this on before you put on the rest of your makeup, including any moisturizers or primers, as it tends to stick more to these & doesn't dust off as easily. I don't think this would be a good product if you wear contacts. As someone who used to wear contacts, I could see this being a nightmare for contact wearers.
I've used Urban Decay's Eyelash Primer Potion & while that is so much neater, I can't stand that it's white (makes it hard to cover) & I don't think it works anywhere near as good as this does.
Definitely would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by cdmaples

This is such a great product. Don't get discouraged if the first time you use it, you have trouble. I do multiple layers of this with my mascara but my final coat is a clear mascara. Clear mascara is perfect to seal this product on my lashes. I also apply it with my eyes almost closed so then I don't get any in my eyes since I do wear contacts. The attention I have received because of my eyes recently has been great and I know it is because of this product. Just practice first, don't apply this in a hurry and you will love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by nbxcarib

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I never review anything because basically I am not a makeup gal.
However, this product is AMAZING!!!
As I've gotten older my lashes (never long or full to begin with) have become sparse, and much lighter. This product (in combination with Latisse) gives me drop dead gorgeous lashes. Even my husband well known in the family for NOT noticing noticed!!! This is my very first HG m/u product!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by xpatheticxlove3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It's cheaper than Raipid Lash and it looks like I have false lashes on every time i wear it !

Check out my review here.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by miki08

It really works! It lengthens, it volumizes, it darkens. Works well with any mascara. Put your mascara first, then put his, and put another layer of mascara. The fibers that fall on your cheeks can be easily removed with a brush. Get the effect of false eyelashes without actually wearing falsies. Great innovation!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by suzene

OK LADYS!! HERE IS THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH! If you use this product correctly you will be amazed. I have people all the time asking if I wear false eyelashes, my lashes are sparce and puney. I have low thyroid so they fall out and grow back short . I have always had small lashes. DONT buy this product if your not going to take some time with it, its new for you and it is not like mascara, you have to work it.
This FLIPPEN WORKED!! After I used this product for about 6 months, I purchased RAPID LASH, I swear to you my lashes are hitting my brows, and with the Ready to Wear product, it is so beautiful. I like my eyes, now, I feel youthful and pretty. Keep in mind Rapid Lash ( got it at CVS) is a bit pricy, and it took about 3 -4 weeks before I said OMG those are my lashes,
MAKE SURE YOUR EYELASHES ARE CLEAN......

1. Use WATER PROOF mascara (yes i know hard to remove, use oil base make up remover, this is the only way your eyelashes will hold the curl) Hopefully your curling, not bending your eyelashes.

2. DO NOT put your foundation on first, you can use conceler, I do..

3. Use a HEATED eye lash curler, not bender CVS has a little eyelash heater that CURLS those puney lashes, you have to TAKE YOUR TIME to achieve the nice curl, then you use your regular eyelash bender (curler) on the very root just quickly to give it some umph!!

4. Once you have prepred your eyelashes, and make sure your LASHES ARE CLEAN!!

5. Use water proof mascara I use the yellow lash blast I think by cover girl it is the fat round one, WATER PROOF.

6. Wipe the mascara brush so it is not to thick full of mascara, then coat your eyelashs, very very important, from root to tip, just coat once or twice you dont want your lashes to clump, try one slow stroke from root to end get every lash,

7. use the ready to wear, same from root to end, but dont clean brush, just apply from root to end.

8. Masara again, make sure the mascara brush is not full and clumppy with mascara, then appy same way.

9. if you dont see a drastic differnce do the same thing again... IF YOUR NOT SEEING A DIFFERNCE, YOU ARE APPLYING THE PRODUCT WRONG.... AND REMEMBER IF YOU DONT USE WATER PROOF MASCARA YOUR EYELASHES WILL NOT, NOT , NOT STAY CURLED. Beauty takes time, its worth it, THIS PRODUCT HAS CHANGED MY LOOK , SO MANY PEOPLE ASK ME DO YOU HAVE FALSE EYELASHES ON, NEVER IN MY LIFE HAS ANYONE ASKED THAT, AND THEY LOOK NATUAL

10. clean the little fibers off your face, use a warm wet wash cloth. make sure to give your lashes one last coat, so no more hairs fly,

11. apply your foundation and off you go..

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Amykakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ehhh....well I bought this based on the reviews here. I thought it would work wonders but unfortunately it doesn't really do much for me! Naturally, my lashes aren't super long or thick, they are just average. But they are really dark, maybe that has something to do with not being able to tell much of a difference with this. It definitely is messy when applying it though that is for sure! I really don't think I would repurchase unless they was a big sale on them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Nikkilici0us

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I am, personally, a fan of these lash extensions. I have used the Talika ones in the past and was not impressed, so I was reluctant to try these. Let me start by comparing the two. The Talika fibers are larger, darker, and more coarse, while the Ready to Wear extensions are finer, shorter, and much softer. This alone makes the RTW extensions much easier to use. When I would use the Talika extensions, I would have fall-out onto my cheeks throughout the whole day and people would constantly be telling me that I had hairs on my face. Not a good look! So far, I haven't had that problem with the RTW. You are meant to sandwhich the fibers in between 2 or more coats of mascara. For contact wearers, try closing the eye slightly before putting the fibers over your first coat of mascara. This should help minimize the amount of fibers that might fall into your eyes. However, I haven't experienced discomfort with fibers in the eye with the RTW (I did experience this with Talika). These do give my lashes a longer, fake lash look. If you are more of a natural mascara girl and do not like the fake lash look, you will NOT like the effect that these fibers give. With that said, they do take a little bit of manipulation to make sure they are applied evenly and unclumpy. If you are willing to work with them, then they will give you fuller, longer lashes. However, as others have mentioned in previous reviews, I'm sure there are primers out there that give a similar effect for much less work. Me... I'm a little bit ridiculous and love lashes, so I use primer AND the extensions! but both in moderation. In the end, I would say these are worth a try.