September 22, 2014 | 2049 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - HiP Shocking Shadow Pigment - Exciting

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by giainjersey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Such a nice soft pink Duo Chrome wears well but can have fall out if you don't tap off well or use wet. I find itt looks weird to my against my yellow under tone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a light gold and pink duochrome loose eyeshadow. I bought it on sale at Rite Aid for $3 but I ended up returning this and getting MAC Motif instead. I love duochromes but the L'Oreal pigment was just too cool for my warm undertones. When I applied it, the vanilla gold color just disappeared and all I saw was purplish-pink sparkles instead of a gold-pink duotone shimmer like MAC Motif. I also didn't like that the L'Oreal eyeshadow settled into lines and made my eyelid look dry and crepey. Motif is much softer and more finely milled. Exciting is a pretty color- it just wasn't for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by lilaleahg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

At first, I didn't know why everyone kept saying this is pink. When used dry, this is actually a very light yellow color, so light that it nearly becomes translucent when applied.

But when sprayed, it becomes a charmingly sweet pink baby flush. One so light that, once again, it barely shows against my cool NW20 skin.

This pigment is great for creating big doe eyes. I love sweeping it across my lids and over my crease, enhancing my natural eye shape while leaving a flawless finish.

As for staying power, without a primer, the color fades and seems to come off. It's hard to explain. I guess it's because the color is so sheer, you can't really see the coloration of the pigment.

On top of a primer though, "Exciting" seems to last me around five or six hours of joy and beauty.

The only con I have with this cosmetic is that the packaging makes this product to be just a bit messy.

Whenever I try applying it, there's always yellow-toned bits of fall out left splattered contrasted against my cheeks. Or when I try to screw the lid back on and yellow bits fumble out.

I don't know if this fall-out has to do with the actual product itself, or just loose shadows in general as it seems every loose-product I've ever owned seems to have this problem.

But either way, because of the fall-out, I recommend people to take their time and to carefully put this on so it won't look like you screwed Tinkerbell.

Would I get this again? Probably. I wouldn't pay full price for it, but I would gladly search around for it in a clearance isle bin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2010 7:55:00 AM More reviews by lazypile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty opal white/pink duotone. I've only tried it as a wash on my lid so far so I have yet to experiment with color combos, but this would probably make a pretty highlighter for a dramatic look. The pink flash is pale but intense.

This didn't crease with primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 1:41:00 AM More reviews by pinkstuff

I bought this because it was on sale for $5. it looks like a very light pink but when you apply it, its darker, more like a light hot pink. i really like it. the packaging looks kinda cheap, but who cares. and you get a brush with it too! so im happy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is similar to MACs pink opal but i don't love it as much. i think ill spend the extra $7 for MAC but in the mean time ill use this up but wont repurchase unless in a pinch.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by morganito

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am so sad to see this have such a low rating, I have 7 of the pigments from HIP, I am to cheap to buy the ones from mac. Especially cause I don't use them very often, but when I do it's usually this one, I find it pretty close to my MAC seedy pearl, which I am almost out of, the are a bit different, but I use them the same, as a highlight for my pink and purple looks, it has a pretty sheen to it, I like it a lot and will re purchase if I can find it for a good price ( I got mine from ebay for dirt cheap). It is pretty small, but since I don't use it much it will probably last me forever, I like the sifter on top it keeps me from wasting it and making a mess, and I like the little brush you get, when I am done with it I can put it in my make up bag in my purse it's small and soft.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2009 2:23:00 AM More reviews by jagermeister

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this thinking it could be a good brow highlight and was sorely disappointed. I don't know if it's that I'm very pale but, it's very sheer on me with an annoying pink duo-tone that I didnt notice till I got home. Had to really pack it on to get any white-ish color [yes i primed my eye before-hand]. I -do- hope to try the other pigments but I will not be buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by rainbodragon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

very pretty color but a little too sparkly for me. blends well, but the only thing i use it for is my tearduct so this will last me forever. EDIT just too sparkly! and the sparkle travels horridly, gave it away.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2008 6:48:00 PM More reviews by staceb1990

I wanted to try a pigment, but I didn't want to spend $20 on a mac pigment just to find out that I hated it. But, I really love it! Used with a primer it gives a really nice color that'll make you look awake. For an even brighter eye foil it. I probably won't buy again because the MAC pigments are more cost efficient. But if you're a newbie to pigments try this.