October 21, 2014 | 2074 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Expert wear eyeshadow- Nutmeg

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by adel78

Very pigmented eyeshadow. Blendable. Better than some high end e/s.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by newyork777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This eye shadow is fantastic, its a beautiful brown and can last on my eye lids as long as i put some powder first. I usually alternate between napoleon perdis and Maybelline, but sometimes with napoleon perdis the excess residue that falls under the eyes when applying can mark my face but that doesn't happen with Maybelline, the excess eyeshadow can be wiped off without marking under my eyes and making me look like I have dark circles.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by drivewayblues

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pretty sure this gem has been discontinued :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this eyeshadow - it is definitely a staple and must have. I use it every single day, and that says alot considering I switch up my foundation, blush, concealers, and everything else all the time - but this gets use every single day. Plus, I use it for THREE different purposes: Crease shade (goes with so many different color combos), under eye liner, and to fill in my brows. The color is a completely matte, dark "taupey" brown. The color shown on here isn't very accurate - the color in person is a little lighter brown (still dark tho) and has more grey undertones. I have dark hair and medium olive skin tone, but I could see this working on anyone. It will last me forever too... even though I have used it everyday for the last year, I have barely put a dent in it. It was well worth the $3.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by alg208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

i love this shadow! the packaging is kind of annoying, i've had this for awhile and it broke on me. the color is a gorgeous dark brown matte. i love this for filling in my eyebrows (close to my brow color) and using in my outer corner. the pricing is good, cheap. it's pretty pigmented and creates the perfect brown for a eyeshadow look. it's so beautiful for the eyes and is one of my go-to options for the eyes and the brows.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by CharacterofLife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow & finally. This is a rich brown matte color with the best texture I have ever felt in an eye shadow. It's very buttery and smooth and I find that I want to keep rubbing and say "buuuuutttttttttttttery", but I stop myself. I've been looking for a way to softly but definitely define my eyes. This color defines the very well and it does it softly without looking harsh. *For Sensitive Eyes* When I've tried using other eye shadows to define my eye (right at the lash line and I apply with a damp standard eye shadow pad) they always cause irritation. I just started buying some Maybelline powder eye shadows and noticed that my eyes never watered or acting irritated in anyway. I also love Tastefully Taupe, Mocha Motion, Earthly Taupe... not taupe in any way but a great buttery blending color, and a few others. Maybelline must have changed their formula? Back in the day they were at the same level as CoverGirl. If you haven't tried Maybelline eye shadows in a few years, or decades give them a try. I suggest trying the one's I wrote of because they have been surprisingly wonderful!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by hlovespearl

When I first swatches this eyeshadow... I was a shocked!!!! It is like touching a super smooth cream eyeshadow. I have never found anything this creamy and smooth. Words cannot even describe the texture of this eyeshadow. The color is a beautiful brown/plum matt color. I am so completely obsessed with this color!!!! It looks really great with taupes that have a plum like undertone. I really want to try more of the matt formulas from this line to see if they are as FANTASTIC as this one!!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by darlingvikki2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Last week I went to the MAC counter at Macy's and was trying to get a nice rich matte brown. I saw a couple but none of the drag queen-esqe ladies were helping me. They were too busy making 15 year olds look like drag queens as well. Anyway, so I left and continued my quest for this specific matte brown. Little did I know that when I stopped by at Target last night for toilet paper, that my coveted perfect matte brown was in the Maybelline section at Target. I LOVE THIS COLOR! I tried it on this morning and it is very pigmented and just what I was looking for. Lately I've only been buying makeup from Urban Decay, Benefit, and NARS, and have completely ignored the drugstore. With a good primer, any drugstore eyeshadow can last. This Maybelline eyeshadow was $2.94! Great color, even greater price. Never going back to the clowns/drag queens for eyeshadow at MAC again!

15 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went to walmart last week (I live in the boonies and this is about the only place to browse makeup in person around here) hoping to find the Physician's formula matte quads. They didn't have them, big surprise, so I looked around for something else to fill the bill. I ended up getting this and tastefully taupe (which is great for it's not super shimmery) to wear together. Nutmeg is a great matte brown that I would recommend to anyone! It's just as good as anything HE I've ever tried and a perfect crease/liner shade. I love my UD naked palette but the colors are so shimmery that sometimes they look a little too obvious so I reach for my DS Maybelline/Covergirl/WnW eyeshadows so much more. Nutmeg is perfect and for $3...what more could you ask for? Highly recommend!!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The perfect truly matte brown. Great for the crease, and still looks natural on my NW10 skin. Easy to build color for a more dramatic look. No fallout!

Seriously, buying a more expensive matte brown is just wasting money. This is just as good as any high end brand.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No