July 28, 2014 | 1614 users online

Lipstick - Smashbox - Charming

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

This doesn't look anything on me like it looks in the picture for this on this page. (Unfortunately.) If you have medium to deeply pigmented lips, this probably will not show up on you at all. For $22, this is sorely lacking in pigmentation; however, I do find it quite moisturizing. What it really is: it's a very expensive lip balm.... and that's all. If you want more color payoff, I find Palladio's herbal tinted lip balm in the color "Champagne" to be a MUCH better choice-- and you could probably buy about 5 of them for the price of ONE Smashbox Charming! Save your money, girls! Go for the Palladio!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by yuigi

This is my go to nude colour. It has a semi-frosty tone to the colour, but it is gorgeous and smells absolutely divine.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2011 6:23:00 AM More reviews by nhwhazup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this product and did love the texture and moisturizing quality of the lipstick but for me the color is like wearing nothing at all. I am very fair with medium pigmented lips. This color was a washout.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2010 9:43:00 AM More reviews by guccigrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am not sure about the color, it has a peachy bronze tone to it and i don't like the shimmer at all. I think it would suit medium skin tones better than fair. it goes on very sheer and doesn't last long and i think it's way over priced, i mean for a few more bucks you can get chanel!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by crimrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is more brown-toned than I expected, but it does neutralize my lips - it's very pretty for that natural look. It has a bit of shimmer to it, which adds a bit of glitz to your boring, zombie-esque matte nude.

It looks very natural on me, almost as if I'm not wearing anything, which can be a good and a bad thing. It's not a glamourous shade, by any means, but I love that it isn't - goes well with a brown smokey eye for daytime, or a full-on black smoke for night.

The texture is creamy, and it maintains moisture pretty well. Overall I like this lipstick and I would be willing to try more Smashbox lipsticks in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2010 4:28:00 AM More reviews by bubblewarped

i really liked this at first but the more i wore it out and saw myself in it, the less i did. the color itself is nice, creamy nude with pink and peach, but the shimmery finish is just tacky and garish on me. it applies smoothly, feels nice, is moisturizing and lasts long enough, but i don't think the color is quite right for my yellow nc20 complexion... not to say it's not a great nude for cooler toned ladies.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by bjslice

Hands down, my absolutely favorite lipstick in the world. Everything about this lipstick is perfection - the formula is A+, it lasts but is non-drying and has a great sheen (not too flat ro too glossy), and the color is stunning. It somehow works as the ultimate neutral no matter whether I'm doing cool colors, warm colors, whatever. It works every time. Plus, the combo of the flawless formula and wonderful nude color make it so that I can actually reapply this one with no mirror (and I am fanatical about using a mirror to get the lip right, so that is really saying something...) Every time I go makeup shopping, I purchase a new tube so that I know I won't run out :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by julianno

This lipstick stays on for about 5 minutes.
Feels good on the lips.. smells nice..
Too expensive

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by mrsguido

I love this lipstick. It doesn't last all day but I didn't expect it to. The color is great and very natural.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the color I have been looking for for years. I love the color. I like neutral lips with very very minimal shimmer. This is perfect when it comes to color. I love the vanilla scent. I actually miss it when the scent fades. The only thing about this that I don't like is that the color does not last for more than 2 hours. The price is very high for something that does't last. I found that the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick 205 in Champagne is very similar, but too shimmery. If you are wanting a shimmery dupe at a cheaper price, then go with the Revlon version.
I added photo 3. For some reason the photo gives it a yellow tint. In person there is really no yellow to it.

Note: If you purchase this in the silver container, the color is much lighter than Charming in the black container. I really wish Smashbox had one specific color for Charming. I found out when I ordered 3 from 3 different retailers on ebay. I prefer the lighter color, but they both work well for me.