December 19, 2014 | 866 users online

Polishes - OPI - Russian Navy

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by ninachu8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite polishes for the fall and winter time. It's a gorgeous deep dark color that looks different under different lighting. It's super opaque and there have been times when I could have pretty much gotten away with just doing one coat if I wanted to. With one coat it looks more like a deep navy but the second coat really brings out the purple color and makes it look like a deep violet-blue. In sunlight you can see magenta colored shimmer and it's just a really complex and unique color. Perfect for anyone who loves darker polish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Waited to get this for far too long. I have never had so many people ask me what color this was before. It's a rich navy/purple that is pretty unique. It's just very intense and you cannot miss it when you see it.

Purple, blue, fuschia, and berry seem to flash at you when you wear this. This is a complex color and I still don't have a dupe out of the 500+ polishes I own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another great core line OPI color. This is a navy with red-purple micro shimmer. Formula is 2 coats to perfection.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by elixmia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far I love this color. It's dark blue, like I wanted, and sometimes it appears a bit purple. The biggest issue with the color is that you can really only see it under bright light, otherwise it looks like black. It also needed three coats to look even and shiny. Another issue is if you get it on your skin while applying it will be blue for awhile even when you use polish remover. Nonetheless I've kept this color, because I enjoy the shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by RedAngelWings

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OPI is absolutely amazing. It's the best polish I've ever used. It applies smoothly regardless of what color it is, or if it has glitter in it. It dries moderately fast. I love this stuff so much. The only thing I don't like about it is the price. So expensive! Well, even though this polish is pricey, I would recommend it to anyone who loves to paint their nails. This is good quality.
Russian navy is a navy blue color with a tiny bit of a deep purple shimmer. I believe this color would look good on all skin tones, and if you want to have dark nails, but not black, this is the polish for you. Just as a heads up for those who are thinking about buying it, the polish looks more purple in the bottle than it does on your nails. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by av315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't have many OPI polishes but this is my favorite of my small collection. The formula is a dream, it doesn't streak, doesn't chip, just kind of magically applies flawlessly, and one or two coats at most and you're set. It feels very elegant. I have OPI's Road House Blues and that one is so dark, it is hard to tell it isn't black. Russian Navy has more wow factor. The color when applied to the nails looks very different from the when the polish is in the bottle; I bought this thinking it would be a dark slightly shimmery purple but applied it's like a midnight blue with a hint of purple (I don't think "Russian Navy" really suits the color). Most photos online don't do it justice in my opinion. The color is gorgeous. I kept finding myself looking at my nails mid-conversation (rude!). Love this color!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by sensiblenails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is Russian Navy; a dark blue base with bright blue and fuchsia shimmer (that my camera has decided to eat). Application was like buttah and it was opaque in two coats. The perfect vampy blue for fall.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by jen5276

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just a beautiful inky navy blue, with red shimmer when held under a bright light or in the sun. I have had this on for about a week and no chipping just a little dulling, which was fixed when I refreshed the top coat. One of my favorite colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by twotwo1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first venture into a blue polish. Russian Navy is a dark navy with a high gloss shine. The blue shows in almost all light levels. In the bottle there is a bit of a purple shimmer. On the nail the shimmer is very subtle. It is only visible in bright sunlight. I would recommend this for any season, not just a "winter dark."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Despite looking somewhat purple in the bottle, this is a deep, inky, navy blue with just a hint of purple shimmer that only shows in the right light. It's quite a dark polish, and in some light, it looks nearly black.

If I'm careful, I can get a pretty even, opaque cover in one coat, but because I'm not always careful enough with the brush, I always end up doing two, which certainly gives full coverage and opacity.

One very nice thing about this polish is that I recently found out through experimentation that it works extremely well for nail stamping (i.e., Konad-style metal plates). That's a nice bonus, I think.

I do love this colour, and it works very nicely with my cool, pale skintone, but I do like dark polishes, and I wear them year round (none of this "only wear dark polish in winter" for me!). This is one I wear when I want a nice, deep, sophisticated polish that isn't black and isn't warm. This also works well under a surprising number of glitters, and adds a bit more colour/mood than a plain black would. Very versatile polish.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No