April 21, 2014 | 703 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Pro Lipstick - Show Orchid

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 5:17:00 AM More reviews by hishoney

This is one of my first MAC lipsticks, and I have to say, this is a lipstick for a fun-loving girl. It's bold! But wearable. I wore this in school and received lots of compliments. Since it's an amplified, it's a breeze to apply. It's creamy and very pigmented, and it's fairly hydrating and non drying to my lips. BUT for gals like me living in the Philippines who wants to try this color without the MAC price, try In2it's Pink Alarm. They're almost identical! Show Orchid is just a tad purpler while Pink Alarm is pinker, but same idea, same sheen.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by britishgal92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Show Orchid is absolutely stunning - my favourite MAC lipstick and one of my favourites in my collection. I wear it a lot for nights out and it makes me feel confident and pretty. There are plenty of dupes out there but for me the particular sheen and finish of this lipstick makes it special. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by daisyspirit4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my "YES Spring Has Ariived" announcement go to lippy. I have it prepped and ready on my vanity when the very final snowflake of winter was ,elted and the tulips I planted on my Yaya yard begin to bloom.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by TootsDiva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

Totally love this color. It is very opaque and just wears fab! Looks great against my dark skin and isn't drying on the lips. Totally recommend it. Check out me talking about purchasing this lipstick on my channel :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by emmiemc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really absolutely love this color. It's a super bright fuchsia, really strong out of the bullet, though it can be easily applied sheerly for those less bold. I'm NW20, though I feel pretty certain this is a color that would work well on anyone!

The texture is nice -- no dryness -- and it lasts well enough, probably 4 or 5 hours (without eating) before I feel like I need a touchup. It doesn't last through food or drink, but in my experience that's a lot to ask. Maybe I eat anti-lipstick foods, I don't know.

My new favorite thing to do with it is to layer it with Media, or any dark color, to get a slick, shiny dark plum (so perfect for fall!).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Notthatkindofdoctor

Switched from Impassioned (which is more corally) to this as my go-to bright-bright fuschia. It's in your face, but so flattering! Amazing with a subtle matte eye or a lightly shimmery nude eye.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

Show Orchid is definitely a cool-toned fuchsia pink lipstick with this gorgeous blue sheen. Itís incredibly bright, I think maybe the brightest hot pink lipstick I own. I love the finish (another amplified creme) and on my lips it applies smoothly and 100% opaque. The pigmentation is incredibly, surprisingly for such a cool-toned lipstick, it really suits medium-tan skintones. Itís long-lasting too, it lasts me through eating and drinking (great for nights out!) and fades to a stain on my lips that is still visible the next day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by fuzzysham

So
damn
worth
it.
I am so happy that I managed to snag this before pro products were available for everyone via the website. I first saw Show Orchid when Kelly Osbourne was wearing it in a photo shoot and I fell in love with it. I'm as pale as Kelly and I've got black hair so I knew it was going to look amazing, and it really does! The formula is really nice, it doesn't bleed so I don't have to use a liner ad it keeps my lips hydrated! Wouldn't hesitate to repurchase this one bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by amary18

Oh how I love this colour for my NC42/C6 skin in the summer time/for night time, evening looks.

My signature look has been referred to as "black hair, black dress/outfit...and PINK lips" thanks to snow orchid lipstick. What i love about this lipstick is that it doesn't bleed on me so I never have to worry about applying lipliner with it.

It's a gorgeous colour and I receive compliments every time I wear it!

Definitely will repurchase. I've had it for a year now and it feels brand new with each wear (I'm not an avid follower of make-up expirey dates) but I don't share my make up products so if it's just me using.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by NC11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For some time, I'd been looking for a bright bluish pink lipstick that would work with my fair skin and dark hair. I tried one fuchsia after another to no avail: each one made my skin look transparent. Then I tried Show Orchid and was it ever worth the trip to the MAC Pro store to get it!
In the tube it might seem ever so slightly neon but on the lips it has versatility and attitude, a vivacious pink with just enough blue to make one's teeth look whiter :) Try it!