April 19, 2014 | 1806 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Foxy matte eyeshadow

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Whew. I love this texture of Urban Decay Mattes. Mine is from the old formula line as a single, and also as apart of the Urban Decay Basics palette.

I love its texture, and the ability to blend with this formula. I use this colour as a blank canvas for my eyelid after priming with NARS Pro Prime.

It is a difficult shade to gauge. The lighter my skin gets, the less able I am to utilize this shade to its potential due to the blatant yellow tone of it. (I am approximately NC15-ish. MUFE 117 is my perfect match.)

It is a nice highlight for the brow for anyone who is NC25 or darker, and would be a decent match to the flesh of NC20. I think that an alternative for those who would like a more pink tone is the W.O.S. in the Urban Decay Basics, or MAC Brule for an even more neutral alternative. For a more similar in texture, but a neutral/lighter shade, MAC Blanc Type.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by madamshay

I adore Urban Decay's eyeshadow in the shade Foxy.

It's gorgeous, light matte color is great for many different things. Highlighting your brow bone is a great choice when using this beautiful eye shadow, but it is also a fabulous, natural looking all over the lid color. I recieved it as a gift in the Naked 2 palette (which, by the way, I am in love with) and I believe it has been my most used shadow in the entire palette. Would look great on a person with any complexion color, so I highly reccomend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by curlymom2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a palette that included Foxy and it was the color that I used up the quickest. When I saw that it was also sold in a single I bought one, assuming that it would be exactly the same as what was in my palette. Maybe I just got a bad one but even though it looks the same, the formula of the single seems very different. It is much drier and barely even gets on my eyeshadow brush, let alone my eyelids! So disappointed. Would love to know if anyone else has ever found a difference between a color in a palette and it's single version. Will ask a salesperson the next time I am in Sephora, but they will probably say they never heard if that before.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by dianaisabel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am nc35 and foxy looks so natural on my eyelids it really takes out the color of my veins. Thinking of buying backups. I recommend for girls that want a natural wash of color. Not something super pigmented

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by katharineb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Beautiful matte eyeshadow, in a creamy light yellow colour. I use it everyday in the inside corner of my eyes (tear duct area) to lighten dark shadows there. It could also be used as a highlight under the eyebrows. The only downside is the price: $22 at Sephora is expensive - if I could find a cheaper version, I would switch, but I have never found the exact colour in another company line.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by chupachups79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Texture of shadow - it's a matte but not chalky/dry/stiff at all. It's creamy and blends very easily into the skin.

Color - This is best for those who are looking for a very low profile browbone color. I use this all the time together with smoky/dark eye looks.

Really love the shadow formula and color!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by harrup

Sigh. I tried this colour any which way ( lid, inner corners, browbone) and for the life of me I don't understand just what it is supposed to do. It DOES'T highlight...in fact, it does absolutely nothing. I don't blame UD for this very strange product, I only blame myself for buying it and promptly losing the receipt. Regardless of what the sales assistant says, think REALLY hard before you buy this. And make sure you don't loose the receipt! Since there is a very high chance you will want to return it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received foxy with my Naked 2 pallet which I adore, but this shadow is just meh. The color is great and matches my skin perfectly, but the consistency is just very powdery. I find that it doesn't do the best job blending out my crease color. It does the job, but I won't go out and buy foxy when I hit pan in my pallet.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by valeeeriaaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite shadow from the naked 2 palette. Its a matte creamy yellow color . I like to use it as a blending color for when I want to soften up eyeshadows in the crease and outer corner . It works amazing for that . As a highlight I like it too . I tend to stay away from shimmery highlights as I feel they don't look good in me , and this shows up just enough and is matte which I adore . It is a bit powdery but easy to work with . I would repurchase the full sized if I run out .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

I am so surprised by the negative reviews for this product. This is one of my favorite finds from buying the naked2 palette. It is the perfect brow color for me, I love the subtle matte sheen, it's gorgeous. Its kind of off white yellow sheer shade contrasts with my dark eyes nicely. I like to use Mac's painterly underneath and it makes this color intensify. I also use a pink paint pot underneath it (girl friendly) and it comes out as the light pastel pink with the gorgeous whitish sheen. I think this color is very basic, and I can see how it may be too light to show up on some people, or if they wanted more pigment, as this is quite sheer. But these are the reasons I personally love it. I will definitely be repurchasing in an individual pan once the bit in the palette runs out.