NARS Luster

4.6

on 7/6/2015 12:36:00 AM

Both my sister and I think this is the most beautiful blush on the market. I have olive golden skin and she has a medium, warm skin tone and this looks divine in both. Finely milled shimmer and a beautiful apricot finish. Love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

When I went to Sephora to swatch it, the color was so beautifully pigmented. This is the type of blush that can pass as a highlighter as well. Of course, it was out of stock per usual. Ordered it online and when I received it, it was a huge disappointment. Not sure if I got a bad batch, but the color would not show up on my medium complexion. As much as I tried to build the color, it was nonexistent. This was not the Luster I swatched at the store. And for $30? No thanks, I had to return it. I did, however find a dupe for this blush. Purchased a Sephora blush in the shade Apricot Sheen. Better color payoff and much more inexpensive.

My absolute HG blusher. I have a yellow undertone/ a little olive complexion and this blush is so flattering. I see it being pretty flattering on most skin types as well. The colour is some sort peachy, coraly...apricoty awesomeness?? It is pricey but the NARS blushers usually last me quite a long time despite me using it everyday. I took off a lippie (actually pretty generous) because I kind of hate the packaging NARS uses for their blushers. I bought a few as backup and stored them in my drawer, but I noticed that now it's sticky to the touch? I'm not sure if other people have the same problem but perhaps they dont keep it long enough for that to happen. Anyway overall it's a terrific blusher that I would purchase always

on 2/3/2015 1:00:00 AM

I must admit, I have not gravitated towards blushes for a long time. More recently I've been obsessed with red lipsticks and anything Tom Ford. I digress. I saw Shameless Fripperies post a photo of Luster on her Instagram and being the puppet that I am, I go to my nearest Mecca to try it on. At first sight, I thought "that's it? What is so special?" But once I had it on my cheeks I was in love. It is best described as an apricot colour. Definitely leans more orange than pink which is a nice change for me. There is definitely shimmer but it's not obnoxious like its sister, Orgasm or Super Orgasm (or whatever it's called). It's very flattering on my NC30 Asian skin and stays on my cheeks for 7 - 8 hours before I notice any significant fading. It's quite sheer so you can definitely build on the colour or wear it more "naturally". Definitely a repurchase and recommended.

on 10/22/2014 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This blush is gorgeous!

For reference I have fair neutral skin tone, Auburn hair and blue eyes.

This blush gives a beautiful, lit from within, glow to the cheeks with a wash of golden color. It is not a bronzer or anything brown/muddy looking if your worried about that. Others have described the color better so I digress on that.

It's very buildable and I can't see it easily going anywhere near clown face with this. No fear.

Yes, NARS blushes are expensive, but they last forever! I've been wearing Orgasm since it first came out and am not even close to hitting pan. Definitely worth the money. They go on perfect, pigmented, not powdery or cheap at all.

on 5/31/2014 3:42:00 AM

Review update: 18th June 2015

This pairs amazingly well with MAC's Golden Bronzer. I wore it for my birthday yesterday on a date, it looks amazing. I guess it's because both products have a golden undertone. If anyone has both products but has not tried both together, try it. Highly recommended, beautiful combination.

------------------------------------------------------

<3<3<3 this blush. In the pan it looks nothing special, rather lack Luster (pun intended).

Somewhere in between dabbing the product in the pan and complete blending, it transforms itself into the most gorgeous soft golden-apricot colour that gives me a beautiful pop of colour to my fair skin. It surprised me the most, wasn't expecting it to be as beautiful as it is. This is kind of like the underdog of all my blushes for me, the one you least expect to like or win you over, but it has even more so than Orgasm. This is a classic case of 'don't judge by first appearances, they can be deceptive'. Should I ever hit pan, I most definitely will repurchase.

on 4/13/2014 8:30:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Luster is just absolutely my favorite everyday blush color. For the record, I am somewhere in between NC10 and NC15, so quite pale. Luster looks really sort of boring in the pan, but on your cheeks it just transforms into the perfect natural looking peachy pink with a nice shimmer that doesn't look artificial or sparkly. This is especially nice because it almost works as a subtle highlight as well. The only downfall is the usual with NARS (packaging) but also per usual with NARS, it's worth it for the product.

on 3/29/2014 12:28:00 AM

FAVOURITE BLUSH OF ALL TIME. I own six other nars blushes. Luster is my favourite, however does not go with every makeup look. So I would recommend this one and pink based blush like deep throat or orgasm as well. I barely use the others and I definitely haven't touched my eight mac blushes since purchasing nars blush. What a waste.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am a peach blush addict and I am so happy to have this in my collection after nearly a year of lusting (no pun intended!) after it. This is a gorgeous warm apricot with gold shimmer; it's absolutely stunning. Really brightens my face and you don't need to add an highlighter with this because it is so luminous on its own. Smooth texture, easy to blend, fabulous pigmentation, and lasts alllllll day.

on 1/30/2014 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is too light for my skin and barely shows up. I was disappointed with it for my skin but would recommend it for very fair skin.

Top Rated NARS Products