Clinique Touch Base For Eyes in Nude Rose

3.3

on 1/30/2008 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I do not like this as a shadow base. It's too dry, it has to be dragged across my lid, and even though I stored it carefully, it dried out in the compact. macy's replaced it for me but it again dried out in the compact, leaving me to believe its relative lack of moisture is to balme, both for the drag on my lids and for its poor shelf life. I threw the replacement away and look elsewhere for shadow bases.
Right now using Neutrogena but that is a separate review.

on 7/19/2007 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this as a base and it works wonderfully. I have those kind of eyelids where eyeshadow just doesn't go on smoothly and it never lasts. With this, my eye shadow stays put and I rarely get any creasing. This is the only cosmetic item that I will spend money on. I love it.

on 4/23/2005 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this cause I have a big problem with my shadow and eyeliner staying put. I am not impressed with this product. My shadow still ends up clumping, although it does help a bit with my liner. I just dont think it's worth the price.

on 3/25/2005 11:34:00 AM

The touch base eye shadow is a great foundation for any eye shadow. It really keeps your eyeshadow in place. This item can also be used as a concealer. You can dab a little under the eyes and on blemishes. Just be careful to keep the compact closed otherwise the product will dry up. This is an item that I will continue to buy.

on 6/24/2004 10:15:00 AM

I have this in a few colors but my latest was nide rose. I wasn't very impressed with this at all. First off, like all of the others, you must use this one pertty fast as it will dry up, even if you keep the lid closed. Secondly, i thought this would be more shimmery and multi-reflective, but instead its really matte. I use this as a base under other pink-toned shadows, but on its own, it does really nothing for me, and barely shows up, even on my light complexion. Pick another color, this just doesn't do it for me.

on 5/17/2004 1:46:00 AM

Like all the touch bases, this is worthless because it dries out so fast. However, it IS a great color, and Clinique should think of a way to rehab their Touch Base product, FAST.

on 3/7/2003 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like this product. the color is very pretty and it really does help to keep your eyeshadow on. Great product.

on 3/4/2003 5:38:00 PM

This is much too pink for me, or anyone I would imagine. Its like an eyeshadow on its own- the color seeps through anything I put over it. As far as its ability to provide a canvas for eyeshadow- it does its job
quite effectively. I'd probably purchase this again, but in a much more neutral tone!

on 5/4/2002 5:38:00 AM

This is my holy grail e/s base. I use this before my e/s for lasting color all day long. My e/s & liner will not fade or crease! This color is a light neutral biege/pink color. Stunning color for brow or lid.