October 25, 2014 | 1820 users online

Eye Primer - Clinique - Touch Base For Eyes in Canvas

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I truly am a makeup junkie and I love to try new products, so there are only a few items I repurchase. That said, I've been using Touch Base canvas for well over 12 years. I've occasionally tried other eye primer/bases and I've also tried other colors (Canvas Light-which has frost in it; Uplighting), but I always come back to Touch Base Canvas. It is just enough coverage to even out my eyelid skin tone, which makes my shadow go on 'truer' to its color, and my shadow stays without creasing all day long...literally morning to night.

As others have noted, it does dry out quickly, so I always get some on my finger, then close the compact while I put it on. This makes quite a bit of difference; tho I'm looking forward to trying the misting trick another member posted, too.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by SallyB20

I thought I would love this base but after I applied it on my eyelids it was chunky and hard to blend, even when I would put it on my finger tip the product was so chunky, I tried applying another eyeshadow on top to see how it would look but made my eyelids look very wrinkly and not makeup approved !! I would not purchase this again !

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by ngoodsite

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i like the idea of the product but because of allergies I need to know the ingredients and they are not available to the consumer. I find that odd. If there are certain oils that I can't use I would like to know instead of having to test on myself.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Lankaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok this is the best shadow primer - makes the shadow color brighter and NO creasing ...... BUT it dries out quick. Too quick - but I like it so much I don't care - here's the ultimate trick that will make it last double the amount of time - after you buy it, while still at the clinique counter, open it up , take off the foil and then go to the tester unit and find the ' moisture surge facial spray' and spray it into the little compact. Close it up and take it home. This really keeps it moist longer. I promise. ( I used to work for clinique)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by amandaeclark

My absolute go-to primer. Perfectly matches, so I can use it all the way up to my brow. It conceals the broken cap I have in one eyelid that will otherwise show thru a powder eyeshadow. Has good staying power. I know some others like the clear primers, but as I am also trying to conceal I prefer this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by hailsp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was the very first makeup product I ever repurchased. I love it!
Like a lot of the other reviews I read however, I hate how fast this product dries. I have had some that are wonderful, and seem to last until I'm scraping the bottom, and others I toss half way through.
I especially like this product because of all the different ways I use it. I can use it just as a cream to powder shadow, a shadow base, and some times if I'm in a hurry, a swipe under my eyes and it works as a concealer as well!
The only thing I would change is how fast it dries out, which I feel is probably due to the packaging (hence the rating of 3)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 7:26:00 AM More reviews by Kdids520

I bought this on a whim bc my UDPP has been failing me terribly lately. I absolutely love this. It goes on smoothly, covers any redness/veins on my eyelids, helps my eyeshadow blend very smoothly, and keeps it on all day.
I did follow some reviewer tips and kept the foil seal on a little bit, but so far I haven't had any problem with it drying out. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by icloverbby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think the quality of this base is inconsistent (hence the 1 lippie off). The first time I had this, the quality is superb: the base was creamy, easy to blend and apply and really binds onto the shadow for me. Unfortunately, it was not the case when I purchased a second one (after I used up the 1st one, that was how much I liked using it), this second one I bought was hard to get on my brush (hard bristle brush), using my finger I could not get enough unless I "dig" into it. But it is still easy to blend on my lids, it's just incredibly difficult to get the product onto my brush/finger - frustrating.

I noticed some people I know complained about it drying up fast. I never had that problem. But then I always stick back that sticker/cover after I use it to help with sealing in moisture and I keep it away from hot/dry places and store it in a cool (and dry) place.

I don't think I will get another one and I'm currently on the hunt for a better eyebase.

(at least the packaging is cute - love the mirror too)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by oonaghst

I don't use as a primer but as a neutral eyeshadow. I apply with my finger, whack it on and smooth it out. That's it apart from lashings of mascara. If I notice any creases (minimal) later in the day, I just wipe my finger over it and all is well. I find it brightens up my eyes and is an excellent 'no makeup' look, and it's just sooo easy!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by pothon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on all the reviews and I hate it. It was impossible to get a swip of the product on to my finger and when I do its a chunk that I have to smear on my eyelids. Its even harder to spread it on my eyelids without having bits of it just sitting on top. Its not a liquid or a cream but more of a cake form? I dont know but its just terrible. I threw it away.