Kerastase Bain Prevention

4.3

on 8/28/2015 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Kerastase you´ve hit the nail with this shampoo, this is exsactly why you are the best brand in the world. I was about to loose hope cause the other shampoos from kerastase have been letting me down lately. They have been drying on my hair and leaving residue. So since the elasto curl, wich is unfortunatly discontinued, this one is the best shampoo from kerastase. It leaves my hair soft and shiny but still with volume. And it´s suppose to prevent hairfall and benefit the scalp, I mean, what more can you ask for? And the smell of this, is not to strong like many other kerastase products, it just smells like engels are singing. This shampoo and the initialiste leave in - are amazing hairproducts, and they work wonders together.

on 9/3/2014 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I would totally buy this product again!!! A couple of months ago I started losing a lot of hair. Every time I showered i was losing an absurd amount of hair... I heard about Kerastase but I had never tried it so I decided to give it a shot (btw I switched from Pantene to Kerastase). I've been using it for a month and a week and I am not losing that much hair anymore ... It's a miracle worker... It's kind of pricey but you can combine it with a drug store conditioner and it still works great! Great product !

on 2/23/2012 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am very, very happy with this shampoo.
A while ago I was diagnosed with thyroid problems and put on meds. About a week after I started taking the pills my hair started coming out in handfuls. Over six month I lost about 1/4 of my hair. I am lucky that I had very thick hair to start with but even with my hair the difference was starting to become noticeable.
Out of desperation I bought this shampoo. The price is very high and to be honest I was sceptical, although I use hair masks and other products from this company - I mean, how much can a shampoo really help?
Boy was I wrong! After just 2 washes my hair loss stopped completely. I no longer wake up with my pillow covered in hair each morning!
I am more than willing to pay this much for the effect I got.
The only negative thing that I have noticed, is that it tangles your hair terribly. No way you can get by without a good conditioner.

on 8/27/2011 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this shampoo for a couple of weeks. I recently cut my hair off because it was so damaged and I want to grow it back without having to color it or use heat anymore, I thought this was a good shampoo to invest in to help keep my hair and scalp healthy whilst it's in the process of growing it back. Well I can say that it cleans the hair and scalp very well without leaving any residue, however, even though my scalp feels clean it can be very drying to the hair! It leaves my hair feeling stripped and bit rough as I have thick and dry hair naturally. I found using a good conditioner or mask afterwards solves this problem but it would've been nice to use one from the same line and unfortunately they do not have one. I can't comment if it keeps my hair from falling because I haven't noticed anything from this point. Does it make hair grow faster? No, but it'll help it grow back healthier as the scalp isn't being suffocated by product overloads. Will I purchase again? No! I don't like the texture it leaves my hair in and I don't really have issues with falling hair at this point so maybe it's not for me.

on 1/10/2011 10:23:00 PM

I have been toying with the idea of splurging on a Kerastase shampoo for a while, I'm a huge fan of Pureology, another luxury haircare line, but had heard nothing but rave reviews about Kerastase, so I bought the Bain Prevention and I am so glad I did. It's a wonderful, high lathering formula with a unique smell that has grown on me. My hair always feels thicker and looks glossier after I use this. Love!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This was recommended to me at the salon the last time I got a trim. It leaves my hair feeling clean and I like the smell. I have noticed a lot of new baby hairs coming in and less hair falling out in the shower so it must be working.

UPDATE 1.21.11
Over the holidays I was visiting family and I didn't use this for a few weeks and my hair started falling out in the shower again like it did before I used this. I started using it again when I got home and within a few days I was losing less hair like normal. Moral of the story: take this with me wherever I go.

on 8/11/2009 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely agree that this shampoo mainly stands out because it cleans the hair well and doesn't leave a residue that would coat the hair and leave the scalp oily. The scent is nothing special. Overall a nice shampoo for hair that is not too much on the dry side.

on 1/14/2009 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like all Kerastase range,but I find that Kerastase shampoos are a little bit heavy and makes my sculp greasy,except this one.So I do this : I wash my hair scalp with Bain Prevention,but my dry ends with some other Kerastase shampoo.I do this because this shampoo doesn't have much nourishing properties like all the others Kerastase shampoos,so it DOESN'T make my scalp oily and that's why I love this shampoo so much.But how did I get to this idea?Well,once I've had problems with hair loss,so I bought this one for that reson at first,and I can tell You that after a few mounths of using it,my hair stopped to fall out.I bealive this stopped my hair loss.So I continued to use this shampoo afterwards,because of reason I mentioned above and I'm pretty happy with it.

on 10/6/2008 6:38:00 AM

my ex had started to lose hair a lot due to stress, unbalanced diet and unhealthy lifestyle in addition to inheritance from his father. however, his hair condition has dramatically improved since he started using this shampoo. both of us noticed the new hair grown at the front of his head. even after we'd broken up, i still keep getting this for him & he loved it! :)

on 6/3/2008 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this shampoo as my hair has been falling out from the root for 6 months now...

It's a nice shampoo and I re-purchased it 3 times, however I don't think it helped with preventing the hair falling out.

I stopped using it only a few weeks ago because it was starting to build up on my hair and not cleaning it as well anymore.

I probably won't re-purchase because it didn't do what i bought it for (helping the hair loss).

Top Rated Kerastase Products