April 21, 2014 | 1506 users online

Brows - NYX - Eyebrow Cake Powder - Taupe/Ash

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by morganwoodley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have black/brown hair, green/grey/blue eyes but naturally blonde with brow colour that fits bother dark and light shades. The lighter colour works perfectly to bring them out but not look to drawn on. If I feel like standing out a bit more I will add a little bit of the dark on top. You can mix to make your perfect colour if they don't have it already. It also comes with a gel to stick those crazy hairs in place.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Youhaveabigbut

This product is perfect .

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by strangelove_addiction

I have black hair, dark brown eyes, and an Asian NC30 skin tone. This works perfectly.

I dab a little wax on my brows to tame them and help the powder stick, then use an angled eyeliner brush to define the arch along the bottom of my brow with the ashy taupe shade. Then I fill in the rest of the brow. I've almost run out of wax, but think the powder will be fine to apply without wax too.

The ashy taupe is a great neutral/cool shade. I find the other taupe (more of a dark brown) a little warm, but do use a little bit on occasion, mixed with the ashy taupe, when I want to darken my brows.

For $6-8 CAD, this is easy to apply, looks natural, and lasts all day. I prefer this over eyebrow pencils (which need to be brushed out to prevent the sharpie eyebrow look), liquid pencils (too fake looking), or eyeshadow.

I didn't like the little tools that came in the kit because they are a little too small to be ergonomic, plus I like my brows to look very defined and the little brush isn't fine enough for that, but they do work. Would definitely recommend and buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by gemmaj

This is a product a use every single day. I love this brow powder duo. The shades are on point: I personally use the lighter one and sometimes the darker if I feel like going all out. I have dark blonde hair and my sister has dark brown hair and we both use it. So it works for a lot of different shades. I've never used the wax in there not really my thing I prefer a clear brow gel to set it and with that I lasts all day :-) Absolutely love this, the spooly that comes with it is also very handy. Well done nyx!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by aleshoane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I spent $22 on Benefit's Gimme Brow to find out this odd beauty conclusion - my face feels so very unbalanced with strong eyebrows. Cara Delevigne makes it work for her - but alas, I find myself startled whenever I walk out with strong eyebrows to the point where I thought it was going to be a distraction. So while I didn't consider it a waste of money (it is still usable with ample strokes of a clean spoolie brush), it made me realize that sometimes moar =/= better. Fo realz.

This product, however, is fantastic for soft definition. Used with a synthetic angled brow brush for an even softer effect, the color is great for Asian girls who have naturally black hair. I considered splurging on Shu Uemura's brow pencil, but c'mon. This is $6, easily located in the USA, annnnnnnd doesn't need sharpening. Did I also mention it lasts forever (on both the face AND pan)?

How I use it: Depends on my mood, but either color works for me. I don't use the wax personally because I prefer using clear brow gel first, and then drawing short strokes in between gaps of my eyebrows.

I doubt that this product would suit those with very sparse eyebrows - this is probably better suited towards those who already have full brows that just need a little bit of definition rather than actual product that imitates the look of hair. For those circumstances, I would recommend MUFE's Aqua Brow - now those suckers were designed for figure skaters and ballroom dancers (aka - certified waterproof AND sweatproof).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Staaarlit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Performance -- Awesome, superb, perfect. The powder is my main focus here, not the wax. I could care less for the wax, but it is a fun and useful component to have for times when I don't feel like adding any color or depth to my brows. The wax is great for that well-groomed look; it's also great for anyone with thick brows/lots of brow hair and want to keep them as natural as possible. The powder duo is great for adding dimension and color. Without regard to the price, this product truly delivers to beautify the brows.

This duo set seems to fit well with both cool and warm undertones. I even bought one for my mom, who has black hair and light/medium skin tone with warm undertones. It seems to fit her naturally. One thing I do dislike about its quality is that the color is a bit weak. This makes it a fantastic product for that "natural" look (what I want), but I noticed that when I do want my brows to look a little more bold and fierce, applying the powder with a harder hand doesn't necessarily heighten the color quality. I find myself having to pile on a lot of product in this situation, and it usually doesn't turn out too desirable.

Price & other things -- Great price. I got it for $5 or so at Target. Super affordable, especially with great quality. The packaging is sturdy, though not the most pretty looking case. This also comes with 2 mini tools -- spoolie and brow brush. Spoolie is great; brow brush is whatever. I use it for the wax. For the powder, I use my own regular brow brush (ELF!).

Keep in the mind that the wax, when used prior to the powder, can sometimes cause unevenness because it causes the powder to slide. Use the wax alone, and it is great to keep brow hair in place.

Great for travel, especially to swap with your expensive brow powder. Brought this on vacation for a week and everything is still intact.

Overall -- I do recommend and I would totally repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:17:00 AM More reviews by katiemuffin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfect colour match and pigmentation for my eyebrows. There have been so many brow products I have thrown out or returned because they were either too dark, too light, or too reddish. Nyx really nailed it with this one! I don't use the brush that comes with it, but i do use the spoolie and it works great! HG brow product, the fact that it's so cheap is just a bonus. I don't know how well this would work if you need to majorly draw on/fill in your brows, but if you're just looking for a little definition you can absolutely not find a better product. I literally get compliments on my eyebrows every day when I use this- so impressed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I FINALLY FOUND IT! My HG brow product! I have tried Revlon Brow Fantasy, Maybelline Define-A-Brow, MAC brow pencil, Rimmel brow pencil, Anastasia brow marker, Milani brow powder, BeneFit Gimme Brow, EVERYTHING! My family has an odd gene that causes us to have dark hair and barely there eyebrows. My father has jet back hair and you can honestly barely tell he has eyebrows. If he wasn't tan, it would look creepy.

My hair is a medium-dark chocolate brown naturally, but I have quite a few highlights right now so I opted for the Taupe/Ash color. Other products were way too dark or came out red looking on me. This is the first product that gives me beautiful, natural looking brows. I'm in love with it. I'm not sure why I never tried this before.

HG! Best $6 I've spent in a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by winniedahpooh

I adore this eyebrow kit. I constantly have struggles with finding a nice eyebrow product that isn't too warm. Many products I try are too warm n m brows. I was debating between this shade and the dark brown/Brown and chose the taupe/ash because it looked cooler. I have dark brown hair and the two colors are perfect. I use the lighter color on the inside part of my brown and the darker one through the arch. it looks great! I actually do use the tools it comes with. The brush is a bit rough, but works fine to apply the powder. the spoolie is nice and good to blend the brows. I have only used the wax once and it works quite well. I only use it when I have stray hairs. I love this kit!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by kf2012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in the Taupe/Ash shade. My hair is a medium golden-brown, but my eyebrows are a bit darker and quite ashy-toned.

I have only recently started applying anything other than clear gel to my brows. My brows are a decent shape, but years of overplucking in my teens have led to some sparse areas that have not filled in on their own even after growing them out for a long time. My previous brow product forays have included a brow pencil from WnW and a powder set similar to this one but by ELF. I was not satisfied with either product.

This one, however, I like. I'm not entirely sure which shade is "Taupe" and which shade is "Ash." I only use one color, and if you were holding the product so that the little circle of wax was at your left hand, the color I use would be all the way to the right. (I'm assuming this one is "Ash," as the other color seems warmer/more yellow.) The ashier shade is a good match for my brows, both depth- and tone-wise.

I've used the included wax once, and it worked okay, but I already have a clear brow gel I use and like (Bonnie Bell's clear mascara), so I normally skip the wax. My routine is: 1. Apply BB clear mascara to bare brows, using wand to shape the brows as much as possible. Allow to dry. 2. Use the "Ash" (?) shade from the Nyx set to fill in. I don't fill in heavily all over; I just put it in the areas where I really need the extra color to define my brow shape. I do use the small angled brush that came with it to apply. 3. After I'm done, I go back with the little spoolie they included to blend the color out through my brows, so there are no stark patches of powder. The result is natural-looking definition that lasts all day, but washes off easily when I wash my face at night.

I expect this to last quite a while since I don't use much, but I will most likely repurchase.