November 28, 2014 | 1895 users online

Brows - NYX - Eyebrow Cake Powder - Taupe/Ash

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2014 7:01:00 AM More reviews by alessandrakatigbak

I normally have a love-hate relationship with my eyebrows because I never seem to get them to look the way I want - thick, but not super thick with an arch. I was rummaging through my makeup collection a few minutes ago and found the NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder. All I can say is that it's amazing. The product, which comes with two shades and a wax, is absolutely fantastic because you can create your own desired consistency and decide whether you want your brows to look super natural or totally out there. I bought the shade Taupe/Ash and I find that it looks especially nice if you've got dark brown hair, as it matches one's natural hair colour perfectly and makes the brows look completely natural when filled in! I will definitely be repurchasing this in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Kimmy336

I wanted a product to fill out and define my blondie brows, and this works pretty well. The brushes are nice, and it lasts all day. The wax stuff is nice when patches of your eyebrows are too sparse; the powder will stick to it better. I don't use the wax all over my brows because they end up looking wet. The reason why I'm not giving this a 5/5 (and why it's not a HG) is because I never use the color on the left. I wish the whole compact was just the powder on the right, because it's a better shade on me. Who needs two different colors?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this cake powder is now a holy grail. at 4$, you cant beat it. the colors are awesome and its fool proof. it last all day even on my oily skin and the look is so soft and natural on my brows.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 5:47:00 AM More reviews by mellykate16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

IN LOVE! Holy grail for my eyebrows! The shade is perfect and they are so incredibly pigmented. I love how it stays put all day - up to 12 hours somedays! For the price you can't go wrong. I am in love with this product and would most certainly purchase again! :D

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2014 4:32:00 AM More reviews by bribi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this, and am surprised that the powder lasts as long as it does. It's very pigmented, a little goes a long way, and with a decent brow brush and that baby spoolie included (I like it- the tininess is convenient, for me, and the bristles are firm. I'm not hating on the cheap spooolie) you can shape your brows with no problems.
What I don't like about this, is the color. Don't get me wrong, the tone is perfect. I'm happy it's not reddish brown like a lot of brow products are. But it's SO DARK. I have ombre hair, so It's hard for me to find a color that matches my root (which is an ash brown,) but doesn't look too harsh next to the blonde all around my face.
This, to me, is too much for blonde, light brown or ombre hair. Maybe when I go dark in the fall, I'll come back to this, but for now, it's giving me Charlie Chaplin brows.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 4:50:00 AM More reviews by ringu

The product is nice, but the packaging is awful.
I love the wax, but it runs out too early so I don't have any reason to wear this product anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by luisawang1

Holy grail eyebrow filler <3 I use this with the Sonia Kashuk eyebrow brush and my brows stay defined, thick and tame all day! I am considering tossing all my other eyebrow fillers and just using this. Btw I have dark brown/black hair and taupe is the best shade for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by LABeautyGal

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got complimented on my eyebrows my first day wearing this. Good pigmentation, great price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Malvarado

I love this product! After running out of Anastasia's brow powder within a short time after purchasing I needed to try a product that was less expensive & this is exactly what I needed!!!! I have extremely sparse eyebrows and a scar on my left eyebrow, this product has great pigmentation, very inexpensive, and has very good colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by kimmaria

Got it today and wow I am SO impress! Tried it on right after I got it and literally last me all day (8 hrs)
I got it for about 10 CDN. Pretty darn cheap. I got it in black/gray as I wanted my skinny brows to stand out with my fair medium skin and dark brown hair. Anyways.
PRO's:
-VERY pigmented and buildable. I was worried that the grey would turn out GREY on me but it was a soft black/charcoal. Very nice. And black was literally black. You can achieve natural to stand out looks.
-very forgiving... If you make a mistake just wipe it off!!
- Packaging is small and so so cute. It clicks when you close it so no worries of it opening it up on you.
-Wax is amazing to keep your hair flat and nicely in place...I'm not sure how great it would be if you had very thick crazy points I every where eyebrows tho haha.
PRO/CON (depends how you look at it haha)
-comes with a small angled brush and eyebrow brush...use it when necessary otherwise I prefer using a full size angled brush. The angled brush had very stiff short bristles..ouch! !
-wish there was a mirror, came with a highlighter...but whatever

How I applied it: Used wax to comb thru my eyebrows. Than with the same angled brush I used gray for first half than black for last half. Lastly I gentlybcombed it to blend.

I'm going back to get different shades. As a person who likes the pricey brand make-up stuff...this feels just as "expensive. "