NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder - Taupe/Ash

4.5

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Silicate, Mineral Oil, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polybutylene, Silicone Oil, Propyl Paraben, Methyl Paraben. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ultramarine Blue, Iron Oxide Yellow, Iron Oxide Red, FD&C Red 40 Al Lake, Manganese Violet, Carmine.

on 2/28/2015 11:50:00 AM

I got this in Taupe/Ash. I need cooler colors and my hair is pretty mousy anymore so this shade seemed like a good choice. The colors do seem like a good choice, but the product itself, just did not really care for.

First off, the brush that comes with it is very hard. I can appreciate a hard brush for this type of product, as it is only used for the brows, but this brush is just too dang hard imo. To the point that it really does not distribute the product evenly and just is rough on the skin more than anything. I realize you can use other brushes with this, but I want to review the product itself, and the brush is part of the product, and some may not have separate eye brushes. So it might be a good idea to use a different brush for this.

That said, the colors as I said are not bad. However, it is very hard to apply and blend these colors in, they look patchy no matter how careful or how much blending was done.

If you are new to the brow world or on a tight budget, this might be a good option. You can work with it and eventually get it to look okay, but not great. To me I do not want to spend a good deal of time on my eyebrows. I like a few little flicks of a pencil and maybe a few strokes of a brush to blend in, and that is it. With this, I find I have to really be careful and even with what seems a light application, I have to blend like crazy, and again, it can still look kind of patchy. So I guess the product is pretty chalky and not smooth, but for the price, I guess you can't ask for much. The wax part was a hot mess for me and I did not even mess with it very much before getting frustrated. I tried the wax a time or two and it just was bad. But I did give the taupe/ash shades a good chance, and just did not care for. It is a shame because the colors are great for me, but the product just does not work well for me.

If you are willing to work with this product, it might be fine. But to me there are too many brow options out there, even drugstore, that are better/easier to use. It is a bit of a bummer bc these shades are really great for me. But if a product does not work or is a pain to use, then it will just sit in my closet not used or eventually get tossed. I considered using this as an eyeshadow, but again, the chalkiness and powder-y-ness and the patchiness of it. No.

If anyone knows of tricks for this, please PM me. Thanks. I really do like the colors but I can't get it to work right or look right for me. Thanks.

on 2/8/2015 5:24:00 PM

This is a really good eyebrow kit, probably the best one from the drugstore. However, I had to switch to something higher end because it didn't last long on my eyebrows. It fills them in really nice, but it comes off easily (especially compared to Anastasia's brow products). I would highly recommend this to a beginner to filling in their eyebrows, as that is what I did. I also think this is the best eyebrow powder if you're on a budget.

on 2/1/2015 5:59:00 AM

This is such a simple but great product!!! I bought this to try out and was and still am happy with the results. The powder works really well for me and it blends easily too, It does a really good job all round! I found it lasts long too! It has a good packaging, a little small but good, and I love how it comes with a spoulé and mini angled brush, defiantly give this a go if your looking for a decent eyebrow powder , and for something budget friendly

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is the first eyebrow kit I have ever purchased. I have this in the medium and dark brown color arrangements. I used to put a brown eye shadow with an angled brush before I went ahead and bought this at CVS, so for me, the formula of this product is fantastic for what I was used to (and for the cheap price too).
This product comes with two shades of powder, wax, a tiny spooly brush for combing your eyebrows and a tiny angled brush. I just applied the lightest brown on the inner part of my eyebrows and used the darker shade for the rest of the eyebrows, using my EcoTools angled brush. The wax I didn't use because I still don't know how to apply it. But the cake powder did not shift or moved ANYWHERE throughout the day on its own. I'm pretty impressed. This is affordable, practical, pigmented, and all over VERY convenient. Get it honteys!

on 12/29/2014 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I do enjoy my brow powders and this was an alright product. I do have natural light-medium brown hair and fair skin and this doesn't make my brows look too red or yellow toned considering that I have fair features. It's great.
The shades I'm not worried about, but the wax doesn't hold my brows in place and it tends to make them oilier and lose their shape within a few hours within application. I don't know why, but yes, my eyebrows get oily and the powder then slips and slides away and wherever the wind carries it. They're like Miley Cyrus, they can't be tamed. No matter how hard I try. I've even been desperate enough to put primer on my eyebrows in hopes for the colour and the wax to stay in place.
So I guess this is the best one I've tried considering this is the only brow powder I've ever tried. Colour is great. The wax for the brow hold however, not so much.

on 12/28/2014 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Really nice, unique shades and the spoolie is great, but that's where it ends for me, unfortunately. This doesn't last on me and the gel does nothing to hold my brows in place. The brush included is hard and stiff and doesn't apply the product evenly. I started using my own brush, but I still find that it takes me so long to apply this to my satisfaction. Taking more time to apply it and having to re-apply it during the day makes it a no for me.

on 12/14/2014 8:08:00 PM

Inexpensive and very good colors for natural looking brunette brows. No red or yellow undertones at all. Took off one lippie because it's not terribly long lasting (on, that is. The compact lasts forever). I'm now using their brow pen and may never go back, but for a powder product this is so worth it.

I normally have a love-hate relationship with my eyebrows because I never seem to get them to look the way I want - thick, but not super thick with an arch. I was rummaging through my makeup collection a few minutes ago and found the NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder. All I can say is that it's amazing. The product, which comes with two shades and a wax, is absolutely fantastic because you can create your own desired consistency and decide whether you want your brows to look super natural or totally out there. I bought the shade Taupe/Ash and I find that it looks especially nice if you've got dark brown hair, as it matches one's natural hair colour perfectly and makes the brows look completely natural when filled in! I will definitely be repurchasing this in the future.

on 8/30/2014 4:08:00 PM

I wanted a product to fill out and define my blondie brows, and this works pretty well. The brushes are nice, and it lasts all day. The wax stuff is nice when patches of your eyebrows are too sparse; the powder will stick to it better. I don't use the wax all over my brows because they end up looking wet. The reason why I'm not giving this a 5/5 (and why it's not a HG) is because I never use the color on the left. I wish the whole compact was just the powder on the right, because it's a better shade on me. Who needs two different colors?

on 8/27/2014 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

this cake powder is now a holy grail. at 4$, you cant beat it. the colors are awesome and its fool proof. it last all day even on my oily skin and the look is so soft and natural on my brows.

Popular Brows Products