NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder - Taupe/Ash

4.5

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Silicate, Mineral Oil, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polybutylene, Silicone Oil, Propyl Paraben, Methyl Paraben. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ultramarine Blue, Iron Oxide Yellow, Iron Oxide Red, FD&C Red 40 Al Lake, Manganese Violet, Carmine.

on 5/22/2015 4:43:00 PM

I bought the urban Decay version of this and it was awful. It looked ashy and I kept having to dip my brush into the powder with every stroke. That was around 30 dollars I believe and then I heard about this one which is obviously way cheaper and works better. I don't like the gel and I don't use the brush that came with it but I do use the spooly which is very convenient.

on 4/6/2015 7:53:00 PM

The packaging leaves a lot to be desired; the clasp to open is on the side instead of the front, so it is awkward to open. The wax is too hard for me, I prefer a softer wax so that it applies more smoothly to the hairs. I find the darker colour leans red, so it is better if you have red undertones in your hair. The lighter ash colour has a better tone (more brown) but is so light that it goes undetected on me. I like the feel of the powders, they are creamy and don't have fallout which is nice.

I tried using these powders with a wet brush and found that more effective. I'll keep using it until I find a better alternative. It's not the best but can be manipulated to look good.

on 4/5/2015 10:21:00 PM

Prior to trying this NYX eyebrow powder I had been using similar colors of eyeshadow from my TF The Chocolate Bar palette to fill in my eyebrows. While this was working, I wasn't completely satisfied with how my brows would turn out. I wanted to try an Anastasia product, but decided I should try the much less expensive NYX first. And I'm glad I did because I love it.

Using this brow powder very naturally fills in my brows and gives them a nice, neat look. It's very easy to apply, although I use my own angled brush instead of the tiny one that comes with the powder. It lasts all day, even without the gel that I usually don't use. I am very happy with this product and, even though I may at some point want to try a high-end brow product, I will most certainly be buying NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder again.

on 3/26/2015 9:38:00 AM

Just to mention this is only my opinion...I have been doing my eyebrows way before the trend came back around. I have used probably EVERY product throughout the time my favorite all time is a high end product but...I am going to stick to drug store products because this is a NYX review and drug store product...This product comes with a wax and two color powders like eye shadow for your eyebrows it also comes with an eyebrow spooly and and eyebrow brush applicator...My favorite drug store product when I'm in a hurry and not using my higher end brand is Elf I think everything elf is amazing the price points are crazy for the quality of the product I don't no how they do it But then I came across the NYX cake powder a while back when I saw the price without even using it I stocked up on 2 because I saw how quick they where running out. When I got home of course I immediately wanted to try it out it is an amazing product especially for beginners I also love it came with a spooli even though I always use my own brushes I always try the ones they come with and its great it comes with the spooli for people who are beginners and dont no that's the best way to blend out extra product...The applicator is hard but I have no problem with it maybe because I've been doing this a while also most people I have turned on to the product love it because this brush being hard makes its so much easier for people with more sparse eyebrows to be able to draw the outline and then fill in. I love it comes with to colors beca use no matter what from eyeshadow to foundation until you use it no matter how Close it looks you just don't no(luckily the store/drugstore I go to for my NYX products have a tester for each Color and not only that but every product NYX sells).so if you have sparse eyebrows this is great for you because you can really add a lot to your eyebrows and still look natural if you just need a touch up that's fine to and I've even found if you want to use it for dramatic effects it works great I do make up and use and practice with lots of brands. Also remeber you have to give a product more then one chance and never give it your first try while in a rush or during your morning routine if you really want to see what it can do for you that goes for any product really. One more suggestion is use the product the way it's ment first it took me a long time to learn to use thing. How they were ment but if something own working well for you with this the best ways or all ways which is my opinion only...1st. way dip in wax then dip into powder if you have sparse eyebrows and need to draw a base...2nd way is put the wax on the powder over...3rd way is simply use just the powder which in my opinion I don't like but is good if your only filling them in a bit...but also don't douse yourself in the wax!!! So that's my opinion on which ways you should try the product first!!!

on 2/28/2015 11:50:00 AM

I got this in Taupe/Ash. I need cooler colors and my hair is pretty mousy anymore so this shade seemed like a good choice. The colors do seem like a good choice, but the product itself, just did not really care for.

First off, the brush that comes with it is very hard. I can appreciate a hard brush for this type of product, as it is only used for the brows, but this brush is just too dang hard imo. To the point that it really does not distribute the product evenly and just is rough on the skin more than anything. I realize you can use other brushes with this, but I want to review the product itself, and the brush is part of the product, and some may not have separate eye brushes. So it might be a good idea to use a different brush for this.

That said, the colors as I said are not bad. However, it is very hard to apply and blend these colors in, they look patchy no matter how careful or how much blending was done.

If you are new to the brow world or on a tight budget, this might be a good option. You can work with it and eventually get it to look okay, but not great. To me I do not want to spend a good deal of time on my eyebrows. I like a few little flicks of a pencil and maybe a few strokes of a brush to blend in, and that is it. With this, I find I have to really be careful and even with what seems a light application, I have to blend like crazy, and again, it can still look kind of patchy. So I guess the product is pretty chalky and not smooth, but for the price, I guess you can't ask for much. The wax part was a hot mess for me and I did not even mess with it very much before getting frustrated. I tried the wax a time or two and it just was bad. But I did give the taupe/ash shades a good chance, and just did not care for. It is a shame because the colors are great for me, but the product just does not work well for me.

If you are willing to work with this product, it might be fine. But to me there are too many brow options out there, even drugstore, that are better/easier to use. It is a bit of a bummer bc these shades are really great for me. But if a product does not work or is a pain to use, then it will just sit in my closet not used or eventually get tossed. I considered using this as an eyeshadow, but again, the chalkiness and powder-y-ness and the patchiness of it. No.

If anyone knows of tricks for this, please PM me. Thanks. I really do like the colors but I can't get it to work right or look right for me. Thanks.

on 2/8/2015 5:24:00 PM

This is a really good eyebrow kit, probably the best one from the drugstore. However, I had to switch to something higher end because it didn't last long on my eyebrows. It fills them in really nice, but it comes off easily (especially compared to Anastasia's brow products). I would highly recommend this to a beginner to filling in their eyebrows, as that is what I did. I also think this is the best eyebrow powder if you're on a budget.

on 2/1/2015 5:59:00 AM

This is such a simple but great product!!! I bought this to try out and was and still am happy with the results. The powder works really well for me and it blends easily too, It does a really good job all round! I found it lasts long too! It has a good packaging, a little small but good, and I love how it comes with a spoulé and mini angled brush, defiantly give this a go if your looking for a decent eyebrow powder , and for something budget friendly

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is the first eyebrow kit I have ever purchased. I have this in the medium and dark brown color arrangements. I used to put a brown eye shadow with an angled brush before I went ahead and bought this at CVS, so for me, the formula of this product is fantastic for what I was used to (and for the cheap price too).
This product comes with two shades of powder, wax, a tiny spooly brush for combing your eyebrows and a tiny angled brush. I just applied the lightest brown on the inner part of my eyebrows and used the darker shade for the rest of the eyebrows, using my EcoTools angled brush. The wax I didn't use because I still don't know how to apply it. But the cake powder did not shift or moved ANYWHERE throughout the day on its own. I'm pretty impressed. This is affordable, practical, pigmented, and all over VERY convenient. Get it honteys!

on 12/29/2014 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I do enjoy my brow powders and this was an alright product. I do have natural light-medium brown hair and fair skin and this doesn't make my brows look too red or yellow toned considering that I have fair features. It's great.
The shades I'm not worried about, but the wax doesn't hold my brows in place and it tends to make them oilier and lose their shape within a few hours within application. I don't know why, but yes, my eyebrows get oily and the powder then slips and slides away and wherever the wind carries it. They're like Miley Cyrus, they can't be tamed. No matter how hard I try. I've even been desperate enough to put primer on my eyebrows in hopes for the colour and the wax to stay in place.
So I guess this is the best one I've tried considering this is the only brow powder I've ever tried. Colour is great. The wax for the brow hold however, not so much.

on 12/28/2014 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Really nice, unique shades and the spoolie is great, but that's where it ends for me, unfortunately. This doesn't last on me and the gel does nothing to hold my brows in place. The brush included is hard and stiff and doesn't apply the product evenly. I started using my own brush, but I still find that it takes me so long to apply this to my satisfaction. Taking more time to apply it and having to re-apply it during the day makes it a no for me.

Popular Brows Products