NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder - Taupe/Ash

4.5

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Silicate, Mineral Oil, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polybutylene, Silicone Oil, Propyl Paraben, Methyl Paraben. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ultramarine Blue, Iron Oxide Yellow, Iron Oxide Red, FD&C Red 40 Al Lake, Manganese Violet, Carmine.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love the packaging. I carry it in my purse and it's small enough plus never gets messy. The shades are perfect as I am blonde but have ashy hair and brown eyes. The powder is not powdery and is pigmented. My only complaint is the wax, it's just a bit too slippery and I wish it was waterproof. However, for every day use it serves it's purpose and helps blend the powder. I also add that the brush it comes with is too dense and I use a thinner, tinier one from my previous elf kit. I prefer this over elf for the shades and packaging, however, elfs brush is superior. For the price though, this is a winner!

I am really not getting on with this product. I am going to try using it with an angled brush and if it still won't work for me am going to toss it! I find the brush in the kit too fiddly and the wax really oily. Really wanted this to be the replacement for my beloved Smashbox Brow a tech powder and wax but it was not to be.

Great product! It is easy to apply, long wearing, and it has good value. I can make natural or deeper look with this. There is no need to buy angled brush because the mini brush there is already good! I have MAC one but i reach for this mini brush more. I apply the wax with my finger so i don't ruin my brush. It can also fill in the areas where there is no hair at all and it still stays put.

I have lost count how many times i've bought pencil after pencil/ gels and then abandon the whole idea after 3 days. This is the first item i've used something on my brows that I literally love, is budget friendly, easily accessible in any drug store with beautifully natural results. NYX knocked it out of the park with this one !! It's a Must have for anyone who overplucked in their youth or is just down for some brow love, + multiple Shades that actually make sense !

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am going go buy the Blonde (lightest) NYX brow kit at my earliest convenience becoz I've had the NYX brunette/brown kit which is now too dark (I have medium to light brown hair well I did "then" & brunette no longer matches me that great so I picked up Ash/Taupe coz I have had 2 sets of blonde highlights since I got the brunette so I figured I needed to invest in something lighter but durrr me this still is sort of dark a bit. I can't fault NYX for my mistake). I wore Medium in ELF's brow kit but I recently bought ELF Light kit also which is nice. I prefer ELF's kit to this. 1 lippie off for packaging coz the brush is too stiff/wide. I like the ELF kit because it is a softer texture, lasts better/longer on oily skin, the packaging/brush is better, better more natural colors, & ELF kit costs $3 when the NYX is $5.99 at target!! NYX makes many a fine product but if ur looking for a good brow kit I rec'd ELF.

I'm unfortunately late in realizing the difference filling your brows in makes. I just turned 24 in July and have probably been filling my brows now for around 5-6 months. The first product I purchased was Revlon Brow Fantasy, just to try it out. Unsatisfied, but glad I got my feet wet, I discovered this product when the CVS in my town started selling NYX. I cannot even begin to express how happy I am with this product. I use it every single day because I am now at the point that even when I don't wear makeup (which is pretty often), filling my brows goes a long way in making me feel alive/put together looking. I watched a YouTube tutorial which I think helped a little, but might not be necessary. It does a great job at giving a natural looking bold brow. I pretty much live for running & working out and I can attest that somehow, throughout my bucket pour of sweat, this stuff doesn't seem to budge? I'm baffled by it daily. I will repurchase this over and over.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Always find myself reaching for this product. perfect ashy colours. and great price. highly recommend.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is an amazing brow product. My hair is bleached blonde, but naturally a light ash brown and my brows are that color but a little darker. This is a perfect product to use for blonde or light brown hair. The cake has 2 shades and I like to mix them, using the darker one on the outer brow near my temples and the lighter on the inner brow. The little brush is super firm and although I have an angled brush and another brow brush, this works great in a pinch if you don't want to go searching for one. The wax and the wax wand help hold your brows in place. Just a word of advice for you oily skinned people like me: a little of this wax goes a LONG way. If you apply too much it turns into a shiny, vaseline type consistency once it warms up on my skin. DO NOT OVERDO on the wax!
Absolutely great product. They knocked it out of the park.

I bought the urban Decay version of this and it was awful. It looked ashy and I kept having to dip my brush into the powder with every stroke. That was around 30 dollars I believe and then I heard about this one which is obviously way cheaper and works better. I don't like the gel and I don't use the brush that came with it but I do use the spooly which is very convenient.

The packaging leaves a lot to be desired; the clasp to open is on the side instead of the front, so it is awkward to open. The wax is too hard for me, I prefer a softer wax so that it applies more smoothly to the hairs. I find the darker colour leans red, so it is better if you have red undertones in your hair. The lighter ash colour has a better tone (more brown) but is so light that it goes undetected on me. I like the feel of the powders, they are creamy and don't have fallout which is nice.

I tried using these powders with a wet brush and found that more effective. I'll keep using it until I find a better alternative. It's not the best but can be manipulated to look good.

Popular Brows Products