April 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Mascara - Sonia Kashuk - lashify mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by hiiixox3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased this mascara at my local Target since it was on clearance ($2.08 instead of $6.99). I did not get a chance to read any reviews before purchasing... I just figured since I liked Sonia Kashuk's products, why not give it a try. I tried it for a few days, and I have to say I quite like it. I decided to write a review of my own but when I checked the reviews on here, I was quite surprised. My experience is different from what other people said.

The packaging comes with two types of lash brushes: the mascara wand, that is on the mascara side, and a lash comb that is encased on the opposite side in a clear tube. The mascara formula is neither wet or dry, so I did not find it sliding onto my face nor did I find it caking and flaking off my lashes. I precurled my lashes before using the mascara and found that it held my curl pretty well throughout the day. The wand is standard and worked well (separated my lashes fine) and the lash comb is a nice bonus (made sure that there were no clumps). I have sensitive eyes and I get itchy, dry eyes very easily. I did not notice this mascara bothering my eyes (I even had bothersome eyes from companies that claimed they were safe for sensitive eyes). I wore this mascara for about 9-10 hours today and did not need to reapply. Now, even though I like this mascara, I would say it is rather mediocre. It does not do very much with thickening my lashes; it does lengthen them a bit. This mascara is good for a natural look.

From my own experience, I would definitely repurchase it again. I am thinking about going back to Target and picking up another or two more just because I liked it and the price is very good.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by snoopy68

As I am a HUGE SK fan, this mascara really let me down. It is certainly not the worst mascara that I've ever tried, but it does nothing for me as far as length or volume. It's just meh...I don't experience flaking, as with the complaints of others, but it does smudge a bit by the end of the day. I've tried building volume/length with additional coats to not so much avail. I do love the metal comb for lash separation, however, I've not noticed much clumping with this mascara. It's decently priced. It's decently pigmented, but it just does not perform beyond just mediocre.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by condracek4337

This is definatly my go to mascara. it leaves a very natural finish and does not clump. i HATE wet mascara and this is definatly not. the lash comb on the end is extremely helpful and the packagine (as usual) is so clean and cute! on days im not wearing a lot of makeup or i like to enhance the green in my eyes, i always reach for the brownish-black color. definatly will be repurchasing this...possibly in waterproof!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by beautylover86

I actually ended up liking this mascara. I read the reviews here before I bought it, and despite all the bad reviews I got different results. The mascara didn't clump too bad, and the metal comb on the other side of the mascara was helpful to remove any clumps, I did get a tiny little bit of fallout from this mascara, but nothing like what was mentioned on here. Like I say with EVERY beauty product, you really have to try it for yourself because the product will work differently on different people. Overall a decent product that I would reccomend. (Also did a good job of adding volume AND lengh)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2006 11:26:00 PM More reviews by tracey_fox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been wearing this mascara for a few weeks now and like it. I haven't had any problems with it flaking, and it has not melted on me. I have very straight sparse lashes and oily eye lids and find that this holds up very well. Doesn't thicken as well as I would like, so it loses a lippie. I really like the metal comb that comes with it, works very nicely separates the lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2006 10:17:00 PM More reviews by kml636

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is generally a poor product. It smudges all over, is very cakey, and gets everywhere.

***That being said, the "Brown" color actually is a great color. I have fair skin and light lashes and black usually looks too fake on me, but yet most browns don't add drama. This brown color really defines my eyes without looking freaky. However, that alone is not enough to make me buy it again. Its a shame it is such a poor quality because the color is great!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2004 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Dazz

Um, this sucks. This mascara is everything you dont want.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2004 12:19:00 PM More reviews by happymama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It clumped up after the second week i had it and it made my lashes look dry and it started to flake. not a good buy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2004 4:35:00 PM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Ick. This applies nicely and looks great--but three hours later, I'm lookin' like Rocky Raccoon. The packaging is horrible, too. This one went straight in the trash.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2004 11:09:00 AM More reviews by mizsockmonkey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wish I'd read these reviews before I bought this. I'm on a mascara search right now - thought I'd try this one because I'd heard other Kashuk products were good. I had huge black flakes under my eyes within half an hour of putting it on. Yuck.