October 1, 2014 | 1886 users online

Moisturizers - Mario Badescu - Oil Free moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do like this as I think it is hydrating enough for winter time without being too greasy . It has a nice light but creamy consistency and spreads well on the skin. In general, I do like Mario Badescu products, but this didn't wow me and I agree that it sits on the skin if you do not warm it up between your hands first. I prefer my Trader Joe's Daily Moisturizer with SPF to this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this review is for the oil free moisturizer WITH spf. i do not like this at all. i have oily t zone, dry cheeks-so combo face. this is difficult to spread and doesn't absorb very well. feels like a greasy film sitting on TOP of my face. i gave it a 2 because it did not break me out. will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by itsjustjess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Have been using this for a few weeks and am not totally sure about it.
I think I need to give it more time.
I love Mario Badescu through and through and every product I've used of theirs has does what it claimed; and actually this product does what it claims too, but I feel it's not really HG.

Packaging > love how the top flips up, I think it's kind of cool! I like the medical look of MB products. This packaging is hygenic.

Price > I think its a pretty decent price even though it is fucking overpriced in australia. but $30ish isnt too bad.

It has no scent. and I can't believe this has given people break outs! I have super super oily skin (but no real pimples or acne - just a gross oil feeling). And using this is insane, it definitely does not clog pores at all. There is no shine and oil on my face all day! I usually need blotting papers but actually now i think about it, it does keep my oil in check.

I think I am after my HG and i grabbed this when i was in an inbetween rut so I am judging it more harshly than I should be. It does all it claimed, however I think it require more moisture & I worry about the lack of SPF for the AU sun..

I don't feel for a moisturiser that it moisturises enough. I feel it keeps my pores unclogged and my face less oily. If anything this feels like a make up primer? Similar in consistency to smashbox primer.

This product is a good inbetweener for you oily faces like me!! but the search continues..

I'm giving this a 4 cause this does what it claimed, but in my heart i feel it more as a 3!

Will give an update after using this for a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by cherrycm07

I am actually writing here because I was frustrated after reading the reviews. People seem to be reviewing the oil free moisturizers WITH SPF. There is an oil free moisturizer WITHOUT SPF. There is a big difference between these products. The products WITH SPF have different ingredients that lead them to be more pore clogging. HOWEVER, if you read the ingredients for the oil free moisturizer WITHOUT SPF, they are not pore clogging. In fact I looked at each one and compared it to a list of comedogenic ingredients. NONE of the ingredients in the oil free moisturizer WITHOUT SPF are over a 2 in comedogencity. So now I'm just unsure of buying the product because the reviews on this site are misleading.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2011 5:01:00 AM More reviews by spamdy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this moisturizer, it left my skin feeling quite soft and smooth, similar consistency to some make-up primers I have used, it does feel like it just sits on top of the skin as a barrier. But Mario Badescu how you have failed with this product! In my search for a new moisturiser a sales assistant recommended this 'basic moisturiser' for me and promised it would help balance my skin. I used this for over a month and my skin got progressively worse and worse, and I'm on the pill and this product was still making me breakout into huge deep pimples on my cheeks, I was mortified. Finally I stopped using this moisturiser and switched to jojoba oil, and what do you know, my skin has started healing up. Do NOT recommend, my skin has never reacted as badly to a product as this one!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

even though this is an oil-free moisturizer...for some reason my skin feels super oily after i apply it. perhaps it's too drying for my skin and therefore my skin steps up the oil production? who knows. i wasn't crazy with this. still prefer the honey moisturizer over this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by bathory313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The eternal search for the perfect moisturizer for oily skin--sometimes a failure.

My search is done, thanks to this product. This moisturizer calms and moisturizes my skin without being too greasy or too dry! HURRAH!

Yet another "I love it" product from MB.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by jezzosaur

I'm so surprised on the reviews on this product. I got a free sample of this and I LOVED this moisterizer to death.

It was very silky and soaked into my skin almost right away. It has no scent and it hasn't broken my out at all. My skin is combination oily so on bad days I get really oily and I find this moisterizer not too moisture rich so it helps on those days.

Even on drier days it's the same. Regardless, I really do like this moisterizer from others I've tried. (Clean n Clear, Olay .. ect) because of my acne prone skin. I repurchased the product again (full size, $22 US) so like 25 in CAD. That is the only downside of this product, it's so expensive.

The only reason why I would not repurchase the item again is because of the price and then on top of that, I have to pay for international shipping and that was pricey as well. If there as a store around selling this item, I would definitely buy it again.

This item is really nice, and for anyone willing to fork up the money to ship it to themselves, or even have a retailer that SELLS this product, I would definiely recommend. Apart from that, I'm going to hold off and the bottle I have now will be my last. Sucks being a student, doesn't it?

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by JordanMayTwigs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recieved a sample of this in a swap today.
And like most of the people on here say it doesn't really absorb into the skin too well.

I used it after I washed my face for the first time with my new Mario Badescu Seaweed Cleansing Soap.
And my DIY ACV, Green Tea, Rose Water Toner.

It absorbed into my skin after about 5 minutes.
But it's a bit heavy for Summer I would say.
Maybe I'll wait till the seasons start to change to use this agian.
When my skin get's a little more dry.
Because right now there's not much reason for a heavy mosturizer for me.
I have normal // combo skin type.
Don't break out very often.
[[ Thankfully I think that's because I'm VEGAN ]]

But I wouldn't buy this product agian.
It's a little bit TOO EXPENSIVE.
Compared to the Seaweed Cleansing Soap this is $4.00 more for 7 oz. less!!
How does that make sense??

The packaging quality is .O.K. for this.
Since it's in a sample jar it's an .O.K. size I would say.

And I don't think I will buy it once I run out of the sample.

Peace Love && Lipstick
XOXOXO
JordanMayTwigs.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by MissPark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this lotion to help with the shine and the dry skin on my chin. It helped with the dry skin but it made me shiny which I did not appreciate. I used a lot of it but put it to the side and used another moisturizer during this time that was not as heavy. Now my face is really really dry due to the use of acne medication. I don't like to waste products so I brought this out from my graveyard makeup stash. Wow...it really makes a difference on what kind of skin type you have. I wouldn't really recommend this to someone who has oily skin. However if you have normal to dry skin it would work well. I've since used up the bottle and plan on getting more for my upcoming trips. I have to gripe about MB packages though. I wish they would make it cuter and not so cheap looking. Oh well...as long as the product works.