September 22, 2014 | 1931 users online

Eye Shadow - Clinique - Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo-Double Date

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

This was my go-to back when I was younger think I have been through 2 or 3 of these over the years. I am perhaps a little bit too yellow toned for these and I remember the brown always being slightly green-toned on me but a lovely neutral duo and wonderful staying power/texture nonetheless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a soft satiny pale and medium taupe with no plummy undertones. It is a cool silvery beige neutral. I would describe it as a satin, rather than a matte or a matte with lots of life to it. In use the darker shade is a contour, not a liner shade as it is a medium not a deep shade.

Very neutral, just what I wanted for wearing with any cool toned colours in my clothing. Makes my eyes look greener which I love, and doesn`t accentuate the redness which I`m troubled by. Most taupes with a plummy base tend to skew to the red and make my eyes look more red rimmed than usual. This duo doesn`t.

Also regarding the colour, I am about an NC15-20 or in other words a warm undertone pale skin redhead with some rosacea, freckles and age spots. I have hazel green eyes with gold flecks. I suspect this would work on all ages, warm or cool complexions from very pale on up.

I have older wrinkly hooded lids that tend to be oily, and "eat`shadows up, leaving little but creases at the end of the day. THIS LASTS ALL DAY without creasing or fading.

It blends like a dream, can be dusted or packed on without fear of fallout, and has great colour payoff.

And due to the wrinkles, anything that has much shimmer tends to make my lids look beyond crepey, into the creepy pearlized lizard skin territory. This doesn`t. Nor does it have the chalkiness that many a matte shadow is plagued with. The satiny look is from some very subdued shimmer which is just enough to make this look good on my deep set eyes.

If you like Cover Girl`s Tapestry Taupe but find the shimmer is over the top for your needs, then it is worth knowing this is the satin to matte twin. Colourwise identical, but satin, not shimmer which makes it friendly to aging eyelids.

I also tend to react to stuff, and this didn`t irritate my sensitive lids at all.

I can`t think of a bad thing to say about this marvelous duo, and I hope they NEVER discontinue it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Two great colors for everyday wear. The lighter color has some shimmer, but the shimmer barely shows up on my lids. I use the darker color as liner and sometimes as crease color. As I get older (and older), my taste in colors changes and I want my eyes to look "finished" without screaming "makeup." This duo accomplishes that for me. It doesn't turn "dirty" or make me look tired or "bruised" like other taupes do (like MAC Satin Taupe). I like the applicator and the packaging. And I love having both colors in one compact -- I'm getting tired of traveling with multiple small round compacts of eyeshadow and the brushes to go with them. I guess I'm simplifying, and this is one of my go-to products.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Lamballe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful duo, works very well together and perfect for everyday use. These shadows are quite smooth and very easily blended, I also actually quite like the applicator that comes in the package. I purchased this for my mother, someone who is not heavily into makeup or eyeshadows, and she loves this as well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This color duo is frankly a yawn. I bought it because it was neutral, yes, but it's SOOO neutral I end up never using it. The darker color is actually OK, but the lighter color is just TOO light. Possibly, as someone else said, it's the fact these colors are cool-toned that makes it not work for me.
Color aside, the packaging quality is excellent, and there's even a good brush in the kit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Violet912

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Overall - a duo consisting of a light taupe and a medium taupe that are very flattering, but very soft and conservative on my cool coloring. I love the way Clinique duos come with an actual brush, and the bottom of each case is color-coded to match the shade of the eyeshadow. The packaging literally could not be better. The lighter shade in this duo isn't very pigmented. It works nicely if I wear it heavily, however.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 11:37:00 AM More reviews by abfabjeanius

Not sure what color "surge" they're talking about here... I find these shadows to be quite unpigmented, and I really need to build it up to get color payoff. (For reference, I am light golden-beige, like NC25 in MAC.)

That aside, this duo is quite nice. There is a light golden-beige color, and then a mid-tone taupe color, both with slight shimmer to them. The colors are very professional looking, and one could wear them every day for a polished look. The 2 shades go well together and complement one aother, which is a plus.

The packaging is quite nice -- the compact is silver on top, and then clear plastic on the bottom, so you can see the colors. It does come with a dual-end applicator of a brush and sponge-tip, which can be used in a jiffy.

I usually reach for this when I have like 5-10 minutes to put on makeup -- this is no-fuss, and, since not super-pigmented, can be slapped on quickly without looking like an idiot.

I have dark brown eyes, and I find this works well with my eye color, but I think it would be smashing on blue, green, or hazel eyes. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2007 7:59:00 PM More reviews by tulipsplash

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Cool-toned, neutral colors; I like to use the highlighter color with other cool-toned shadows I have on hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2007 11:19:00 PM More reviews by oohbarracuda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great shades! The beige-ish color is very pretty and very subtle while the chocolate-y brown has a nice shimmer. The shadow lasts a long time, is easy to manage, and doesn't smudge! A definite must-have :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2006 10:08:00 PM More reviews by sbgoldsmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This color combination is great for everyday, casual wear. It is a lovely taupe, brown combination with the slightest hint of shimmer. I just wash the lighter color over the entire lid and a bit under my lower lid, and apply the darker color in the outside corner of the lid, and its a great look. The color lasts all day, with only some slight creasing in the evening. I will buy unless I find something better.