July 31, 2014 | 1804 users online

Lip Gloss - Philosophy - Philosophy the Supernatural Lip Gloss in Ruby

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 7:40:00 PM More reviews by DaniellePaul

I love the texture, feel and taste of this product, but the color isn't working for me. The reviews all talked about how this is a nice red, but on me it tends to turn kind of magenta-ish, which is a problem for me with most berry color lip glosses and sticks. I'm not sorry I tried it however - I plan to buy this in another color because I love the way this makes my lips feel and I also think it has good staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2007 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Veggie310

I don't wear this gloss in this color as a day lipgloss... but for night when I want a red lip I love this. It's a little goopy and thick - the wand could perhaps be better structured to deal w/ that problem. But, it looks great... it's a gorgeous, warm color.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2007 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Was very surprised by this product. I usually look decent in most reds (especially lip gloss). This one was HORRIBLE!! I can't even describe what it looked like - it was just BAD!! Didn't like the tingling sensation when I put it on.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2005 1:39:00 AM More reviews by beautyinside

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have cuprous skin so I stopped wearing reds (am in my midtwenties) that I used to as a teenager. I bought ruby today; I usually wear non-philosophy mauve-like colors, but the color was stunning. It is dramatic, it is shiny, and like people say, it's thick but it somehow sticks way better than other lipglosses I've tried (i'm thinking lipslicks or burt's bees). It's minty. However, it numbs my mouth a bit from the menthol (I do love the minty taste) and it's not a lip treatment as my lips also are dry afterwards, even though it is a lipgloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2005 9:03:00 AM More reviews by hcf17

This is a great product. It looked so natural on my lips and stays on longer than lipstick. You don't have to worry about it making you get any blackheads around your mouth because it is non-oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2004 9:53:00 AM More reviews by cucas87

This is a wonderful deep red gloss. It is (for me) best for evening or going out, but I can wear it during the day if I apply less. The best part: it lasts for a long time, feels good on and is not tacky at all. I didn't expect to love this gloss, but it's my going out staple. Definitely worth a try, even if you are reluctant to wear red because it's deep enough that it's not shocking.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2004 5:26:00 PM More reviews by lipglosadict

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful gloss, that works for those like me, who like reds, with something to offset them.I like the mint taste. I love the color. I wear it just the way it is, with no liner, or lipstick. I agree with Christina, that these glosses look best, by themselves, and they don't need any help.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2004 1:40:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm very fair, blonde, fair skin, light eyes. I've never found a 'wearable red,' one which looked good and didn't make my teeth look yellow. Until this gloss. Wonderful. Love it. I now have a real dramactic "red" for my black dress nights. No yellow teeth, no funny pasty skin look, no looking like a clown or an escapee from the local funny farm. Very beautiful color, very flattering, and full of color punch. Lays alot of pigment on the lips, and as a real bonus, lasts a long time. You can use just a little for a sheer effect, or more for greater depth. Moreover, it doesn't get tacky or gunky if I layer alot. Just good rich deep color with lots of shine. Love, love, love it. (And I've never said that about a red gloss/stick before.) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2003 11:03:00 PM More reviews by dblaze

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This really is exactly what it claims to be - a very wearable red! Looks like sort of a metallic, burgundy based red in the tube and goes on a very pretty, shimmery dark red. You can achieve a sheer or more full coverage look by applying less (or more) product to get the look you like. Minty fragrance and taste that tingles a bit on the lips. I like to wear this with MAC mahogany liner for a great look with superb staying power.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2003 4:29:00 PM More reviews by zelda155

I was really let down by this one. I thought philosophy would do better than this. Did not do anything for my cheeks, just took my other makeup off when I tried to put it on. Please don't buy this product, if you want a tint blush try stila or pout.