Emilio Pucci Vivara EDP

on 2/7/2013 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My favorite scent.

on 1/28/2012 4:18:00 PM

Pucci Vivara to me reminds me of holidays in spain as a child. Its a very fresh unusual scent, never have i smelled any thing similar.

on 3/11/2011 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I must say initially smelling this was not smelling promising. Now I am not good at naming notes in the fragrance. I said, let me get a sample at Sephora..so i got it, and have been wearing it for a week. I actually liked it on me..guess it works with my body chemistry!. I like the sharpness of it, the crispness of me...but it is not something I can take for too long, my contacts are sensitive to fragrances..Viktor&Rolf Flowerbomb and Tom Ford Black Orchid..do not..

on 1/21/2011 10:47:00 PM

I must clarify something here. This version of Vivara is NOT the vintage one. It's a new, reformulated scent, which came out in 2007. I know because I was a teenager when the original came out in 1965 (yes, I'm THAT old). The original Vivara is a sharp chypre that has little if anything to do with the new one. If I close my eyes and concentrate, I can almost smell the vintage scent. A friend of my mother used to wear this - back in the days when you could actually "wear" a scent w/o the terminally-sensitive/"allergic" hot-house flowers, fainting all around you - and I would follow her around just to smell the wonderful scent. If you want to see the original version, click on this link: http://www.steepingbeauty.com/vintage-emilio-pucci-vivara-perfume/ Scroll almost half way down and you will see what the old bottle looked like. You can still get it ... if you can afford shelling out over $200 for half a (used) bottle.

The new one is the typically 21st century, bland, boring, safe, character-less scent that permeates the markets with total impunity, these days. Do not confuse the two.

on 1/21/2011 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This was one of the vintage perfume sets I bought that included Antilope, Ma Griffe, Givenchy III, and Miss Balmain. I put Vivara on one hand and Antilope on the other. I'm transported by Antilope's smoky wealth, but am slightly less intrigued with Vivara. Although it is fresher and sweeter, and you would definitely ask what the wearer had on because it has nothing in common with today's scents, it is not as OHMYGOD as Antilope. It is unusual, rich and warm but smells a bit too much like a candle you have blown out. A waxy sweetness.

on 11/24/2010 2:31:00 PM

A bit of citrus at the opening. Also the dreaded celery seed note. I thought I smelled daffodils or lilies. Might be the narcissus. Drydown much better but still that celery/lily note lives on that I just can't get behind. Supposedly a chypre and I do get a bit of a mossy undertone, but it's also much more green then I thought it'd be. Ultimately, not for me.

Interesting & soft green chypre. Pretty smooth & not too sour.. nice for once in a while, the flowers are subtle but a good mix, sunny & cheery.

on 5/12/2010 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I think this a lovely scent. It's not my normal style (I like stuff that smells like candy or sugar or vanilla or something fruity and juicy), but my boyfriend is OVER THE MOON for it! He loves me in this smell! It's kind of floral and spicy. I don't totally know how to word perfume descriptions, but this one isn't overly-anything. Would repurchase!

on 3/16/2010 5:41:00 PM

This is another sample I received from a fellow MUA. I love this! It's always nice to be given perfume that you don't think you'd wear because it forces you to try it on...for some odd reason this perfume reminds me of being in italy...I have to go out and purchase this...it's beautiful!

on 3/15/2010 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is my first day wearing this perfume and it has made me happy all day long.

I've read many reviews breaking down the makeup of the scent, and I'm not good at that, so I'll just say that I smell pretty...not sweet or candy-ish, just womanly and warm and sexy.

I put Vivara on about 14 hours ago and I can still smell it faintly, so it definitely lasts. I bought the rollerball EDP, and put just a few swipes on my wrists and cleavage. No need to overdo it with this one...use sparingly. But do use it. It's lovely.

Popular Fragrances