October 24, 2014 | 1623 users online

Treatments (Face) - Tea Tree Therapy 100% Natural Tea Tree Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I absolutely LOVE this product! I am on my second 2 oz bottle and still can't get enough. This essential oil is both antibacterial and antiseptic. I love incorporating alternative medicine into my beauty regimen!

Instead of purchasing processed cleansers with tea tree oil, you can add your own natural oil for half the cost. I have heard of people mixing this into their shampoo for anti-dandruff and facial cleansers.

Personally, I use this product for spot treatment on hormonal acne. This 100% pure Australian oil is quite strong, and I originally applied it with Q tip as spot treatment. Over time, I have noticed that my skin is not as sensitive. So, I have been applying liberally with cotton pad to swipe over acne regions. Even on oily skin, it reduces oil and blemishes. There is a bit of a tingling sensation at first. I apply this at night and then add night cream over face. My skin is noticeably clearer in the morning.

I did buy aloe vera to dilute the solution, at first. But I ended up not needing it. Though I will probably make mixture of oil with aloe vera gel to use as septic moisturizer.

I am not a fan of the bottle. So, I take off plastic lid and pour it into dropper bottle that is made of brown glass.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This essential oil has many different uses as an antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, and as an antiseptic. Although most people will associate tea tree oil with its medicinal properties, but did you know that it is also believed to have beneficial beauty properties as well?

Tea tree oil is no stranger to traditional medicine and has been used for years to treat various viruses, fungi, and bacteria, something that most ingredients and chemicals are not able to do alone. Tea tree oil is used to treat minor skin infections, cuts, bruises, acne, and eczema.

As wonderful as it is for the skin, this essential oil isnít just limited to skin irritations, it is also used as a healing facial cleanser and face mask. Tea tree oil has also been found to be successful at treating dry scalp and dandruff, and is used in many shampoos and conditioners. For dry or damaged hair, add a few drops of pure oil to your scalp comb through put a cap on so your pores can open up then use your regular shampoo and your dry scalp/dandruff will be banished. It also unclogs hair follicles thus helping my hair grow. The tingling effect also stimulates blood flow and helps with hair growth as well.

With its antimicrobial and antibacterial properties, it's no wonder that it is used for the treatment of dry skin, eczema, and psoriasis.

fungal nail infections
sunburn
burns
acne

ACNE
Although some studies show that tea tree oil is slightly less effective than benzoyl peroxide for curing mild to moderate acne, it generally has fewer side effects. Some of these side effects include: stinging, burning, itching, and dryness.
When using tea tree oil as a home remedy for acne you will need to dilute it in pure aloe vera gel at a ratio of 2-3 drops of tea tree oil per one ounce of aloe vera,since it is common for poeple that suffer from acne have sensative skin

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Simply wonderful! 100% pure tea tree oil to help clear and heal pimples and i add a few drops to my toothpaste and floss.Helps raise up the gunk in you skin to treat it faster too. Yes the scent is strong but it smells good, very fresh! :D If you have really sensitive skin i recommend you dilute this cuz it may be a bit too strong for your skin. Absorbs well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by mouse1217

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best product I've ever used to get rid of pimples. I dab it on at night when I see one starting up and it's gone in a day or two. It smells VERY strong but it works, so I can deal with the smell. It tingles a bit but nothing unbearable.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by krisah375

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Amazing! Just a dab on a pimple and it's gone or reduced by the next day. My piercer also recommended this to me for a red bump I developed on my tragus piercing--which helped that as well. I hate the smell, but I don't even care. A wonderful natural antiseptic oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by linchia

I use TTO on my pimples after it's been burst and it really helps with preventing the pimples from coming back again.
I also use TTO after tweezing my eyebrows, to prevent the appearance of small whiteheads the next day (which happens on the occasions when i forget to dab the TTO)
I use it on cuts, and on in-grown hairs
all in all, TTO is a multi-purpose product; jack of all trades. =)
Will def. buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by CandyGal12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I only bought my tea tree oil from the vitamins section in Walmart a week ago. I had two gigantic whiteheads on my chin and I really just wanted them to go away. I found about tea tree oil awhile ago but I didn't want to take the risk. I decided to try it and bought a 50 mL bottle for $10. As soon as I got home I popped my whiteheads and dabbed on some of the oil with a Q-tip. It was a little tingly but not at all unpleasant. The smell was awful though! The next day I was overjoyed to see that the whiteheads were healing quite nicely and now they're pretty much gone. I have a bit of mild acne so after I wash my face morning and night I dab on the oil wherever I need it. So far, all my blemishes are drying up and going away. Another week and hopefully I'll have clear skin! I'm so happy I found this product! I also found out that you can put a few drops in your shampoo (to get rid of dandruff), your cleanser and your moisturizer! Also a toner! It's so awesome! The smell just sucks :P

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 9:04:00 PM More reviews by mmdo

7/22/09- In addition I have also been adding a few drops to aloe vera gel and applying after I shave or epilate. This has really taken care of any irriation or razor bumps. I just purchased a new bottle at Walmart from the vitamin section.

I originally purchased this to add to my shampoo to help fight dandruff. Works great for that. Every other day I would squirt shampoo in my hand and then add about 3-4 drops of tt oil . This is a great solution for curing dandruff and keeping it away. I also started using it as a toner. I put 1 drop on a cotton ball and then soak with water so that it is very diluted. I use this morning and night after cleansing and before moisturizing. It can burn your skin if used straight without dilluting. At first the smell was a bit much but I have actually grown to like it! Maybe I associate it with clear skin and like it because of that! I have the Jasons brand from Whole Foods. I believe the price was around $10 for a bottle which will last for months (8-10). I have heard that essential oils can loose their potency after a few months of being unsealed however this bottle is still going strong.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by jennixnay

100% Tea Tree Essential Oil is good for so many things! Really, no house should be without it. I usually purchase Aura Cacia brand from my local Whole Foods. It comes in a small, blue glass bottle with a dropper-style distributor in the neck.

Smell: It has a light spicy, rather pungent smell -- it smells medicinal, but in an herbaceous, "green" sort of way that I actually find pleasant.
Color: very pale oil, very watery consistency, almost astringent -- upon direct application to the skin, it dries very quickly.
Therapeutic Uses: antimicrobial, antiseptic, antiviral, balsamic, bactericide, cicatrisant, expectorant, fungicide, insecticide, stimulant and sudorific. Seriously...there's nothing this oil can't do...
Since we're talking about skin treatment here though...as other reviewers have mentioned, you can apply a few drops to your cleanser, toner, or moisturizer to give it a skin-clearing "boost." Likewise, you can apply tea tree oil directly to a blemish or bump with a q-tip (take care not to over-apply -- it can be drying used straight from the bottle).
My favorite trick for keeping skin clear during stressful, break-out prone times: Wash your face & rinse well. Fill your sink with very warm water, add a few drops of tea tree oil & a handful of Epsom Salt. Swish until the salt is completely dissolved and the tea tree is dispersed. Rinse/splash your face repeatedly with this solution (20-30 times). Pat dry. Moisturize. I've found that this tea tree-salt bath works wonders. It's also great for body break outs -- soak in a tub of hot water into which you've dissolved two cups of Epsom Salt and 10 drops of tea tree oil -- keeps you clear from head to toe, & also wards off any cold or flu germs that might be lurking in you!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2008 9:02:00 AM More reviews by N_harrison7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tea Tree Oil Cleared my Acne. I started with the body shop tea tree oil, moisturizer and toner, along with purpose cleanser...then I used started using the 100% tea tree oil (stronger odor!) along with my body shop products and my skin kept getting better and better! Now im acne free. Im so happy to have gotten rid of the acne the natural way...cheapt too! I wish I could get all the wasted money back from using presciptions and proactive. Tea tree oil is the best. Use as an toner, mix with cleanser, rub on bumps with q-tip, use with steam...etc.