December 19, 2014 | 645 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - All Over Color Stick - Persimmon

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by CourtneyLucas98

This All Over Colour Stick is really high up there on my list of favourite E.L.F products! And for 1$ each you can't go wrong!!! I find the this product is even usable a highlighter!! The colour can be put on light for a light luminous look, or layered on for a more pigmented colour, but never looks cakey! This is my go to for quick and easy glowy skin!! I will definitely buy again when I run out and for sure recommend!!!!! Come on!! Who doesn't want gleaming skin at a steal price!!!?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I have Persimmon & Pink Lemonade; I adore both these stick rouges, cannot beat the price.... Both colors are universally flattering across a wide range of skin tones, & it doesn't break out my extremely oily skin or oxidize into a weird color. I haven't experienced any breakouts & elf is a cruelty-free product.... Did I mention that these are a buck a piece & pretty much all elf products can be had for between $1, $3, or $6 ea. (Excluding palettes!!). I don't know if I like these so much on my lips & I haven't tried them on my eyes as eyeshadow because I don't want this as an e/s color, but these make for awesome rouges!! Can be purchased at Walmart Neighborhood Market Pharmacy, Target, or Meijer from my own experience, but they can probably be found at other stores too. I am surprised that these sticks do not dry out; I lost the cover to my Pink Lemonade & it's not dried out at all whatsoever to my surprise & delight. Good product for carrying in your purse, I haven't but if I did I would put it into a baggy in case the cap decided to go AWOL off it. I prefer Persimmon, since this review is about Persimmon, I apologize mentioning Pink Lemonade, but if you like Persimmon you will probably like PL. I don't know of many stick blushes that are so cheap AND good quality, your next best bet is probably Maybelline but then you are talking quite a bit more $$ when this little one gets the job done well & for a good price. I love cremé blushers/rouges, & I am glad that I can get these!! I will def repurchase, but this product has a lot in the container, it will probably dry up b4 I get done using it up, I have been using it approx 3-4x a week for a year & not even a quarter of the stick done used up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For $1, this is not a bad highlighter at all. I keep one in my travel kit. It is a short waxy stick with a pink champagne shimmer and a sugary orange scent. I am NW15 and use this as a highlighter on my cheekbones, applied with my fingers or a brush. I'm in my late 30s and this works fine for me, so long as you don't apply too much. A light hand is key with this! I think this would be too pale for lips, although I have not tried it. Again for $1 this is a great highlighter similar to Benefit High Beam, and it works nicely for a purse or travel kit.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by kilolillian

I really like this product, I use it as a highlight and I feel like its a stick version of the Benefit's highbeam. I also really like the smell of it, it's citrusy and clean. The packaging is good too because it's a twisty thing, and it's only $1!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by squirrelXetiquette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What is so bad about this little guy? Nothing really. For reals. It does its job quite well: it highlights, adds colour, and adds dimension. The formula is slightly dry, but can be blended easily if you are donning a moisturizer. Sometimes it does leave my face looking a bit shiny, but that all depends on where i put it: i try to focus on the tops of my cheeks & try to be conservative with the amount i use (1 swipe for each cheek). You know how in Sex & the City Carrie has that dewey look to her skin? -- you can achieve a similar look with this colour stick. This product is $1 and mimics the pearly pink power of high beam & moon beam by my beloved benefit. I really like this bargain product & will be trying it out again - maybe in a different shade, too. I am really pleasantly surprised by the quality & price of elf products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Cassyray123

I've used a lot of different products to give my face a radiant glow, and this is BY FAR THE BEST IVE USED. I apply it before I put on my bb cream, and not only does it give me beautiful glowey skin- but it completely evens out my complexion.
The best part about this product is, ITS ONLY A DOLLAR.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by helpmerhonda1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'e been using this handy stick as a highlighter. I have slightly olive, medium neutral beige skin & this is fantastic for when I want a natural highlight look. I love it on my eyes as a champagne-y color eyeshadow too. Buuuut, I do find it creases on my eyes - be sure to check & finger blend the crease a little. Size of tube makes eye application a little difficult, but it's so perfect for swiping on my cheeks that is forgiven. Sometimes I find it a little dry so after drawing it on cheeks & cupid's bow I use a little Vaseline or Josie Maran Argan Cream to help blend. Gorgeous light beige, champagne color with shimmer (but not sparkles). And $1!!!!!!!!!

PS - Unless it is Halloween I would not use this color on lips. It completely whites them out & is too dry, imo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love E.L.F.'s color sticks. This one in Persimmon is a very pretty peachy color on me. I'm very pale and it gives me a positive looking glow for the spring/summer season. I don't tan so with bronzing powders it looks really good, and even without, it still gives me a very warm look. I usually wear the bluish-pinks but with this I can go into the corals/browns instead for a change.
I think it's very believable when you use it lightly. It lights up your face with a peachy glow. I do use a moisturizer with my precision blending sponge to make sure there are no demarcation lines and it is blended in well. I really believe that's the key to using the color sticks and blending. I have tried brushes and wedges, also but still found the sponge to be the best especially when I added a bit of moisturizer to add creaminess to it.
It has a slight shimmer, but if you use it sparingly, the shimmer isn't noticeable. It shows up more as a glow. I've used it under my browbone, on my cheeks, and also, on my lips. When I use it on my lips, I'll also add clear lip gloss. Play with the amounts you use to see what works for you. Too much will result in a sparkle fairy look and some complain about that. Go lightly and you can adjust. A little goes a long way. It does have the orange scent, which I happen to love, and it does go away as soon as you apply it.
I think for a buck you just can't go wrong. This stick has so many uses it's really a multi-tasker, depending on your coloring. You just can't go wrong.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by kmciolli

I like this product concept but I think I may have purchased the wrong color.
Persimmon is a shimmery mauve color, but it has a little too much frost in it for my skin tone. On my cheeks it looked a little too highlighter-ish - too much shimmer. On my lips it was way too frosty.

I would like to try it again, maybe in a color without as much shimmer.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by neva4getu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of the ELF All Over Color Stick in Spotlight. This, however, is like a whole different product, it was so dry and difficult to blend.

I usually like hybrid-products, but this one.. it's like it's just the worst of both worlds, really. The colour payoff is way too weak and the product itself is waaaaay to glittery to act as a blush, but still too "cheek-coloured" to look like a natural highlight. How many women are naturally purple-pink-ish on the very top of our cheekbones (where a highlighter is supposed to be applied)?

And, it is really not that pigmented, which is usually a good thing when it comes to highlighting (as I prefer a subtle, sophisticated emphasize of my bone structure, rather than looking like a 12-year old who got lost in Sephora), but it's like this product just doesn't want to show up at all! But well, it IS possible to build this colour up, so it is not entirely useless.

I can make it work if I use it in combination with other products. But IT IS VERY GLITTERY. Not shimmery, not sheeny, not glowy, not dewy, IT HAS CHUNKS OF SILVER GLITTER IN IT! This is not so obvious when you just apply it (especially if you put an effort into blending and building up), but after a poor 2 hour duration (on normal-dry skin), the colour and "glow" fade away, and huge glitter particles are just randomly placed on the cheeks. Not chic. I have just had it for the winter, and I guess it's much worse during summer.

Maybe I got a bad one. Maybe it just does not work for me. 2 lippies given for the cheap price and for the 2 hours it managed to look beautiful.

I wish they made these colours in a matte finish.