October 22, 2014 | 1416 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - ABC Gum Matte

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite eye shadow ever. It is perfect for an overall wash or just for the lid. It is a beautiful soft peach that blends with your skin tone perfectly. You can wear another shadow over it or just by itself. It makes the eye area look awake and refreshed. It is especially beautiful for fair skin and blue eyes. It really makes blue eyes pop. It is the perfect color for fair skin. Please don't ever discontinue this. I want to stock up because they always seem to discontinue my favorite colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by robertredford

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this. Brightens the eyes without shimmer (which I cannot stand). Makes my blue eyes pop, and the best part, I don't look so darn tired (i.e., old). I use it on the entire lower lid. Good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by veganrebecca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got this on sale from Urban Decay's website for $9, half off its usual price.

This matte peach/beige color matches my skin tone well enough that I like to use it as a concealer around my eyes, when I want to brighten up the dark circles (under) and corners of my eyes.

I don't like using it as eye shadow because I think my natural coloring looks better, plus it makes the skin under my eyebrows look dry (probably because it is).

Since this eye shadow has me dabbling in cover / correction / foundation, I'll probably try to find a different product that does the same thing, but with all-natural, organic ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 7:18:00 AM More reviews by 1017

All in all, there is nothing exciting about this color. However, I love to use it as a highlight shade and it works great for that. I have very deep set eyes that create a lot of natural shadow and tend to have a lot of pink/purple tones to them naturally (on top of my under eye circles). This shade is great at brightening up the area without shimmer or glitter. Is this the best shade on earth for my NW20 skin for this? No...not at all, I much prefer NYX's Lap Dance...it is much softer. But for UD, this is the best choice for me. And I needed a shade like this in my UD quad I was making.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

If you like highly pigmented extremely peach eye shadow, this is for you! I have light-medium skin, dark brown hair and blue/green/gray eyes. This looks meh on me. It's too peach to be a wash but it's not a color I would use as anything else.

Damn you Sephora and your horrible lighting! You made this look much more neutral than it actually is.

High marks for pigmentation and staying power which is par for the course with UD eye shadows.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this and will return it. It is a very flat color, though highly pigmented. If you have very, very light skin it might show up but for me (NC25) it does nothing. It really is blahhhh---

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by gwootton

The Matte Shadow packaging is so not as pretty as the regular Shadow packaging which is a shame. The actual colour is very pretty, a warm apricot beige but the matte finish is not very flattering when applied over a larger area and also not very good without primer potion or similar. I use it just around my lash line when I can't be bothered to look "done up", but there are definitely better nudes out there so I wouldn't buy again without trying others first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

I love this color, I use it on days when I do a cat eye/don't feel like wearing eyeliner, because it matches my eyelids almost exactly but has a peachy tone that brightens my blue eyes. This color will work best on those with pale skin and oily eyelids. I can see how this would accentuate dry eyelids, but as I have oily ones, it works to tame them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Glad to see some luv for this product! I enjoy most of my UD shadows, but most of the time prefer a matte or satin-finish for my eyelid. This is excellent on my NW20 skin, and makes a great base for most other shadows, a great lid-wash both with and without an added crease shade.
I do tend to agree the texture isn't as smooth as Urban Decay's non-matte shadows, but it's workable, pretty, and a great addition to my e/s collection. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

This is probably my dream eyeshadow. I'm NC27 and have oily, darkened eyelids that could use some brightening, but I can't stand most eyeshadow and I really dislike anything frosty or shimmery; I also don't go in for colorful eyeshadow. I prefer neutrals. While concealer and products like Armani's Corrector and Laura Mercier's Eye Basics do a good job at smoothing and brightening my lid, they don't always look as natural as I wished. Enter ABC Gum to dust on my lid in a matte and neutral vanilla-peach that makes my eyes look wide awake and young. I love this shadow so much, though I can see how people into exotic or colorful eye makeup would find this blah. Oh, and based on all the Orb talk here, I went to MAC to see if I could replace this with Orb but didn't find them to be dupes at all. Which is unfortunate because I've heard UD is phasing out their matte shadows.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No