Urban Decay Matte Eyeshadow in ABC Gum

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/10/2015 4:56:00 AM

This little gem is going to be an old faithful in my collection for as long as Urban Decay keeps making it! The packaging is so cute, and the matte pale peach colour is absolutely perfect for a base colour, or for creating depth as a first colour in the transition. It is similar to MakeUpGeek's Peach Smoothie, but not so orangey-peach, in my opinion. I use this shade to create and build both warm and cool looks. The $22 Canadian price point is steep for a single, but it's absolutley worth it.

on 11/20/2014 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite all over eyeshadow. It is a peachy color but just looks beautiful. You can use this alone, blend other stuff with it. It is a great foundation for the entire eye. You can add water to make it even more pigmented. It stay on all day long and really makes you look fresh and youthful.

on 8/23/2014 1:12:00 PM

This is my favorite eye shadow ever. It is perfect for an overall wash or just for the lid. It is a beautiful soft peach that blends with your skin tone perfectly. You can wear another shadow over it or just by itself. It makes the eye area look awake and refreshed. It is especially beautiful for fair skin and blue eyes. It really makes blue eyes pop. It is the perfect color for fair skin. Please don't ever discontinue this. I want to stock up because they always seem to discontinue my favorite colors.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love this. Brightens the eyes without shimmer (which I cannot stand). Makes my blue eyes pop, and the best part, I don't look so darn tired (i.e., old). I use it on the entire lower lid. Good stuff.

on 12/20/2012 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Got this on sale from Urban Decay's website for $9, half off its usual price.

This matte peach/beige color matches my skin tone well enough that I like to use it as a concealer around my eyes, when I want to brighten up the dark circles (under) and corners of my eyes.

I don't like using it as eye shadow because I think my natural coloring looks better, plus it makes the skin under my eyebrows look dry (probably because it is).

Since this eye shadow has me dabbling in cover / correction / foundation, I'll probably try to find a different product that does the same thing, but with all-natural, organic ingredients.

on 11/30/2012 7:18:00 AM

All in all, there is nothing exciting about this color. However, I love to use it as a highlight shade and it works great for that. I have very deep set eyes that create a lot of natural shadow and tend to have a lot of pink/purple tones to them naturally (on top of my under eye circles). This shade is great at brightening up the area without shimmer or glitter. Is this the best shade on earth for my NW20 skin for this? No...not at all, I much prefer NYX's Lap Dance...it is much softer. But for UD, this is the best choice for me. And I needed a shade like this in my UD quad I was making.

on 11/3/2012 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

If you like highly pigmented extremely peach eye shadow, this is for you! I have light-medium skin, dark brown hair and blue/green/gray eyes. This looks meh on me. It's too peach to be a wash but it's not a color I would use as anything else.

Damn you Sephora and your horrible lighting! You made this look much more neutral than it actually is.

High marks for pigmentation and staying power which is par for the course with UD eye shadows.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this and will return it. It is a very flat color, though highly pigmented. If you have very, very light skin it might show up but for me (NC25) it does nothing. It really is blahhhh---

on 3/17/2012 12:48:00 PM

The Matte Shadow packaging is so not as pretty as the regular Shadow packaging which is a shame. The actual colour is very pretty, a warm apricot beige but the matte finish is not very flattering when applied over a larger area and also not very good without primer potion or similar. I use it just around my lash line when I can't be bothered to look "done up", but there are definitely better nudes out there so I wouldn't buy again without trying others first.

on 2/1/2012 12:31:00 PM

I love this color, I use it on days when I do a cat eye/don't feel like wearing eyeliner, because it matches my eyelids almost exactly but has a peachy tone that brightens my blue eyes. This color will work best on those with pale skin and oily eyelids. I can see how this would accentuate dry eyelids, but as I have oily ones, it works to tame them.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products