Chantecaille Lip Potion

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Full Size Image

O.16oz / 4.5g
$43.00
I purchased my first jar 3 years ago - I remember being shocked when I first opened the box and flipped the lid of the jar - the jar was thick walled and there appeared to be such a small amount. It looks like a sheer, shimmer pink in the jar, when applied I just notice perhaps an enhanced sheen to my lips. I do not find it sticky but it is a thick, soft balm *not* a hard waxy consistency so don't jab at this thinking such or you'll end up with a thick dollop and far, far too much ... just a light quick touch to the surface is all you'll probably need. I apply this at night and my lips are soft and remain so. It has vastly decreased the constant dryness I used to be plagued with and the best thing is I have not suffered the severe chaffing and chapping I used to. As I said above I recommend just a tiny dab and sheer application - you do not need much at all - no big dab or dollop of this is necessary. This is a firm staple in my nightly routine now - I could not go to bed without applying this. I recently completely used up my first jar just over a month ago - I used it practically every night and it lasted 3 years! I waited a month to see if I missed it and my lips really did - just purchased my second jar a couple of weeks ago. I preferred this over their Lip Screen but the latter is in tube form and better for carrying with you in your handbag. I did not find the Lip Screen healing at all but it does have SPF protection. I would not recommend carrying the Lip Potion jar in your handbag or pocket for as it is a soft consistency it shall easy melt and I would hate to think of the mess of opening a jar that has melted.
Full Size Image
pic for idea of size.

on 12/15/2014 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I LOVE Chantecaille. I use many of their products, from their Rosewater to Retinol Intense, and all of their killer masks. Sadly, this purchase was a huge letdown.

I normally use By Terry Baume de Rose and La Mer The Lip Balm. I also use Sisley Confort Creme Lip Balm when my lips are particularly dry. I absolutely love Rose products, so I assumed I would love this lip balm. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to my expectations at all.

It's very thin, sticky, and much more of a gloss than a lip balm.The moment my finger touched the product, I Immediately knew it wasn't for me. My lips didn't feel anywhere near as hydrated as they do with the other products I use, listed above. It also has a sickeningly sweet smell and taste, which I find highly unpleasant. Given the thin texture of the product, it's ridiculously small and overpriced for what you get. Even the cheap plastic packaging was a fail. I'll be sticking (no pun intended) to By Terry and La Mer.

on 8/3/2014 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It is a very nice lip treatment but seriously overpriced. I only got it as a pampering treat and it is not so miraculous that I have to buy it again.

Ugh.... I love this stuff! it feels like how every balm should.. not waxy, not like a body lotion, not a gloss. it literally feels nice like theres nothing on my lips. i tried on 12 lipsticks, and consectutively wiped each off, and my lips were burning. Putting this on completely undid all the damage I did. I can't afford this right now, but it feels so pleasant. I know though that the amount is so small for the price. but honestly, it feels SO good! And for those who don't like that it doesn't have a color, i like that it doesnt... because its a balm, you're supposed to be able to put whatever you want on top. realistically this should get a 4 because of the packaging and the cost of money, but i'm too smitten with it right now.

on 6/29/2009 10:42:00 PM

This is one of the 2 lip treatments that I really like (the other one is Kanebo Sensai Total Lip Treatment). Chantecaille Lip Potion has a rich creamy texture, slightly on the sticky side. The color is a beautiful light pink w/ very slight of shimmer. When it goes on the lips, it has no color. It feels very smooth and hydrating on lips. During the harsh winter time when La Mer the Lip Balm can no longer handle my dry chap lips, Chantecaille Lip Potion is the one I go for. It heals my chappy peeling lips over night. I have been trying to finish up the La Mer (I have been using La Mer every night for 3 years and I still have 40% left in the pot) so I can just use Chantecaille and Kanebo.
The flip-lid pot of Chantecaille is fine, but like some of the reviews before mine mentioned...it is very deceiving on the amount you get in the pot. Here is the comparion of price and amount of all 3 products:

Chantecaille Lip Potion .16 oz (USD40);
La Mer the Lip Balm .32 oz (USD45);
Kanebo Sensai Total Lip Treatment .50 oz (USD65).

on 2/26/2008 12:25:00 PM

Disapointed in this product from the Chantecaille line. Does nothing. Looks pretty when first appplie: soft soft flesh pink w/a bit of shine, but does not last nor helps w/dry lips.

on 2/11/2008 9:38:00 AM

I fly all the time and am constantly looking for lip hydration products to use in flight. The pot this comes in, while very chic, is very misleading about the actual amount of product, especially considering the price. But I found this to do a good job with hydration, no sticky feeling or gooey mess, and it seemed to leave a pale hue on my lips (not a bad thing in my case since I am always looking to tone down my natural lip color). I didn't notice a particular plumping effect. I would buy it again if I were feeling rich, the cost is really what puts me off this one.

on 8/13/2007 11:11:00 AM

I have been using another high end brand since Neimans stopped carrying my beloved Sheilding Balms and just thought I'd give this one a shot. Very disappointed with it, the price was so rediculous for the size, and I am never one to complain about paying the price for a good product! Shoot, I pay $120 for a box of ten face masks! The balm itself was not very good in quality, did not hydrate, did not heal, it really just sat like a slightly tinted and shimmery gloss, and not very shiney at that, then was gone! The pot looks to be of decent size until you open it up and all you will get is a tiny well. The best thing about this balm was the packaging!! I use much of Chantecaille's line and really love everything, so this was a surprise to me. I prefer the lipscreen myself.

Popular Lip Treatments