April 17, 2014 | 1916 users online

Lip Treatments - Chantecaille - Lip Potion

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by he11ogorgeous

Ugh.... I love this stuff! it feels like how every balm should.. not waxy, not like a body lotion, not a gloss. it literally feels nice like theres nothing on my lips. i tried on 12 lipsticks, and consectutively wiped each off, and my lips were burning. Putting this on completely undid all the damage I did. I can't afford this right now, but it feels so pleasant. I know though that the amount is so small for the price. but honestly, it feels SO good! And for those who don't like that it doesn't have a color, i like that it doesnt... because its a balm, you're supposed to be able to put whatever you want on top. realistically this should get a 4 because of the packaging and the cost of money, but i'm too smitten with it right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by wawagugugaga

This is one of the 2 lip treatments that I really like (the other one is Kanebo Sensai Total Lip Treatment). Chantecaille Lip Potion has a rich creamy texture, slightly on the sticky side. The color is a beautiful light pink w/ very slight of shimmer. When it goes on the lips, it has no color. It feels very smooth and hydrating on lips. During the harsh winter time when La Mer the Lip Balm can no longer handle my dry chap lips, Chantecaille Lip Potion is the one I go for. It heals my chappy peeling lips over night. I have been trying to finish up the La Mer (I have been using La Mer every night for 3 years and I still have 40% left in the pot) so I can just use Chantecaille and Kanebo.
The flip-lid pot of Chantecaille is fine, but like some of the reviews before mine mentioned...it is very deceiving on the amount you get in the pot. Here is the comparion of price and amount of all 3 products:

Chantecaille Lip Potion .16 oz (USD40);
La Mer the Lip Balm .32 oz (USD45);
Kanebo Sensai Total Lip Treatment .50 oz (USD65).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2008 12:25:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Disapointed in this product from the Chantecaille line. Does nothing. Looks pretty when first appplie: soft soft flesh pink w/a bit of shine, but does not last nor helps w/dry lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2008 9:38:00 AM More reviews by ArabellaH

I fly all the time and am constantly looking for lip hydration products to use in flight. The pot this comes in, while very chic, is very misleading about the actual amount of product, especially considering the price. But I found this to do a good job with hydration, no sticky feeling or gooey mess, and it seemed to leave a pale hue on my lips (not a bad thing in my case since I am always looking to tone down my natural lip color). I didn't notice a particular plumping effect. I would buy it again if I were feeling rich, the cost is really what puts me off this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2007 11:11:00 AM More reviews by JCAUDO

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using another high end brand since Neimans stopped carrying my beloved Sheilding Balms and just thought I'd give this one a shot. Very disappointed with it, the price was so rediculous for the size, and I am never one to complain about paying the price for a good product! Shoot, I pay $120 for a box of ten face masks! The balm itself was not very good in quality, did not hydrate, did not heal, it really just sat like a slightly tinted and shimmery gloss, and not very shiney at that, then was gone! The pot looks to be of decent size until you open it up and all you will get is a tiny well. The best thing about this balm was the packaging!! I use much of Chantecaille's line and really love everything, so this was a surprise to me. I prefer the lipscreen myself.