October 1, 2014 | 1977 users online

Shampoo - TRESemme - Smooth & Silky Shampoo for Dry or Brittle Hair

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by shutterbug07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used numerous Tresemme shampoo and conditioner products over the years and have finally given them up because I've realised the sulfates and other chemicals in them are not doing my hair any favours! Now that I have stopped using their products and gone to more natural shampoos and conditioners, I have less hair fallout and my hair is more hydrated than ever before. Please consider the ingredients in the hair and skincare products you use!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2014 10:05:00 AM More reviews by candyintheeyes

smells nice n after shampooing, my hair is quite smooth. but it makes me suffer alot of hair loss everytime i wash my hair. hv to give up the whole bottle n the conditioner because i alrdy have hair loss problem. will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by chukulata

I've been using this shampoo (and the same line conditioner) for 6 years and I have to say it's THE best! I did try other brands here and then but it never feels the same. Everyone asks me how my hair shines so much. I wash my hair every other day or 3rd day. And my hair smells so nice even the next day. It works for me so well so I really recommend everyone to try it maybe it might work for you too :) Also I wait to find 30% extra bottles with a pump at shoppers drug mart for sale at $3.99. So worth it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My bottle came with a pump, which is a big reason I bought it. I hate those huge bottles that don't have pumps. It's almost impossible to squeeze the giant bottle while I'm all wet and slippery. The other reason was the price. This was on sale at CVS for $3.50, plus I had a $2.50 coupon. Awesome deal. This isn't as great as their anti-breakage shampoo, but it's a decent product. It smells nice, lathers well, and didn't dry out my hair.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

About my hair: 3b mixed texture fine wavy hair. Used to straightening and Keratin treatments.

This is not a good product. Yes, it is inexpensive. However, that does not excuse the condition it left my hair in after just 2 weeks of continued use. It has dried out my hair and given me DANDRIFF (itchy flakey scalp) which I have never had in my life. I may be allergic to something in this shampoo, but it doesn't look like I am the only one having problems with this shampoo. Do yourself a favor, and avoid this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by Gina1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used this shampoo and my hair started falling like anything so not using it anymore but it smells good and ur hair feels good too just like it says.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by TheLastOfUs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm German, Norwegian, and Scottish, and I wonder if it's typical of people in those countries to have naturally brittle-feeling hair. Many family members and I share this, and it's a total pain in the ass. However, I think that this wouldn't work for my hair, even if it wasn't so gross.

It does nothing for my hair. For a shampoo with Argan Oil in it, it didn't do ANYTHING for me, if anything it made my hair worse!

I'd totally recommend this for people who want to look like they haven't showered and washed their hair for a week :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Majenta03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for 3 weeks. It made my hair dull and dry. And on top of that, it's been making my hair fall out and now I have a small bald spot. Luckily my hair is long enough to hide the spot. But I have stopped and will never use this line of products ever again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

Mainly bought this because I wanted nothing but Pumps in my shower...I hate standing bottles on their heads. I use Dove conditioner (pump) with this, and I am happy with how my hair looks 2-3 days after washing. It helps make my hair consistent after the days go by (not oily up top, dry on bottom like many shampoos).

Great price point, too--I like spending $5 on a big drum of shampoo that lasts 2 months or more :D

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by makeupbabe1223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product, because i read a lot of reviews online and on MUA, that this shampoo was great for dry, frizzy, hair. So when I bought this I was excited, the first time I used it I didn't see anything wrong with it, it was just till the last couple of days I started realizing my hair felt drier and was a lot more frizzy, I let my hair dry mostly fully before I put any type of heat styling on it, and I started realizing my natural hair was worse and more frizzy. This product definitely did not do anything to my hair and it didn't even make it smooth or silky.... But I think it just depends on your hair types, someone with my hair I definitely wouldn't recommend it to them.

P.S - If you are having trouble with your shampoo not lathering enough (with this product or any other), shampoo a second time, the first time you shampoo your hair its just washing out the dirt and product, when you wash it a second time it can actually get to your hair and it will actually clean it deeper and better, and you will realize that it lathers a lot better! (: Hope this helped xoxo