TRESemme Smooth & Silky Shampoo for Dry or Brittle Hair

Water , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Fragrance , Glycerin , Carbomer , Styrene , Acrylates Copolymer , Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride , TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate , Citric Acid , Glycol Distearate , Biotin , Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil , Hydrolyzed Silk , Ascorbic Acid , Tocopheryl Acetate , Panthenol , Niacinamide , Cocamide MEA , Tetrasodium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , PEG-45M , PPG-9 , Polysorbate 20 , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Mica (CI 77019) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 4/14/2015 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used many many argan oil shampoos and this by far is the second worst. it is not bad but it was rather drying as if there was no argan oil in it. I had to add an extra moisterizer to the conitioner to combat the dryness.

on 4/11/2015 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been buying this over and over again for the past 3 years or so. I really enjoy it and always go back to it. I assume there's something in there that technically isn't as good as high end salons, but I've tried several salon brands in the $20 and my hair never felt as good as this. I should use a heat protector, but I use heat almost every day and my hair is still great. I've had many stylists touch my hair and asked them about the condition of my hair and they ALL say it's healthy, and you think they would like to sell product to me? I don't get build up, nor does it make my hair flat. It also does not make my hair fall out, something a lot of inexpensive shampoos do for me including Pantene. I also enjoy the conditioner very much for the same reasons and it's the best thing I can find right now to shave with.

on 4/2/2015 8:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Similar to most SLS based shampoos, with the exception that it contains a significant amount of argan oil & silk amino acids, however, I'm a bit dubious of how much of this actually gets washed out as it's a very foamy shampoo. But it does smell great & and of course comes in the trademark mega sized bottle making it very affordable. I've tried most of the Tresemme line and I'm most impressed with the Silky Smooth shampoo & especially the conditioner.

on 3/26/2015 3:46:00 PM

Wasn't impressed. My hair felt far from smooth and silky after using this with the matching conditioner and I have very healthy hair. After I dried my hair it was unmanageable and tangled easily. I will not repurchase.

I've used every kind of shampoo and conditioner out there. Low end stuff to high end empty the bank account stuff. These treasures should be up there with the high end products. My hair is dull, coarse, color treated, bleached ends, split ends. Literally a brillo pad... I walk by hairdressers and they have their scissors at the ready... A nightmare. I started using this because hey, why not? Well, I am glad I did. My hair is silky smooth and it shines! Shines! Did, I say it shines?! I wash my hair every other day or every third day and it's still soft and shiny on the third day! I have a dry scalp so oil really isn't an issue with me.

You may need to use a clarifying shampoo once a month or so because of build up. But you should really do that anyway if you use a lot of products. But this is my new love. I wash my hair at night and braid it before bed. The next day it dries wavy and bouncy... I am in love!

one time I used it and loved it then another time I used it and hated it...

on 12/24/2014 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This stuff completely broke me hair & damaged it! :(

on 11/14/2014 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is by far my favorite shampoo! Other products would leave my roots greasy by the end of the night and my ends disgustingly dry. This does not. I usually need to wash my hair everyday because of the grease (which is sooo bad for hair), but using this I can skip a day of washing and my hair still looks, feels, and even smells clean right before washing my 2-day old hair. It even has hydrolized silk and biotin in it with the moroccan oil and overall it's just a wonderful shampoo that I will definitely buy again and would recommend to anyone. For reference, I have fairly straight, waist length type 1b/1c hair that splits very often. I've noticed the number of split ends I have has decreased since using this and I loose less hair in the shower now.

UPDATE: I have been using this for a few months and I did notice the product eventually began to build up at my roots and couldn't confidently have day 2 hair. I needed to do a clarifying wash every week to every other week and have since itemized it in my hair care routine. I did not buy this again though because I felt the moisture was too much for my roots and switched to another tresemme product that's a little more drying especially with the warmer months coming. I will miss how soft this made my hair but I won't miss those oily roots.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have used numerous Tresemme shampoo and conditioner products over the years and have finally given them up because I've realised the sulfates and other chemicals in them are not doing my hair any favours! Now that I have stopped using their products and gone to more natural shampoos and conditioners, I have less hair fallout and my hair is more hydrated than ever before. Please consider the ingredients in the hair and skincare products you use!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I have used almost every shampoo out there....from the very cheap $2 Suave to the expensive organic brands for $10 or more. And Out of everything this is one of my favorite shampoos and conditioner brands. Not only is it cheap for what once was considered a high end salon brand, but it smells great and clean (even a little bit fruity), and the best part it leaves your hair feeling so soft and manageable. I definitely don't feel that the "Moroccan Oil" element does anything different from the "Original" variation, but nevertheless it is a great value.
All in all, this has become my everyday/norm hair shampoo and conditioner and its in my bathroom as we speak!

Video Reviews & Tutorials