September 20, 2014 | 1854 users online

Eyeliner - Bloom - Liquid Eyeliner in Ebony Brown

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2008 12:03:00 AM More reviews by mon0818

It's one of my first liquid eyeliners (I actually bought it before I use eyeliner regularly, thought I'd have something handy just in case) and one of my favourite.

The brush is fine enough to hold just right amount of liquid, and easy to control. The liquid is in the right thickness for easy application, and what i really like is the colour - the hint of golden shimmery makes all the difference. It does not define your eyes like the regular black eyeliner, but it has a softer and warmer effect that none of the black (or other browns in the market) does.

The eyeline does last the whole day on me without flaking or smudging. I noticed that some users experiences the flaking problem - and I have reliased that it does flake too if I apply it right after I put my eye cream on. After several trials, I can conclude that this product is not for oily skins (but perhaps your magic tool which you use for mattifying your eye lid for eyeshadows would help).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2007 6:46:00 AM More reviews by SimPLe_GuRL

this is my first liquid eyeliner..
i've never used liquid one..
but, for my first time, this product is quite ok, coz i dont have any product to compare though!! but i can buy it again, coz i find it's easy to use and the price also affordable

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2007 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Angie_Baby

I purchased this from my local drug store, in the hopes that it would replace my HG which is now discontinued (Chanel Ligne Extreme in Golden Bronze). I've been using it so far for 2 weeks and it's only okay. Mind you, I tend to only line the bottom of my eyes. All pencils smudge on me and in order to get a long lasting eyeliner, I use liquid (with a brush, not an "automatic pen" or felt tip). I need more definition on the bottom of my eyes for them to stand out and that's why I just line the bottom. There are a couple things I was disappointed with:
1. It's too dark for me to line my lower eyes with. I have dark hair and dark eyes but my skin is pale during this time of the year and it looked a bit harsh. Almost like I uesed a black felt pen to line my eyes. It's really closer to black than it is to brown on me. It would be fine on the upper lids though.
2. It flakes on me by the end of the work day - much like the Kiss Me liquid liner I tried.
3. You have to make sure you have enough of the product on the brush so that you don't run out during the task of applying it. That happened to me a couple of times and the flaking was worse by the end of the day.
Two pluses if you don't generally have problems with liquid liner:
4. It comes off very easily. You really don't need eye makeup remover to get it off. A wet q-tip and a bit of pressure will do a fine job.
5. You get a lot of product in the package. It's packaged as 5ml. Most other liquid eyeliner's I've tried were only 2.5 or 3ml. So, the price can be justified for that (CAN$18 as compared to Chanel at approx. CAN$30 for 2.5ml).
Sadly, since the negatives have outweighed the positives, I won't be buying this again. I'll just try and use it up on the odd occasion that I line my upper lids.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2007 10:14:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a liquid eyeliner hound and this baby has de-throned my old HG, L'Oreal Line Intensifique (the one with the brush tip). Bloom's liquid eyeliners come in a larger container than most other liquids I've ever seen. It is a tad bulky but it does hold more so I'm not complaining. It's performance makes up for it. Ebony Brown is a deep brown but it has a funky side. Applied regularly it's a flat brown, but smudge it while it's wet and you get a bronzey glow. Once it's set, it's quite immoveable! No where on the package does it make the claim but trust me this is cry proof and perhaps even swim proof. It will not come off until you remove it. (I tried it on the back of my hand and literally could not wash it off with soap and water though eye makeup remover worked fine on my eyes).
And the brush is awesome! Not too flimsy, not too stiff, it has the right amount of 'snap' and a tapers to a fine point. I wish they sold a brush just like it so I could use it for my gel liners. I am impressed!